• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Oct/Nov NBA 2007-2008 Season Thread - AKA San Antonio's Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
reilo said:
Blackace and bishoptl will make sure to ban them ALL.

I remember all the bandwagon haters also... waiting for the same people who were posting celolitcs to sing about how they knew that they would be good... then I can ban them.. Also PD has a little something riding on there season as well...

Hawks looked great! Ruled the glass with a passion

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
:lol ELSON DUNKED ON PENNY

AWESOME x 40

ok I'm not that excited but the visual of it was great

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Memphis needs to do something about their freakin butterfinger disease, jeez

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
0 - 4 with the Phoenix Suns coming up on Friday.

oh boy.... rough start. I blame Stern for the crappy schedule.

Karakand

Blackace said:
I remember all the bandwagon haters also... waiting for the same people who were posting celolitcs to sing about how they knew that they would be good... then I can ban them..
Wait... I don't really get this. Can you clarify? I assure you I am no Celtics bandwagon hater. They were the first team I ever hated. In fact you could say I learned the concept of hate from the Celtics.

Blackace

Karakand said:
Wait... I don't really get this. Can you clarify? I assure you I am no Celtics bandwagon hater. They were the first team I ever hated. In fact you could say I learned the concept of hate from the Celtics.

:lol As a franchise I never liked the celtics. But everyone bagging the big three when they traded for Ray and KG seemed like they were doing it because it was the in thing to do. And now that they are smashing teams people have become a bit quiet... like I said I am still waiting for the same people to turn around and start saying "I knew they'd be good, how couldn't they be?" or "I told you Doc Rivers was a great coach! ":lol

Because that is how it happens

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Celtics still suck, I don't care how well they do. They can go win the NBA championship and they still suck.

woodchuck

I can see a decline in the Celtics midseason when the lack of a bench (and a coach) catches up with them.

To beat the best teams, you need to have a quality bench.

Fifty

I agree. The Celtics suck, but Ray Allen and KG do not. The real Celtics team is somewhere out in another universe losing every game. This twilight zone version is not a real Celtics team, and therefore the Celtics can still suck.

Blackace

woodchuck said:
I can see a decline in the Celtics midseason when the lack of a bench (and a coach) catches up with them.

To beat the best teams, you need to have a quality bench.

From the 2 games I have seen of them, their bench is playing pretty darn well... it will be an injury that does them in..

Karakand

Blackace said:
:lol As a franchise I never liked the celtics. But everyone bagging the big three when they traded for Ray and KG seemed like they were doing it because it was the in thing to do. And now that they are smashing teams people have become a bit quiet... like I said I am still waiting for the same people to turn around and start saying "I knew they'd be good, how couldn't they be?" or "I told you Doc Rivers was a great coach! ":lol

Because that is how it happens
:lol gotcha

If the Celtics go winless or undefeated they still suck. I'm consistent in my hating!

Branduil

Cerrius said:
0 - 4 with the Phoenix Suns coming up on Friday.

oh boy.... rough start. I blame Stern for the crappy schedule.

6sq9aba.jpg

What Satan giveth, Satan can taketh away.

Blackace

woodchuck said:
I just don't trust BRIAN SCALABRINE getting quality minutes.
I can understand that. But really any NBA player is good. If they are wide open they will knock down almost any shot most of the time. the big 3 makes the other 2 players on the court wide open. I saw in both games how players and coaches reacted to having them 3 on the floor at the same time. they tried to double team KG and PP and it just gets ugly..

I3rand0

Bulls are definitely free falling. Popular thinking says they need to trade for kobe quick, however I think if they can turn things around on their own -- might end up going even further than if they had him in the long run.

I3rand0

Tamanon said:
So apparently it seems that Al Horford's game translates pretty well to the NBA.

Aye. I think he's capable for about 12 and 10 throughout his career.

Imo if Acie Law can stabilize their offense at the point, they'll make the playoffs.

edit: Fuck Tyronn Lue.

I3rand0 said:
Bulls are definitely free falling. Popular thinking says they need to trade for kobe quick, however I think if they can turn things around on their own -- might end up going even further than if they had him in the long run.

They started off slow last year as well. The difference this year is that half the team is trade bait and I can't blame them for being apathetic.

And holy shit the Hawks are impressive. They beat both Dallas and Phoenix and they could have easily won against New Jersey or Detroit.

Bobcats are through. Their team chemistry is nonexistent. Start Walter Herrmann.

AirBrian

I3rand0 said:
No need to panic yet. Bulls always start slow. Plus, half the team, a young and easily affected team, was in the mix for trade. It'll take them a bit to snap out of it. It's actually one of the few mistakes Paxton has made. He should've just told the Lakers no deal if it couldn't get done by the start of the season.

And just a random note, it was really nice to see Barea start and score 25 points the other night for the Mavs!

bluemax

Banned
The Sonics are never going to win.

I'm not worried about KD's shooting percentage tonight. He sucked in the opener and that shot good percentages the next couple of nights.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Portland :):)

What a great fucking game that was.

Remind me never to pay $8 for beer ever again.

Jeff-DSA

I just got back from the Jazz/Cavs game...D-WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL!!!

Man, I can't believe we picked up both Brewer and Milsap in the same draft. What a couple of killer picks. Kirilenko was passing the ball well too. Also, that was the quietest 20+/10+ for Boozer that I've seen in a long time. We played pretty bad for a big chunk of that game and were lucky to pull it off, especially with the 15 minute ice job (without a timeout) they gave Brewer before those last two foul shots.

Oh, and why the crap is Joey Crawford back. Good freak...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jeff-DSA said:
I just got back from the Jazz/Cavs game...D-WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL!!!

Man, I can't believe we picked up both Brewer and Milsap in the same draft. What a couple of killer picks. Kirilenko was passing the ball well too. Also, that was the quietest 20+/10+ for Boozer that I've seen in a long time. We played pretty bad for a big chunk of that game and were lucky to pull it off, especially with the 15 minute ice job (without a timeout) they gave Brewer before those last two foul shots.

Oh, and why the crap is Joey Crawford back. Good freak...

Hey you live in Salt Lake? Sweet me too :D

Nice finish for the Jazz, also happy with the first Memphis win

Blackace said:
I remember all the bandwagon haters also... waiting for the same people who were posting celolitcs to sing about how they knew that they would be good... then I can ban them.. Also PD has a little something riding on there season as well...

Hawks looked great! Ruled the glass with a passion

They've won 2 games, and barely won another. I still expect the Bulls to finish ahead of them, believe.

RBH

Tamanon said:
So apparently it seems that Al Horford's game translates pretty well to the NBA.

I've been extremely impressed with Horford.

I was calling for the Hawks to get Conley in the draft rather than Horford, but so far, it looks like Billy Knight made a great decision with Horford+Law.

Especially Horford, as he has surpassed all of my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom