• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

Watashiwa

I love Persona 4 but only played it once. Persona 3 about half way.

What are the characters they could most realistically add to this? Seems like everyone else is a child or a dog or an announcer character.

It's been three years since P3; Ken's the same age as Kanji/Naoto/Rise.

And please, they're going to have to invent a new tier for Koro-chan he's so badass. Man's best friend INDEED.

They're out of major protagonists, right? It'd be really awesome if they got other SMT characters like Strange Journey armor dude, Raidou, Jack Frost, Nocturne dude, SMT4 guy...

Chavelo

??? > green robo > dokupo (??) > red robo > poison curry > bomb > C3PO looking thing > oil drum > car (what?!) > firecracker > dry ice > (c)

teddie new item list

Hm, glad I didn't buy Arena 1?

why would you be glad on missing out on a great game? you have a juri avatar, so that sounds pretty silly considering that SSF4 -> AE and the Ultra is coming out. :p

Scratch

what is the LK special? is that mitsuru dp into super?

Jiyuna said:
LK Special still works. Haven't seen Yosuke successfully glide yet :) I know it's new version/old combos, but damage seems lower. #P4U

for reference

KQZ0Xwn.jpg

What the fuck?

http://mayonaka-arena.tumblr.com/post/58392643925/the-two-new-characters-both-have-styles-and

Huh, so if a hit scores a run, and a whiff most likely a strike, then getting blocked should give him a ball I imagine? So 40 hits or maybe 160 blocked attacks for the power up. Sounds like Frank West kinda.

This was taken directly from our article with no source.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/08/15/new-version-persona-4-arena-to-include-yukari-takeba-and-junpei-iori-from-persona-3-location-tests-scheduled-for-august-16-18/

They're out of major protagonists, right? It'd be really awesome if they got other SMT characters like Strange Journey armor dude, Raidou, Jack Frost, Nocturne dude, SMT4 guy...

Not even close.

Koro, Shinjiro, P3 MC, P3 FeMC, Ken, Adachi, Dojima, Nanako...

Then you could also have characters from P1 or P2, but they would probably be better suited to Blazblue.

Infinite

ほーちゃん(HC) ‏@hc0519 18s
seems like everybody's DP whiff will get fatal punish for any move (2A fataled against Chie DP whiff) #P4A

Yes.

SerRodrik

Oh wow, this isn't what I expected to come home to see. It's not Persona 5, but I'll take it! Some of those changes sound crazy.

Space Marine and Raidou would be so hype. I have a feeling the final two will be Ken and Koromaru though.

Hm, glad I didn't buy Arena 1?
Why? It's a great game and when the new one comes out you'll have to completely learn the game while previous players will just have to adjust to changes.

Not even close.

Koro, Shinjiro, P3 MC, P3 FeMC, Ken, Adachi, Dojima, Nanako...

Then you could also have characters from P1 or P2, but they would probably be better suited to Blazblue.

Those are who I want at the moment, but if they can do some sort of creative playstyle like what they're doing with Junpei (at least with what I can tell so far) I'll be happy.

Foffy

Banned
why would you be glad on missing out on a great game? you have a juri avatar, so that sounds pretty silly considering that SSF4 -> AE and the Ultra is coming out. :p

I avoided the first game specifically because of the region locking. I hope the sequel does not follow suit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wait... what? His mixups and oki is so good, especially in corner. It's not anything like Yu 5D, but he gets safe jumps and fast left and rights too.

Anyone who's ever played an Akihiko knows to dodge corners like the plague.

And its possible too. You can chase people, but you really can't 'pin' them with Akihiko. Wake ups are just too versatile and there isn't much you can do aside from bait them or wait them out - and give up your advantage most of the time. Its a hard advantage to get too.

Oh, changed the link to yours in that case.

ほーちゃん(HC) ‏@hc0519 18s
seems like everybody's DP whiff will get fatal punish for any move (2A fataled against Chie DP whiff) #P4A

Yes.

...Welp, not like I needed to live after failing Yosuke's counter DP.

Busaiku

His AoA wasn't that bad. It was good for setups and could cross up.

Pretty sure it was the slowest, and it's just so freaking obvious from the animation, and of course, his only overhead.
I always forget it crosses up, because it's so easy to get hit out of.

cjkeats

FeMC isn't canon, Adachi isn't really in the position to be canon fighting, and the latter two..well...

Canon, shamon, femMC is the real MC.
Arc wanted to but Dojima and Nanako in there as Dan like characters, Nanako being the Persona for Dojima, but they weren't allowed. lol

jbug617

Banned
Misc info

@jiyunaJP The Shadow "Awakening" mode lets them spam supers on a timer!? What? S.Chie has a freeze. Narukami 214B knocks down!? No combo!? #P4U

Haven't confirmed but people are saying the Shadows have different moves than original characters.

Rhapsody

Banned
Anyone who's ever played an Akihiko knows to dodge corners like the plague.

And its possible too. You can chase people, but you really can't 'pin' them with Akihiko. Wake ups are just too versatile and there isn't much you can do aside from bait them or wait them out - and give up your advantage most of the time. Its a hard advantage to get too.

It's not like the opponent wants to get cornered. Akihiko's midscreen BnBs usually end up with them closer to the corner and him getting a safe jump off of it. Against a really good Akihiko, it's hard to get him off of you unless you're willing to DP through his frame traps too.

Even still, I don't think Akihiko's even that bad midscreen once he has his opponent in a block string. His mixups are still there.
Pretty sure it was the slowest, and it's just so freaking obvious from the animation, and of course, his only overhead.
I always forget it crosses up, because it's so easy to get hit out of.
Kanji's is worse imo because of the range.

Top Bottom