• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Oct/Nov NBA 2007-2008 Season Thread - AKA San Antonio's Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Cleveland vs. Sacramento? Who approved of this yawnfest?

I am so sick of Cleveland being on TV. Most boring team with a "superstar" ever.

Branduil said:
Cleveland vs. Sacramento? Who approved of this yawnfest?

I am so sick of Cleveland being on TV. Most boring team with a "superstar" ever.

They're boring to watch because all Cleveland does is stand around and watch Lebron do whatever he wants to do. Cleveland plays perhaps the worst "team ball" of anyone in the league. Lebron's teammates are essentially season ticket holders, away and home.

Branduil

Karakand said:
Q

F

T

It's like the Association doesn't want good television numbers.

It doesn't help that Lebron isn't terribly charismatic to begin with, but when you add him to a team of zombie stiffs with unpronounceable names and bad/no hair it's a recipe for insomnia cure-all like no other.

bionic77

Karakand said:
They just look so... aimless and disorganized out there.
It could be worse, at least they can put up points.

Problem is no one is playing any defense except Kobe.

Watching some Howard highlights. Is this guy going to be the next Shaq? He gets a ridiculous amount of dunks, reminds me of Shaq when he was a rookie.

Branduil

While I'm ranting, can someone tell me why I should care that a billion Chinese are watching the crappy Rockets/Bucks game just because two Chinese players are in it?

Karakand

Branduil said:
While I'm ranting, can someone tell me why I should care that a billion Chinese are watching the crappy Rockets/Bucks game just because two Chinese players are in it?
Mo money
Mo money
Mo money!

To overspend on shitty scrubs. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
Please dont tell me Odom got a Star tattoo on the back of his head....
I thought he just shaved it into his head. Though i guess it could be a tattoo :lol

thekad

Banned
Branduil said:

1) Best center in the league
2) Two superstar swingman
3) Upcoming star
4) Best team in the league vs a respectable Eastern Conference team

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bionic77 said:

Watching some Howard highlights. Is this guy going to be the next Shaq? He gets a ridiculous amount of dunks, reminds me of Shaq when he was a rookie.

He will be the next shaq. I said that last year you can just see it in him when he plays. Total absolute monster

Branduil

thekad said:
4) Most overrated team in the league vs a mediocre-even-by-Eastern Conference-standards team
I'm talking about Houston vs. Milwaukee not some hypothetical Dallas/San Antonio vs. Detroit/Boston matchup.

bionic77 said:

Yes, he will be the next Shaq. The guy is a monster physically and can pretty much score at will. Not to mention that he is fantastic at rebounding.

thekad

Banned
Absinthe said:
Best team in the league? The same one that lost against Dallas even though Dallas didn't have two of their starters playing?

Yes, the same one that had the Dallas game in the bag until Terry decided to go into God Mode and currently has a better record than said Mavericks. Also, the same team that hasn't lost to the fucking Hawks. Dampier and Harris wouldn't have made a positive difference, I can tell you that much.

Cloudy

Banned
Nice game by the Lakers. Still too many turnovers..

Lamar looked GREAT. Luke on the bench where his scrub ass belongs..

thekad said:
Yes, the same one that had the Dallas game in the bag until Terry decided to go into God Mode and currently has a better record than said Mavericks. Also, the same team that hasn't lost to the fucking Hawks. Dampier and Harris wouldn't have made a positive difference, I can tell you that much.

Phoenix also lost to the Hawks and Detroit nearly did. Also, Josh Howard and Dampier didn't play against the Hawks either. And Harris went down in the second half.

Gigglepoo

Damn, JO got lit up tonight. Is Emeka really that good? He always seems so far behind Dwight Howard. If he has this in his game, well, watch out East.

Branduil

thekad said:
"The Mavericks didn't beat the Rockets... they just scored more points than them."

Karakand

Speaking of kicking the Sonics when they're down can you believe Stern saying that if the Sonics leave Seattle they wont EVER get another team? I suppose it's nicer of him to be upfront about that (fuck you NFL) but still... way harsh.

Karakand

Gigglepoo said:
Damn, JO got lit up tonight. Is Emeka really that good? He always seems so far behind Dwight Howard. If he has this in his game, well, watch out East.
He's fishing for a max contract this season.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
PORTLAND!!!! :) :D

LaMarcus: 30pts, 10reb, 3bl, 3stl, 2asst [12-20FG]
Roy: 22pts, 4reb, 8asst, 2stl, 0TO [!!!!]
Webster: 17pts, 3-6 3pt, 5reb, 2bs
Jack: 21pts, 7-11FG, 5reb, 4asst, 2stl [Off the bench!!!]

Portland 110 - 98 Memphis

BTW, Rudy Gay? Yeah... he's playing REALLY well. He was hitting the 3 like no other tonight.

Oh, and I got my Greg Oden bobble-head doll. Bitches!

Branduil

Karakand said:
Speaking of kicking the Sonics when they're down can you believe Stern saying that if the Sonics leave Seattle they wont EVER get another team? I suppose it's nicer of him to be upfront about that (fuck you NFL) but still... way harsh.
Like I said... Stern needs to die. This is a man who thinks it'd be smarter to put new teams in freaking Europe than one of the larger U.S. markets.

Die Stern, die.

Gigglepoo

Karakand said:
He's fishing for a max contract this season.

So he is still pretty far behind Howard, right? He sure looked like a superstar tonight...

BTW - I think LeBron is my least favorite athlete in sports today. I seriously hate watching him play. I can't believe we have fifteen more years of his reign.

thekad

Banned
Branduil said:
"The Mavericks didn't beat the Rockets... they just scored more points than them."

The Mavericks won, but the win wasn't impressive enough for me to put them above the Rockets.

Okay, this argument has gone on for too long. I was half-joking when I said the Rockets were the best team. They are better than the Mavericks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom