• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! NeoGAF NOV. 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
24100445945_44cb8b8a90_o.jpg

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

HAPPY 10 YEARS NEOGAF!

Dear NeoGAF,

November 2016 marks the 10 year anniversary of the NeoGAF Pick-Up Post Thread! I remember when I first started this concept ten years ago. How much have you grown since then? Over this past ten years my life has changed completely (for the better) and I am truly grateful for gaming playing such a big part of my life.

I hope and wish the same for everyone else reading this thread. These threads have chronicled the past ten years of our gaming purchases. Let's celebrate with more months and years to come. Cheers!

AND THEN... THERE WERE TWO.

2 months left in 2016. Is your wallet ready? Are you done shopping?

Welcome back to the stage of history. As mentioned... This year (2016) marks the 10 year anniversary of this thread (November). Time flies when you're gaming. Let's enjoy it and succeed together!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from Oct. 2016. As we go through Nov. 2016, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Here are some of my favorite pickups from October! I'll be going back to Japan (Osaka) tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have some cool November pick-ups soon!

14553281_690860131079619_3589423509228486656_n.jpg

While in Singapore I picked up the cart version of Legend of Zelda for Famicom and the mighty Super Mario Bros. USA (Super Mario Bros. 2).

14540422_1873663089524103_4102660697962315776_n.jpg

The Lexdray Portland Sneaker Duffel bag is awesome and fits my gaming stuff/sneaker stuff all the same.

14561808_1778043782453977_2503849295141142528_n.jpg

Got this cool Dragon Ball poster at TwitchCon!

14310637_293851627668409_5322918459317682176_n.jpg

Also from TwitchCon, got a signed copy of Daigo's book. I gave away all the copies I got from EVO, so finally happy to have my own.

14730662_1603925166568588_426345546454663168_n.jpg

Picked these up while in Tulsa, Oklahoma at ThrillHouse Games.

14718384_1357788664253983_6685507605751660544_n.jpg

The new shattered backboard 1s came in!

14701212_285502725176626_5107010981628739584_n.jpg

Nice new gear from the HORI guys!

14723644_1838210719741622_2618550554309165056_n.jpg

Like many others, jumped in on PSVR!

14677469_1794071854139289_2445756177380802560_n.jpg

Picked up Ninja Gaiden III while in Japan. Wanted to see how the game was originally intended to be played. Also picked up Ninja Gaiden I!

14712033_1810367055841768_5417232286120673280_n.jpg

Completed my Persona 3 movie collection! Now I can watch the whole thing...

14474200_565515283651208_5367618421645115392_n.jpg

Visited the team at Arc System Works and they gave me a copy of their newest BlazBlue iteration!

14583279_1988818398011281_6718142261915287552_n.jpg

Two lovely PS1 gems. The original Biohazard and Project Horned Owl...

14583240_567019206829910_6948607810426896384_n.jpg

PS1 stickers!

14498934_1013802605408230_329017554553012224_n.jpg

New Famicom game in 2016!? Believe it.

That's all I got for October! Have a great November! I'll be posting a lot from my travels and I'll be in Japan again for work! More goodies!

Have a good one, GAF! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram.

Galdius

October was a pretty good month.
In the last weekend (and also a fews days before) I got some new stuff:

10 N64 games (I'm missing 16 for the fullset now):
gUmkIPxl.jpg

Some GB games:
Rkm8fWll.jpg

And some PS4 and Vita games:
lt1guOPl.jpg

PSOreo

Massive congrats on 10 years Mark! This has been my favourite thread since I joined Gaf so thank you for that.

*Will update this post with recent pick-ups*

Happy 10 years Mark!

Love these threads. Don't post too much but always subscribe and look at everything. Bought many things myself after seeing them posted in here!

zmet

Bandai Hi-Metal R VF-1A Standard Mass-Production Machine (aka the "Cannon Fodder" Valkyrie) & VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo Valkyrie

Collector's Editions of "The Thing" (1982) and "Carrie" (1976), as well as Astro Zombies

The Earth Dies Screaming and Prince Movie Collection

Hobgoblins, Nightmare Sisters and Deathrow Gameshow

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection and Pan's Labyrinth

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vol. XXXVII with bonus Sci-Fi/Comedy Channel Oscar specials disc

Street Fighter II: The Movie and Mobile Suite V Gundam Collection 2

The Art of Atari

So many great memories in this book for me

Loose copy of On the Ball (aka Cameltry) and ABZU Original Soundtrack

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4

Skyrim Special Edition and Titanfall 2

The Xbox One versions are for my nephew

Happy 10th Anniversary!

@MarkMan: that Ninja Gaiden III box art is just beautiful. Hadn't seen it before.

October was dominated by Vita and PS2 pickups again. Mostly cheap(ish) stuff.

PS4 games: Retro City Rampage DX reprint, Middle Earth - Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition
Middle Earth has been on my want-list ever since it released. Just didn't want to pick up the PS3 version which is apparently quite bad. And I figured this is the sort of game that would become cheap down the line, so it was just a matter of holding out.

PS3 game: The Awakened Fate Ultimatum, Saints Row The Third
Never played a Saints Row game before. For €2 I figured I could give this game a try.

Vita games: Lumo, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace Launch Edition, Dragon Fantasy - The Black Tome of Ice SE, MLB The Show 15, Akiba's Trip - Undead & Undressed, Danganronpa Another Episode - Ultra Despair Girls, Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs-Force, Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, Gundam Breaker 3, WRC 3, MotoGP 13, LittleBIGPlanet - Marvel Super Hero Edition, Best of Arcade Games, Madden NFL 13, and Farming Simulator 14

Finally getting close now to owning all Asian English Vita releases, which are a bit of an inconvenient thing to the Vita collector if you ask me. Same goes for Limited Run Games releases actually. #firstworldproblems
Also, why on Earth is Madden NFL 13 already/still so expensive (and fairly hard to find)?
Slowly catching up with all the Vita games out there. The handheld is going to dominate my pickup posts for quite a while still though.

PS2 games: Mr Moskeeto, Shadow of Rome, Summoner 2, Time Crisis 3, Downhill Domination, Cold Winter, Psi-Ops - The Mindgate Conspiracy, Freedom Fighters, and Project Snowblind
Happy to have found Mr Moskeeto locally, at a retro game convention. First time I ever saw it out in the wild, so I just had to pick it up.

PSP game: Retro City Rampage DX
Just an empty case unfortunately. Wouldn't have minded another UMD.

Wii U game: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition
Wasn't going to get this game any time soon. I was actually hoping for it ("it" being the regular edition) to drop in price eventually, at which time I would pick it up. But then the LE popped up at a discount locally. Couldn't resist.

Wii games: Tak and the Guardians of Gross, Bully - Scholarship Edition
Bully/Canis Canem Edit never looked all that appealing to me back in the day, but it keeps popping up among games people here on GAF remember fondly. So it's been on my want-list for a year or two now. Was finally able to pick up a mint copy for just a few euros.

MSX game: Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles ("Tortugas Ninja" in Spanish)

zmet

how are the marx bros blu rays? i'm hoping for a black friday deal on those since i already have the dvd set
They look pretty good on blu-ray. The picture can get kinda soft every once in awhile. I got the set mostly for Duck Soup. Such a funny movie.

harz-marz

October was a pretty good month.
In the last weekend (and also a fews days before) I got some new stuff:

10 N64 games (I'm missing 16 for the fullset now):
gUmkIPxl.jpg

Some GB games:
Rkm8fWll.jpg

And some PS4 and Vita games:
lt1guOPl.jpg

NICE! Curious which ones you are missing now?

hugoboss78

Neo Member
Technically, they all came in October but I was away almost the whole time...

bPWXopi.jpg

...doing a bit of exploring! One thing I'm very passionate about is traveling. I was able to see country #38 (UAE)...

FWk8Be1.jpg

...country #39 (India)...

2l0xlHM.jpg

...and country #40 (Nepal).

2JmAq1d.jpg

Koppai

dUYVVBx.jpg

Popplio <3

Picked these up at GameStop, they didn't have any Genesect code cards so they generated a code. Also got an extra Volcanion card even though they aren't supposed to give em out anymore.

KvnBPWu.jpg

Got a new t shirt.

Galdius

NICE! Curious which ones you are missing now?

I'm missing:

Destruction Derby 64
Clay Fighter 63 1/2
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Gex 64: Enter the Gecko
Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-Traction
Charlie's Blast Territory
Indy Racing 2000
Monaco Grand Prix
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling
Monopoly
Tigger's Honey Hunt
Tonic Trouble
CyberTiger
Paperboy
S.C.A.R.S
World Driver Championship

But yesterday I ordered 8 of those 16 games online.
It will take a few weeks to arrive but that's ok.
I'm planning on finishing the set on december.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Not the best quality pictures, my apologies.

I've been on a bit of a shopping spree recently.

i'll be adopting/picking up my new dog later today! totally stoked!
Congratulations! And good luck. ;)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Forgot to post Darth Maul. :p

Fray hype!
Been about a decade, I should re-read it sometime. :)
I've almost finished reading Buffy S08's Wolves at the Gate (#12 - #15) and i've heard that Time of Your Life (#16 - #19) is a cross-over, so it felt like the right time to finally buy Fray.
I know nothing else about the book or Fray herself, expect that the story is set in the future and that it's Whedon's first Graphic Novel.
Really looking forward to reading it. :)

TheMoon

Forgot to post Darth Maul. :p

I've almost finished reading Buffy S08's Wolves at the Gate (#12 - #15) and i've heard that Time of Your Life (#16 - #19) is a cross-over, so it felt like the right time to finally buy Fray.
I know nothing else about the book or Fray herself, expect that the story is set in the future and that it's Whedon's first Graphic Novel.
Really looking forward to reading it. :)

Haven't kept up with the Buffy comics after S8 but I really really enjoyed Fray. It felt more natural as an original thing created as a comic instead of transitioning from TV to the page and losing the performance aspects. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I also recommend Sugarshock, one of his other early comic works (unrelated to any of his established universes). It's in a small compilation issue from Myspace/Dark Horse (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1593079982/).

Maxwood

I also recommend Sugarshock, one of his other early comic works (unrelated to any of his established universes). It's in a small compilation issue from Myspace/Dark Horse (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1593079982/).
It sounds weird. I already like it.
I'll put it on my wishlist. That whole book looks interesting. Big thanks for the recommendation!

Cheddahz

Banned
The Gamestop near actually had a complete copy of Blue Dragon (it even still has ad inserts in it) for $13, which is a whole cheaper than it is to find the game online right now and I picked up Vanquish because hey, I want to be ready whenever it's playable on my Xbox One

Happy Anniversary! These are my favorite threads on GAF. Even when I'm dirt-poor (divorce left me with a heaping pile of debt), these threads always make me happy to see others treating themselves.

Here are some things I got recently over the past two months. I had a recent small windfall.

I was deep into WoW for years after it was released and I always loved the franchise even after quitting the game. So, with the release of Legion and all the good buzz about it and the release of the Warcraft movie (which I loved - despite all critics everywhere), I re-upped my subscription after a 8 year hiatus.

I then went WoW crazy.

oMxLIxm.jpg

My fresh purchase of World of Warcraft Legion CE next to others I had bought. I was able to track down an unopened CE of Warlords of Draenor as well. The only CE I'm missing is Mists of Pandaria.

TDwI49r.jpg

Also from Warcraft universe, Doomhammer replica from Epic Weapons and Orgrim Doomhammer from Weta Workshop.

zZOYOKj.jpg

These are older purchases, but I never posted them. Arthas from DC figures and Varian Wrynn with the CE of Warcraft 3 as the backdrop.

DVfbJ6p.jpg

Here's the whole shelf.

Now on to some beloved books:

Ba4fDxH.jpg

The two latest Malazan books.

szR6Tv2.jpg

And on the shelf beside their brothers sisters.

pb5yV2g.jpg

And finally, the latest Game of Thrones publication. Illustrated. I still have my original copy of the first printing from 1996, but I have re-purchased this book in numerous forms over the last 20 years.

Missed out on this when it came out (three years ago lol) and had the urge to try and track down a copy after seeing it on Amazon Japan. After one failed attempt on ordering the book from a different site, I ended up ordering a used copy off Amazon from a Japanese seller. Took about a month to arrive, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive a basically brand new copy - there was zero damage at all and all the postcards/spine are straight.

599CDAB7-A3B3-4AF3-B596-7A65784D89B9_zpsuxxifg8d.jpg

Missed out in October but lots of digital games for PSVR and obviously the headset too.

November so far I've received my Bitmap Brothers Universe book from the Kickstarter

CwNBxMYWYAEOy_Y.jpg

and also new shoes from ohw? Limited Scroobius Pip design and signed polaroid

BFTkqxu.jpg

JZnCsVq.jpg

and Battlezone via the US

wu7y8zg.jpg

Still to come this month will be the PS4 Pro on the 26th for my 40th birthday.

Crixus

I then went WoW crazy.

oMxLIxm.jpg

My fresh purchase of World of Warcraft Legion CE next to others I had bought. I was able to track down an unopened CE of Warlords of Draenor as well. The only CE I'm missing is Mists of Pandaria.
Super nice, I'm so jealous of your WoW collection. Although I have played the game since 2005, I haven't thought about collecting the CE's until I found the Cataclysm CE heavily discounted in a store, and then I searched the ebay and realized I could never afford the prices for the original and burning crusade so I gave up. I think your Mists Of Pandaria will be easier to find for a reasonale price. THis collection looks amazing on a shelf, I wish more CE publishers would adopt this standardized CE size and design across an entire series.

Top Bottom