• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

Yasumi

Banned
Maybe it has to do with the Great Seal? Which certainly adds precedence to the prediction of P3's protagonist being playable.

Well, we did find out about something that could create an artificial Dark Hour in Mitsuru's story in the first game. Maybe Nyarly got ahold of it, and this is how it affects the TV world.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yukari is pushing it, I hate her

Yukari was the bestest.

mw7cCJm.png

OTP! ;P

Onemic

It's not like the opponent wants to get cornered. Akihiko's midscreen BnBs usually end up with them closer to the corner and him getting a safe jump off of it. Against a really good Akihiko, it's hard to get him off of you unless you're willing to DP through his frame traps too.

Even still, I don't think Akihiko's even that bad midscreen once he has his opponent in a block string. His mixups are still there.

Kanji's is worse imo because of the range.

Aki's problem is in the neutral. Getting in for him with his slow speed, makes him have to work his ass off just to start some pressure going. Nerf his damage a bit and buff him up in the neutral game so it isn't so much of a chore to get in.

Neophoton

Neo Member
I only noticed just now the HUD's the same color as Persona 3's compared to the first Arena which was alike that of P4's. I feel slow.

I hope Naoto gets some much needed buffs, though.

jbug617

Banned
Shadow Labrys/ Shadow Kanji

@jiyunaJP S.Lab DP range shortened? 6 Cards. Her ground Guillotine bounces instead of knockdown. S.Kanji 5C paralyzes. Persona has a shoulder charge.

Shadow Labrys/ Mitsuru

@jiyunaJP S.Lab counter hit DP = no wall bounce! Hahah. Mitsuru standard corner bnb with Air mirror and Super ender....3100 damage. Hahah. #P4U

if yukari is an interesting zoner that does well against yukiko's bad matchups then i'll 2nd her.

Otherwise its yukiko and the derpiest character for me

AMERIKAJIN @jiyunaJP
S.Lab DP range shortened? 6 Cards. Her ground Guillotine bounces instead of knockdown. S.Kanji 5C paralyzes. Persona has a shoulder charge.

I'm not too knowledgeable about S. Lab so I'm sure someone can fill me in, but those changes sound pretty good.

FluxWaveZ

AMERIKAJIN @jiyunaJP
S.Lab DP range shortened? 6 Cards. Her ground Guillotine bounces instead of knockdown. S.Kanji 5C paralyzes. Persona has a shoulder charge.

I'm not too knowledgeable about S. Lab so I'm sure someone can fill me in, but those changes sound pretty good.

I will assure you, DP range of S. Lab shortened + no wall bounce is not good.

6 cards sounds nifty, though. And the fact that she has Chain Knuckle is great.

Rhapsody

Banned
Aki's problem is in the neutral. Getting in for him with his slow speed, makes him have to work his ass off just to start some pressure going. Nerf his damage a bit and buff him up in the neutral game so it isn't so much of a chore to get in.

Cyclone meter helps him get in, imo. Plus in his moveset, he even has armor moves. Watching players like Kubo and Moke, and playing Akihiko players here like Jona, I really think his neutral game isn't all that bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

I honestly feel like it's more of a case like BBCT where everyone is stupidly strong, just the top tiers even way more so. I'm expecting everyone to get toned down (stuff like Yosuke's crazy gliding mobility)

jbug617

Banned
Chie

‏@jiyunaJP Chie can make Meteors come from behind you and push you towards her? 5C range shortened. 2nd hit of AAA is a hook(kick) like Akihiko. #P4U

@jiyunaJP Chie EX lunge fatal counters. Narukami IAD in, she did Slayer style back sway > EX lunge to avoid jB/fatal counter and combo. #P4U

Squire

Banned
Not even salt, just an immense hate for her. Hoo boy was she boring as hell, her social link didn't help. The Answer made it even worse.

Yukari is sort of a stiff - a stick in the mud. Which is why it's so cool she's a Featherman now; they picked the character you'd least expect to do that to.

Sophia

Yukari is sort of a stiff - a stick in the mud. Which is why it's so cool she's a Featherman now; they picked the character you'd least expect to do that to.

It's not entirely out of character actually. Shows like that in Japan are generally aimed at kids, and it's been shown before that Yukari has a soft spot for children.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not even salt, just an immense hate for her. Hoo boy was she boring as hell, her social link didn't help. The Answer made it even worse.

Totally opposite for me and several others. Yukari and Junpei are the best chars from P3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Shadow Kanji is there now?

Top Bottom