• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

Scratch

I'll be willing to accept an Akihiko buff if you're actually willing to learn to play the game.

He is though. In my sessions with you it's pretty clear that you dimply don't understand how to play the character. What you're asking for is that he pretty much play completely different than he does in P4A(A rushdown character based on reading the opponent)

2Eysfn5.gif

Soma

C'mon Atlus give me Makoto and you've got yourself another customer.

I don't care what twisted ridiculous excuse you have to come up with to fit him into the plot.

Xenoflare

There's a decent possibility that Index will be bought by a company that doesn't care about their video game IPs.

While I agree that you are right about Altus owning P4A's IP, but I thought Index is going to sell Atlus as a separate entity.

In addition, Atlus USA was found in 1991, Index's initial involvement didn't kill it, I doubt it will be drastically different when someone else become the new holding for Atlus.

Busaiku

Well ASW wanted to do a sequel to FotNS, SBX and BF and got denied on all 3 occasions. This is the utter reverse of that. Bring me Hitler and maybe I start to care some.

None of those were very successful though.
And Fist of the North Star and Sengoku Basara X were completely broken.

Who denied Battle Fantasia?
That's their property.

Sure, but playing him as a rushdown based on reading the opponent when the rest of the cast can derp-mode with their Personas is pointless. That's my point: When he's playing 9/10 Persona users that can basically lock down without having to "read," why make a read character? Might as well change them to be like the rest of the cast.

A "read" character rewards the player for making smart decisions rather than rewarding the player at the character select screen.

Also, what character is "derp" mode with their persona outside Chie and Yu? Aigis doesn't use her persona really outside combos. Teddie does but its nothing akhiko should be worried about. Mitsuru only has 5C and jC that she uses but those are very rare. Also both chie and yu have to hit you with their normal buttons (a/b) before they get to use their "derp" persona. Chie has 5C but its not entirely derpy.

O you mean yukiko, naoto, elizabeth and etc? The ones that NEED their persona? O lets look where they are on the tier list... o shit they are all under akihiko...

well now. I can see why you don't work well with a "read" character.

All the more reason why they needed it. And the head guy of the Sengoku Basara series also wants a SBX2 so I'm not sure why it didn't happen.

Xenoflare

All the games got good to great reviews; P4G was the highest rated videogame released in 2012 with 20 or more reviews. If denying that reality makes you feel better, alright.

Remember that there is a handful of people that wish Atlus game will stay hipster forever. Like, with all that Persona 4 fare, it's really becoming too mainstream for them

Kidding :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously this is the best news since the GGXrd reveal. My life is now complete. So long Chrono Phantasma, I hardly knew ya!

Snakeyes

from MM
Liz Changes:

Garukasu gone,
A autocombo change, AAA throws a card, launches them w/ a tornado on hit,
air bdash travel is shorter?
A.Zio is 1 hit
AA not much recovery?
JB > JA doesn't work?
maybe JB has more recovery?
5C(2) can pass through and whiff if too close/point blank
Can feint R-action
75% * awakening gives A+B Dia & heals ~40%
B.Bufu freeze 2x?
A.Bufu freeze on (1)
D.Garu +startup +recovery
Air j.2B added

Rhapsody

Banned
Now Capcom, make a Fate/Unlimited Codes 2 with even more F/Z characters :[

On topic though, I hope Labrys is better. She's so bad.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Only thing I care about is if their is more story content.

As a HUGE persona fan, and someone who sucks at/doesn't like 90% of 2d fighters, I was super bummed by P4A.

I hated the fighting, and the one new character for P4A was ear gratingly awful. (Not to mention the new chie/teddy voice actors were flaming street trash).

Who denied Battle Fantasia?
That's their property.

ASW wanted to fix both games and got denied. Sega didn't give a shit and after Capcom tried to do something at that one SBO wants nobody to remember it even exists.

And BattleFantasia was denied wonderful folks at SegaSammy.

Atlus like money, news at 11.

No duh's don't qualify as news. This was going to happen because the streets fiend for anything Persona.

Now Capcom, make a Fate/Unlimited Codes 2 with even more F/Z characters :[

On topic though, I hope Labrys is better. She's so bad.

If that can work, I'm gonna wish for Fate/Prototype characters :p

Capcom lost the license, doesn't care to get it back and sent the series to die on PSP.

Anbec7

So are Junpei and Hikari "old" like Akihiko and Mitsuru?

I can´t see the images to well (CURSE YOU EYES OF MIIINEEE XD)

Scratch

so yukari became kamen rider and jumpei's a janitor?

Famitsu said:
Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys don't have "Shadow Mode".

ノーマルモードとシャドウモードでは、キャラクターの見た目がやや異なる(エリザベスとシャドウラビリスに はシャドウモードがない)。シャドウモードは、ちょっと……怖めです!

Mitsuru is easily damn "derp"-y. It doesn't matter if she's throwing Persona attacks out or not.

Mitsuru doesn't throw out persona moves that much outside of combos?

I mean I guess you could use her D moves to annoy people but they had too much recovery to throw out like that.

Mitsuru is easily damn "derp"-y. It doesn't matter if she's throwing Persona attacks out or not.

derp-mode with their Personas is pointless

So its not the personas that get you upset. Its the fact that characters are derpy. Well you can easily just nerf the derpy characters then rather change akihiko completely. He is fine where he is at. Its just the other characters that need adjustment. If anything, they need to change his D to something more universally useful rather than pure situational.

Top Bottom