• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Overwatch: Origins Edition" for PS4/XB1 [GameStop Promo Pictures]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

I think this is F2P and that it will be both digital and physical; physical comes with some goodies like additional skins and stuff (just like HOTS starter pack). Also, I don't think this will be $60, probably $20.

weevles

I would like to know what they are offering with that $60 since all their other retail F2P bundles are way less than that.

Auctopus

Why are people trying to deny/confuse this F20 notion? Has blizzard actually said its F2P yet? Or is it just GAF creating a fantasy and choosing to live in it?

Orayn

Why are people trying to deny/confuse this F20 notion? Has blizzard actually said its F2P yet? Or is it just GAF creating a fantasy and choosing to live in it?

Data mining having all the exact same things as another F2P game from Blizzard, Blizz's last two new games being F2P, the game being structured like something F2P... The writing is on the wall.

Interfectum

Yup, we're all just living in a fantasy. Not like there's evidence to be found nor common sense to be had.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CTE7UpnUEAExLZP.jpg:large

CTE6b9iUAAATu42.jpg:orig

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This isn't such an uncommon idea really. You can buy a bunch of hugely expensive starter editions on Steam right now. It's just not something you see on consoles very often.

sjay1994

So, is this like a different game that what PC users are getting? Or is it basically "all the content" while the normal game is F2P

This isn't such an uncommon idea really. You can buy a bunch of hugely expensive starter editions on Steam right now. It's just not something you see on consoles very often.

Good way to get retailers involved and sell it to consumers(many of which on console) who don't buy stuff digitally.

I think I remember the saying they want everyone to have access to all characters so it will probably be a bunch of skins and some artwork maybe. My bet is the game will still be f2p.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I hope they at least give the option to dl it for free on PSN/Xbox Live and not force this package on me.

Nista

I honestly hope it's B2P, because maybe they could include some single player storyline content with each of the original characters to introduce them. Total pipe dream I'm sure, but for 60$ it'd be worth it to make it more than just a senseless violence fest like LoL lore background has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom