• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

His roleclaim is too earnest, and it's not worth pressing him to reveal what he has up his sleeve. I rather see it play out. Plus, I'm not going to go all in on a claimed doctor without evidence to back it up.

Too earnest? Let's recap:

timetokill is still alive btw because of me

I'll roleclaim Town Doctor because of this bit of insipid logic

I'm out of shots for now

Town Doctor and my win conditions are the same as Town's

that's all you should know

I protected ttk for randomness sake

what the fuck

why would you do that, ever

WHAT IS WITH THIS GAME AND PEOPLE CLAIMING UNNECESSARILY

Nomadic, just make sure you relay the proper information to town in case anything happens to you, somehow..

uh, how exactly is he gonna do that if you just say OKAY, COOL:

Let the man play his role...

But then this...
I want to call SkyOdin on his bullshit so hard, but I can't risk it at this point. If he wasn't lying, that could really fuck us if he's really the princess

Sky wasn't earnest, but Nomadic Sparks is?!

There were two kills last night. How do we know ttk was even a target? Why would ttk have been targeted in the first place? Unless NS is not really actually a doctor but something else and protection was part of another power.

Regardless, no, I don't believe Nomadic Sparks and I don't believe timetokill was targeted, not with the lack of information at hand, and I damn sure don't believe NS is more earnest than SkyOdin.

Too earnest? Let's recap:

uh, how exactly is he gonna do that if you just say OKAY, COOL:

But then this...

Sky wasn't earnest, but Nomadic Sparks is?!

There were two kills last night. How do we know ttk was even a target? Why would ttk have been targeted in the first place? Unless NS is not really actually a doctor but something else and protection was part of another power.

Regardless, no, I don't believe Nomadic Sparks and I don't believe timetokill was targeted, not with the lack of information at hand, and I damn sure don't believe NS is more earnest than SkyOdin.

To be frank, yeah. NS sounds like he's bumbling about and doesn't know what to say. SkyOdin was a calculated reaction to your claim.

Monkey, I just want to point out, because I don't believe Sky's claim doesn't mean I don't believe yours. I'm saying he has a false read role.

However, I am feeling like this is less likely considering the huge powers the scum have demonstrated so far.

I don't think Sky was a calculated response to my claim. He said he was glad I did because it would give credence. Granted, he could be lying. But regardless of claims - and maybe actually because of that claim - I trust SkyOdin's analysis so far than I trust a hell of a lot of people in this game right now and that means more to me than all the role claims or confirmations, especially in this weird ass game. I mean, I don't trust Lifeline at all for instance and ten repetitions that he's town ain't changing that.

I don't think Sky was a calculated response to my claim. He said he was glad I did because it would give credence. Granted, he could be lying. But regardless of claims - and maybe actually because of that claim - I trust SkyOdin's analysis so far than I trust a hell of a lot of people in this game right now and that means more to me than all the role claims or confirmations, especially in this weird ass game. I mean, I don't trust Lifeline at all for instance and ten repetitions that he's town ain't changing that.

Haha well, that's fair. I trust your judgement a fair deal, as well. I'm comfortable backing off of Sly for now, but I need to reexamine the players leftover at this point...

acohrs

actually launch raises a great point, why did scum not lynch skyOdin despite their roleclaim which made it seem like they were a dead cert for lynch to make today a bad day for town??

Dr. Worm

Banned
actually launch raises a great point, why did scum not lynch skyOdin despite their roleclaim which made it seem like they were a dead cert for lynch to make today a bad day for town??

keeping him alive if he's telling the truth means we can continue to distrust him and lynch him ourselves, and killing him means not killing a useful PR for town

acohrs

3 voted for skyodin yesterday, blarg, nomadic and isaac, with only isaac keeping his vote at dayend.

Wouldn't mind an Isaac lynch today, think I might prefer one over blacbuzzard, feels like it would give us more data

3 voted for skyodin yesterday, blarg, nomadic and isaac, with only isaac keeping his vote at dayend.

Wouldn't mind an Isaac lynch today, think I might prefer one over blacbuzzard, feels like it would give us more data

What data would a guy with super low activity give us?

Dr. Worm

Banned
DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

acohrs (6)
hey_monkey 910 1886
SkyOdin 1056
Natiko 1225 1943
Blargonaut 1226 1245
Swamped 1264 1651
StanleyPalmtree 1598
Blargonaut 1700 1749
Lifeline 1706 2154
BlackBuzzard 2038
Verelios 2086
Blargonaut 2091
Natiko 2094 2156
hey_monkey 2097
Palmer_v1 2115 2138

looking at this list, we know Blargonaut and Swamped both flipped scum

Natiko flipped town, Verelios didn't flip

Lifeline is town, hey_monkey is most likely town, SkyOdin slightly less so but still likely

that leaves StanleyPalmtree and BlackBuzzard (and Palmer_v1 I guess, who was the last to vote and quickly rescinded)

ok, two observations:

1) Burb probably got killed because of something he said or didn't say. If I were Burb, I would probably be yelling at the screen right now because no one has gone to look back at my posts. I'm going to start doing that
also pls do that for me if I die ;_;

The night Blarg died

2) hold on, you're saying you protected TTK last night, but two people still died?

Dr. Worm

Banned
DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Swamped (8)
LaunchpadMcQ 650 1670
Lifeline 657 748
isaacnukem 851 855
isaacnukem 855
Lifeline 911 1134
Darryl 1143
Lifeline 1144 1318
Blargonaut 1583 1700
acohrs 1600
Dr. Worm 1637
Palmer_v1 1667 1875
LaunchpadMcQ 1824 1948
Palmer_v1 2108 2115
LaunchpadMcQ 2109
Burbeting 2110
Palmer_v1 2138
Natiko 2156

DAY 3 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (8)
hey_monkey 2175 2581
Burbeting 2178
Palmer_v1 2180
LaunchpadMcQ 2183 2291
SkyOdin 2276
acohrs 2407 2615
Nomadic Sparks 2408 2723
isaacnukem 2434 2596
Dr. Worm 2504 2509
Lifeline 2666 2721
hey_monkey 2704
Dr. Worm 2712
Darryl 2793
Lifeline 2841 2883
LaunchpadMcQ 2924
BlackBuzzard 3152

if scum is bussing, it would probably be one of myself, Darryl, LaunchpadMcQ, or Palmer_v1

isaacnukem, why did you decide to back up Blargonaut yesterday?

Why Palmer

1. Save by Swamped on D1
2. Blargonaut seems to have taken a shine on him(could go both ways, maybe painting him as town or scum)
3. Coaster
4. Rubbed a few too many elbows

Even if he's town, it's a win-win-win-win!

if scum is bussing, it would probably be one of myself, Darryl, LaunchpadMcQ, or Palmer_v1

isaacnukem, why did you decide to back up Blargonaut yesterday?
I got swept away by his charms. Also, the pre-typed thing made so much sense. SkyOdin flipping would reveal a lot about hey_monkey, Blargonaut and SkyOdin. Like for one...

@hey_monkey, why were you hesitant on calling out Blargonaut as scum? You made at least me believe he's a rogue, like your role flavor doesn't indicate when you definitely get a scum or not. I'll try to pull up your post.

ok, two observations:

1) Burb probably got killed because of something he said or didn't say. If I were Burb, I would probably be yelling at the screen right now because no one has gone to look back at my posts. I'm going to start doing that
also pls do that for me if I die ;_;

2) hold on, you're saying you protected TTK last night, but two people still died?

YES, so I doubt ttk was targeted.

I'd guess Burb was targeted for coming off as mega town over Blarg. Is it possible Verelios was his target? Palmer and Burb were agreeing on many things and Palmer was sus on Verelios. But I dunno if the mechanics work that way? But if so my guess then is that the janitor thing was automatic?

I'm scrabbling because I don't know how this stuff works.

I was planning on keeping that fact to myself, at least for a while longer, but Dr. Worm asked me directly about the triggering condition. I am bad at lying in the first place, and I wanted to establish trust with town, so I answered honestly.
Yeah, that didn't really help didn't it.

I got swept away by his charms. Also, the pre-typed thing made so much sense. SkyOdin flipping would reveal a lot about hey_monkey, Blargonaut and SkyOdin. Like for one...

@hey_monkey, why were you hesitant on calling out Blargonaut as scum? You made at least me believe he's a rogue, like your role flavor doesn't indicate when you definitely get a scum or not. I'll try to pull up your post.

To your other post- Blarg tried to get Palmer lynched. Makes me feel better on Palmer.

As for me, my check only said not town. Neutral seemed not without possible. Blarg played that quite well. But he killed town so.

Why Palmer

1. Save by Swamped on D1
2. Blargonaut seems to have taken a shine on him(could go both ways, maybe painting him as town or scum)
3. Coaster
4. Rubbed a few too many elbows

Even if he's town, it's a win-win-win-win!

1. I'll grant you that one but...
2. we don't know that
3. He's not coasting, at all
4. yes, but that adds to his towniness

YES, so I doubt ttk was targeted.

I'd guess Burb was targeted for coming off as mega town over Blarg. Is it possible Verelios was his target? Palmer and Burb were agreeing on many things and Palmer was sus on Verelios. But I dunno if the mechanics work that way? But if so my guess then is that the janitor thing was automatic?

I'm scrabbling because I don't know how this stuff works.

I don't think Burb killed Verelios. If he did and this power activated because ???, it's not something we can nail down and it's just speculation at this point. It doesn't seem likely, though.

IF, however, scum was somehow able to find out Verelios' role and found out he was the doctor, then got the janitor to kill him... then Nomadic could claim he's the doctor. That's a stretch, but it's possible, right? We still have no evidence TTK was protected, ever, though.

To your other post- Blarg tried to get Palmer lynched. Makes me feel better on Palmer.

As for me, my check only said not town. Neutral seemed not without possible. Blarg played that quite well. But he killed town so.
Tried and succeeded are two different things, I tried to get Blargonaut hammered but I removed my vote too, you know. I was 7th or 8th at that time with a majority of 9. But I won't be using that as a plus on my towniness.

I think Swamped still saved Palmer's hide and that supersedes everything that has ever happened in the game. Blarg's quite unpredictable, I've now learned, but I think some things stay the same. And I think Palmer is scum.

SkyOdin

I really wish we had been able to see Verelios' flip, since there are a bunch of unanswered questions about what happened during the Night phase.

To start with, it is obvious that Burbeting used his day kill to off Dragonz during Day 2, but did he use his night kill yet? Did Burbeting use it last night or earlier? I can't imagine that he has sat on it this long, since everyone else has been burning up their X-shot abilities. Did Burbeting shoot Verelios last night? If so, what blocked Verelios' role flip?

Oh right.

Palmer #5
5. Claimed Vanilla. WAMD is the sole vanilla in the game. This is now what I believe with how Sophia words the OP of those who already passed away.

SkyOdin

Yes we do. Look at Blargonaut's last posts, saying he wouldn't kill Palmer even if he hates him so much. But I guess this is nothing. Probably.
Blarg was lying his ass off throughout Day 3 by claiming to be neutral. It was a good play for scum, since he threatened to wiggle out of a lynch for at least one more day, but nothing he said can be trusted.

Blarg was lying his ass off throughout Day 3 by claiming to be neutral. It was a good play for scum, since he threatened to wiggle out of a lynch for at least one more day, but nothing he said can be trusted.
So you're saying I should forget Blarg ever existed for my own sanity? Because I can probably roll with that.

I think Blarg and Swamped both wanted to put shade on Palmer. Blarg with saying he wouldn't kill after trying to kill him day before and Swamped by SAYING she wanted to save him. Would she be that open for a SO-called vanilla with no reason if he was secret scum?

I think Blarg and Swamped both wanted to put shade on Palmer. Blarg with saying he wouldn't kill after trying to kill him day before and Swamped by SAYING she wanted to save him. Would she be that open for a SO-called vanilla with no reason if he was secret scum?
Right, Swamped would do that because? It got him lynched. Whatever they're after from Palmer should definitely be something so much more important than not getting lynched. Because what Swamped did is something anyone shouldn't do on day 1.

SkyOdin

The Vanilla Townie. I may not be from the land of toast and bread but I think it's clear what that implies. Couple with the role madness thing.
If that is the case, then Palmer, acohrs, and Black Buzzard would all be scum (or at the very least filthy liars). I have been suspicious of all three to various degrees for a long time now, but I am also worried about chasing down too many false leads. If you were to pick one of the three as the most suspicious (and thus a lynch target), which would it be, and why?

For the record, I don't think Sophia would give us information in the first post that wasn't directly stated in a role PM. So I don't think we can take it as certain that Dragonz was the only vanilla. I doubt we have more than two or three max, though.

Top Bottom