• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Uncharted 2 Beta Thread

Dragnet

Aaah..the 'bling' sound when you get a medal is so damn satisfying :D I just got a 3 kills with 1 grenade medal, SHIT WAS SO CASH.

spwolf

Insane Metal said:
So, how are the gfx compared to the first game?

I guess it's not really much better considering it's a multiplayer?

graphics are awesome, big difference if you can imagine it - gameplay - you need to adjust a bit and then it works well too

dudeguy24

I have a beta code that I'm not going to use.

First person to post about something nice they did for someone else today gets it!

Dragnet

Sorry if this has already been answered but..is this shareable? I have a mate who didn't get a code with his inFamous too :(

Also, 3 beeps crash when exit is SUPER LAME. Especially at 3am when the family are trying to sleep.

Agent X

I've been utterly hooked on inFamous, but I'll tear myself away for a little bit to join you for some Uncharted 2 fun. Downloading it now!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
not my pics

a299e125.jpg

b5269dfe.jpg

0867459d.jpg

6c5bb507.jpg

2e3db6b2.jpg

505251a7.jpg

9388f760.jpg

824f6c3c.jpg

045ca9e7.jpg

012fe29b.jpg

b1eff1ea.jpg

4bf1b4df.jpg

5d83a47d.jpg

73bf0943.jpg

b6014468.jpg

8c2e5964.jpg

10ee8303.jpg

444f620e.jpg

Beta is sweet!!

Chiggs

Well, I just got done playing a round of deathmatch. Yawn. Save for the visuals, it does nothing for me. Going to try the co-op stuff tomorrow.

Bearillusion said:
This is probably the best place to ask as people here are actually playing the game. Tearing?

I've seen none. ND really knocked the visuals out of the park.

netguy503

for the folks that shared, did it lock the other person out for 24 hrs? Just sharing with a friend and I think he is having this problem. :(

Sean

Banned
Competitive sucks but the co-op is kinda fun.

Shame the person I was playing with had no idea what to do. There's a bunch of things you need to do in order to progress to the next "room" (holding triangle to lift up a bookcase etc) and the guy I was with would ignoring that and be off shooting somewhere. Me and some other guy were waiting for him for like 10 mins, got annoying.

spwolf

Sean said:
Competitive sucks but the co-op is kinda fun.

Shame the person I was playing with had no idea what to do. There's a bunch of things you need to do in order to progress to the next "room" (holding triangle to lift up a bookcase etc) and the guy I was with would ignoring that and be off shooting somewhere. Me and some other guy were waiting for him for like 10 mins, got annoying.

once you get used to the gamplay, both are fun :).

Gonna add the guys posted in the OP and jump in for a bit, the 3 hours of TF2 just won't help with this now :lol. I don't have a mic incase anyone wonders why I'm silent (though I would be mostly silent anyway)

JoJo13

Banned
Competitive is awesome. It's similar to Gears (obviously), but better. No lag or netcode issues, the controls are very responsive and fluid, graphics are jaw dropping of course.

Plunder is the shit! I want new modes.

Spasm

I just had a game of Plunder where there was no plunder. Well, there was for about a minute. Then it all just disappeared.
Turned into 15 minutes of just deathmatch.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
BigKaboom2 said:
Inverted-Y is broken outside of aim mode. I wish it was either not broken or fully broken since it's incredibly disconcerting to have to switch back and forth. :lol

Yeah, it was so bad I just switched to default for everything, I normally play everything y invert if possible.

Wickerman

My final game of the night was a bit frustrating. A guy that I'm convinced was either a developer on the game or QA, was killing everyone on my team with absolute ease. It seemed as though had playing the game for the months and knew the map inside and out.

He finished the round 45-12. :/

_mo

Oozer3993 said:
If anyone has an extra code, could you send it my way? I'd love to try this out, but I have no plans to buy inFamous.

Just PM'd one to you, pass it on if it was too late.

played co-op like 5 times, versus 3 or 4.

Co-op is stellar. A++++ job here.

Versus grew on me. At first I thought it was ok, but it's actually pretty fun. Nothing too great and I don't think I can see myself getting hooked on it.

Graphics and sound are very, very good. The shooting and controls feel so much better. Guns feel powerful and all that. Can't wait for this game.

Cagen

There are a couple of things that annoy me right off the bat in competitive.

The first being more serious (in my opinion), which is that there is little to no feedback to the player when they land a hit on an enemy, at least not that I've noticed in my sleep deprived stupor over the last 2 hours. Not knowing how many hits I have landed means I have no idea how wounded the enemy is and how long I should concentrate on him or whether I should follow him to finish him off or not. Players also seem to take a hell of a lot of bullets, even to the head but this might just be me.

The second issue is a tad selfish but if I have run the length of the map, carrying the idol in plunder mode, killing anyone that comes near me to take it off me then it really sucks that I have to throw it up into the top of the building just to have someone else pick it up and claim the point/capture. I know the mode is about teamwork but a little recognition for my hard work would be appreciated.

Having said that, not displaying your k/d during plunder mode is a stroke of genius. People might (here's hoping) play more tactfully and work as a team instead of just going after kills. Then again you get money and level up from kills so I am probably just dreaming here.

calder

Co-op was a blast, had a quick game with some GAF folk (at least one was anyway). Again sorry I didn't bother getting my headset, I'm just sick as a dog today and constant coughing wasn't going to help our communication any.

Can't wait to play it a bit more when I don't feel like death, very impressed with the visuals and performance for online multi.

Cagen

Wickerman said:
My final game of the night was a bit frustrating. A guy that I'm convinced was either a developer on the game or QA, was killing everyone on my team with absolute ease. It seemed as though had playing the game for the months and knew the map inside and out.

He finished the round 45-12. :/

Every game I've played has had a max of 25 points, how did he get to 45? It wont let me make a custom match so I can't change any settings for this.

Top Bottom