• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Tournament II: M. Night Style!

Rorschach

GG BigAT. Damn, the Steelers do drop a lot of picks... They're just like the Raiders in that respect!

Final score: Steelers 34 Cards 28

BigAT

GG Rors.

I battled back to force overtime and then...the opening kickoff gets returned for a touchdown. I saw immediately the way that play was setting it that it was going to be trouble. Plus the game even spit in my face after I lost the coin toss, by bugging out and saying "...and the Cardinals will get their shot on offense first."

I think I got too enamored at the idea of having Fitzgerald and Boldin and focused on them far too much instead of just looking for the open man.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
GG BigAT. Damn, the Steelers do drop a lot of picks... They're just like the Raiders in that respect!

Final score: Steelers 34 Cards 28

I should have forced you to use Sweed for some real frustration.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I should have forced you to use Sweed for some real frustration.
He had no drops. :D Only drops were by Wallace. You have a very good group of WRs and an awesome QB. I'm so fucking jealous. I even abandoned the run, even though I had a great average, because it was so tempting to just throw all day. And even with a starter injured for the whole game, the OL was affording me so much time. It was amazing.

"WHAT?! THE BALL IS GOING WHERE IT TELL IT TO?! OPEN WRS?! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!?!"

318 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints <3

Wellington said:
That's not always the case. Yesterday I played DCX and had set the #1 to cover Jackson but Maclin was open all game.

Further, let's be clear, that's not the only reason I won. I threw to him three times when I noticed he was uncovered. One went for a long TD, another was incomplete, and the third was a 20 yard pass. He caught five passes in the game. One was over the middle on my last drive, he was covered. Another was on the outside, Rodgers tipped it to him. The third was on a slant in which you ran a zone coverage.

lol somebody is very defensive today, I wasn't saying you shouldn't have thrown to the open guys, I would have thrown to them too. I just was posting so others knew about it.

I don't believe I ever said it was the only reason you won either nor am I trying to take anything away from your win. However lets also be completely honest and say that it certainly helped. 20 yards for a first and a long ass td are key plays in a close matchup. You won for a number of reasons, campbells inaccuracy, a luck int, another int where i pressed the wrong button and the ball seemed to go straight up in the air, because your run defense was amazing, your offense did enough to win, because of the glitch I mentioned, etc.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
is the second round being decided by pulling names out of a hat too? I know this works.

*Fmt draws me out of the Home hat*

*looks around*

*throws me into the away hat*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Livewire, I have some friends over.

I can play 9pm est on after they leave.

1. Bears @ Ravens
2. Jets (38) @ 49ers (14)
3. Cowboys (34) @ Eagles (31)
4. Redskins (24) @ Texans (31)
5. Colts @ Falcons
6. Steelers (34) @ Cards (28)
7. Saints (34) @ Vikings (31)
8. Giants @ Raiders

p.s. the 2nd round matchups go by pf/pa as far as who gets home. for instance, here is the 2nd round right now:

1. Cowboys @ Texans

if the point differential is the same, then the higher scoring team gets the home game. unfortunately only 1 second round game is determined at this point :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Games are all-madden/6 min quarters?

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Games are all-madden/6 min quarters?
I thought it was league rules.. 10 min quarters 20 sec runoff.

[edit] Does this mean I might play Ram in the next round? Would be nice. You can't possibly hurt Ben, can you?! I'll just walk into the endzone while guys dive out of the way.

Matrix

Is it league rules? I didn't know if people were playing games shorter since it was just a tourney.

So anyone who has played what settings are we using? I just want to double check.

Matrix

Ok so 10 mins 20 sec run off and I forgot since I never looked :lol Are we using All-pro/ or All-Madden?

Matrix

I hate one of you.

Matrix

I'll go with all-madden, I think Rors is f-ing around now.

Matrix

Thanks to dm I now got the rules :lol

all pro, 10 mins, 20 sec acc clock

Sorry Rors.... DAMN JOO CB CURSE YOU!

Rorschach

t0i8mw.gif

Matrix

CB will get his
voodoo%20doll.jpg

CB3

Oh. I guess i was playing with the big boy rules instead of the childrens settings.

Matrix

GG Livewire. I didn't even deserve to be in that game, felt like you should have been destroying me.... odd game.

Bears beat the Ravens 24-21

LiveWire

Matrix said:
GG Livewire. I didn't even deserve to be in that game, felt like you should have been destroying me.... odd game.

Bears beat the Ravens 24-21

What? You were beasting with Rice all day. I had no answer for him. That 50+ yd break 6 tackles TD was the perfect example. :/

CPU Briggs saved my ass, and I was able to finally get a stop when I needed it most to get the ball back under 2 to try and drive to win. I still thought it was gonna go to overtime, but Bennett and Davis came up huge. Anyway, great game. The Ravens running game and run defense is sick.

Matrix

LiveWire said:
What? You were beasting with Rice all day. I had no answer for him. That 50+ yd break 6 tackles TD was the perfect example. :/

CPU Briggs saved my ass, and I was able to finally get a stop when I needed it most to get the ball back under 2 to try and drive to win. I still thought it was gonna go to overtime, but Bennett and Davis came up huge. Anyway, great game. The Ravens running game and run defense is sick.

Well you lost Forte so that sorta helped my Run D more. I don't know, I just felt like I was playing like shit on D. I gave up a huge pass play to Olsen of over 71 yards. I was just letting you have your way in the air despite what the score was.

My run with Rice was pure luck that you couldn't tackle him, 6 broken tackles on that one play was just insane. I don't pull off that crazy run and I don't have a chance to win. My pass game was bleh.

Yea cpu Briggs was who killed me, that 2nd int he pulled that one out of his ass :(

Matrix

CB3 said:
Should have used All Madden

Why? My pass game would have been even worse :lol

Birdman02

CB3 said:
Oh. I guess i was playing with the big boy rules instead of the childrens settings.

I think we should replay with the right settings. It's obvious that the all-madden setting is the reason I lost! :D

1. Bears (24) @ Ravens (21)
2. Jets (38) @ 49ers (14)
3. Cowboys (34) @ Eagles (31)
4. Redskins (24) @ Texans (31)
5. Colts @ Falcons
6. Steelers (34) @ Cards (28)
7. Saints (34) @ Vikings (31)
8. Giants @ Raiders
--------

Round 2 Games:

Bears @ Jets
Cowboys @ Texans

CB3

Ah, Livewire.

Here is where you talk shit about how your gonna beat me, before your inevitable downfall.

Somnia

Wellie I'll be on AIM all day tomorrow while I'm watching the games. Whenever you want to play just let me know seeing as Dallas isn't on T.V. here tomorrow =(

CB3

Somnia said:
Wellie I'll be on AIM all day tomorrow while I'm watching the games. Whenever you want to play just let me know seeing as Dallas isn't on T.V. here tomorrow =(

Just move to LA. They are on here EVERY FUCKING WEEK. They even showed the game against the Cheifs. Terrible

Though the Cowboys Falcons game should be good. And i actually wanted to watch the Broncos Cowboys game so that worked out too

Somnia

CB3 said:
Just move to LA. They are on here EVERY FUCKING WEEK. They even showed the game against the Cheifs. Terrible

Though the Cowboys Falcons game should be good. And i actually wanted to watch the Broncos Cowboys game so that worked out too
Maybe I'll do that just for the games :lol Thank god for NFL redzone though since I don't have DirectTV. I'm stuck with bears games every week with the occasional rams game....yay me!

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Ah, Livewire.

Here is where you talk shit about how your gonna beat me, before your inevitable downfall.

What? I'm definitely going to lose, what are you talking about?

I'm out until later this afternoon, running a marathon in DC today. I'll check in the thread when I get back.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
What is your AIM name my brother!

Mrbob

Striker not home right now. Won't be able to play until after the Bears/Bengals game later today.

LiveWire said:

Good job holding up the fort with da Bears! You let CPU Matrix stay in the game too closely but a win is a win! :D At least I'm not crazy when I had all season long a bunch of gang tackles being broken for tds. Proof is here!

Somnia

Great game Wellie. 24-20 Texans. I let you come back at the very end =(

Time to start practicing with my passing game!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Texans!!! TD with :27 left in the game to win 24-20.

Somnia is serious with the Cowboys, good grief, but we all know who the real ballers are in the state of Texas!

LiveWire

CB3 said:
61-0 Jets

gg. I think that game was decided by Madden before we even started it. 2 kickoff forced fumbles, 7 picks (3 of which were my fault, but then again I was chasing a 20+ point lead for most of the game). 2 more forced fumbles on safe passing plays and while holding RB. The Jets average starting position was like my own 25. :lol Thomas Jones was practically untouchable. I literally saw two Bears tackle each other trying to hit him. smh

Oh and fuck All-Day, Sanchize is All-God. I don't think I sacked him once, he got hit with what should have been plenty of guaranteed sacks, and one of 3 things happened:

1) ball falls harmlessly incomplete nearby
2) pass is completed for a first down
3) pass is completed for a TD

I mean, wow. :O

CB3

Oh and fuck All-Day, Sanchize is All-God. I don't think I sacked him once, he got hit with what should have been plenty of guaranteed sacks, and one of 3 things happened:

1) ball falls harmlessly incomplete nearby
2) pass is completed for a first down
3) pass is completed for a TD

:lol :lol :lol

I <3 Sanchize

Top Bottom