• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

MunkyGaban

Neo Member
Looks like they can fit in another 2 more characters on the character select screen.

Makoto Yuuki and Nanako Dojima pls.

Akihiko damage was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too high. It made matches super random. I rather they improve his overall game and nerf his damage. It was stupid that I would outplay him then he would risk a gamble get in and I get hit twice and die in like 10 seconds.

Make his neutral game better, tone his damage down.

His damage didn't make any rounds random for me and from the matches I've watched. He either has to work too hard or get a hit in that he shouldn't against a decent opponent. I definitely agree with some kind of damage nerf, but not an excessive one. Sure, j.C CH doing upwards of 5.4k is silly. If you get hit by 5B FC, though, you deserved it. His mixup and oki is too weak for him to not make his hits count.

Xenoflare

Looks like they can fit in another 2 more characters on the character select screen.

Makoto Yuuki and Nanako Dojima pls.

But the story won't make any sense then, even though Arena took Persona 3 characters a trip to ridiculous makeover land, the story needs to hold up.

Unless they make those character just available for matches and exclude them from a story mode.

P3MC's return in a spin off is not really a good idea.

Snakeyes

l_520d8df1e3ca2.jpg

I love how the screen is cracked behind the timer. Looks like P4A2 will surpass the original as the fighting game with the most stylish UI.

Believe me. You won't change his mind. This is the same TheSeks who let people throw Yukiko's 2B at him all day, did nothing to stop it, and proceeded to go complain in the OT about how weak Akihiko was when he didn't even try.

lol nothing's changed since the Blazbllue days, I see

#exposed

jbug617

Banned
Shadow Characters

‏@jiyunaJP Shadow characters don't have a Burst, but they can go into a Super mode(?) that drains meter. They start round with 100 meter. #p4u

More Yukari

@jiyunaJP Yukari has Hawkeye's forward air flip move. Probably can shoot an arrow from it. Haven't seen backwards flip yet. Winner stays on :/ #p4u

Labrys

‏@jiyunaJP Labrys- New move, Persona charges an orb, releases it. If you get hit, stuck in a bubble. She has Testamenr's Gravedigger lol. 3 Cards.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/08/15/new...-3-location-tests-scheduled-for-august-16-18/
Yukari specializes with her bow and wind-type “Garu” skills and excels at speed. Her bow attacks are extremely fast and difficult to avoid on reaction. When one of her arrows hits “Maha Garu”, which remains on screen for a fixed period of time, it becomes a guided missile, giving her a tricky factor. Her bow is great at long range, but she can also rush down in close range with jump attacks and Persona attacks.

Junpei Iori is a power-type character with a variety of attacks with his bat. The bat has long reach, so works best with just a bit of distance between Junpei and the opponent. His unique system is tied into the rules of baseball. When Junpei connects with a bat attack, a runner advances, possibly scoring a run, which gives a buff to certain moves after scoring 10 runs. The improvements to his attacks are substantial, so finding mix-ups and combos to efficiently advance runners is a part of the character’s charm.

Huh, so if a hit scores a run, and a whiff most likely a strike, then getting blocked should give him a ball I imagine? So 40 hits or maybe 160 blocked attacks for the power up. Sounds like Frank West kinda.

i won't lie ... if find all those changes exciting ...but they better know what to do now.

The list of game ps3 region locked doesn't need to increase in size.

shadow versions , new characters , changes all around, new stages yep that looks good.

His damage didn't make any rounds random for me and from the matches I've watched. He either has to work too hard or get a hit in that he shouldn't against a decent opponent. I definitely agree with some kind of damage nerf, but not an excessive one. Sure, j.C CH doing upwards of 5.4k is silly. If you get hit by 5B FC, though, you deserved it. His mixup and oki is too weak for him to not make his hits count.

Yeah and thats my problem. He is to heavy into the risk/reward.

The fact that he needs high damage to warrant his gameplay is telling enough in how bad his gameplan is. Give him more options but tone his damage.

I'm not saying nerf his damage completely. Just make it so he doesn't do like 4-5k. 3k is totally fine. Giving him more options will make him have more depth.

The same needs to be done for labrys. Give her more options and less reliant on getting on red axe. Right now she is so one dimensional that she needs red axe to be viable, which is the problem.

jbug617

Banned
Mitsuru

@jiyunaJP Block Mitsuru's DP and she slows down, EASY punish :)) Ice super comes out fast after flash. New ground Ice wave projectile. #p4u

@jiyunaJP Mitsuru 2B got slower. 2nd hit of her AAA is lower so no more 5A antiair? :)) Blocked DP > Super still in. Mitsuru 4 Cards. #P4U

I love Persona 4 but only played it once. Persona 3 about half way.

What are the characters they could most realistically add to this? Seems like everyone else is a child or a dog or an announcer character.

The same needs to be done for labrys. Give her more options and less reliant on getting on red axe. Right now she is so one dimensional that she needs red axe to be viable, which is the problem.

Well

Labrys- New move, Persona charges an orb, releases it. If you get hit, stuck in a bubble. She has Testamenr’s Gravedigger lol. 3 Cards.

via Jiyuna

RedBoot

I love that all the P3 characters are given bizarre outfits in this series (and making Yukari into a Featherman is amazing).

Speculation on further characters: Since this is a sequel and continues the story from P4A, it wouldn't make much sense for Shadow Labrys to be the boss again. So one of the new characters is likely to be someone who fits as a final boss.

Rhapsody

Banned
Aki needs none of which you're hoping for. I'd go for stronger oki/mixup with some slight damage nerfs in P4A2. If you really think Akihiko isn't viable in P4A, I'll play you right now and change your mind :)

Wait... what? His mixups and oki is so good, especially in corner. It's not anything like Yu 5D, but he gets safe jumps and fast left and rights too.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone go home. Wrap it up. This game is pure win:

Jiyuna said:
Block Mitsuru's DP and she slows down, EASY punish :)) Ice super comes out fast after flash. New ground Ice wave projectile. #p4u

bom-s-tears-of-joy-o.gif

I've been waiting to long for a nerf to that fucking DP.

Top Bottom