• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 imagined in different colors

jwk94

Sep 1, 2012
Speaking of the console, did anyone else notice that it was leaked the morning of the conference?

Dec 11, 2010
Bay Area
plus.google.com
1. White
2. Darker Purple
3. Different Gold

I remember "console skins" being a real big deal at the start of the 360's life, same to a lesser degree with the PS3, and then less than 2 years later no one seemed to care anymore.

Edit:

Speaking of the console, did anyone else notice that it was leaked the morning of the conference?
Where?

-SD-

Banned
Aug 7, 2005
The silver one is even better than the white one...

...or, is it? I can't decide. OK, it's a tie :D

Orayn

Jul 4, 2010
Minnesota
Someone needs to do a better job of 'shopping these to preserve the matte look of the plastic... The red, blue, silver, and first gold look like a special edition shiny-chrome-plastic action figure.

That said, I really like the look of white. I'd also like to see this in some dark silver/gunmetal/alloy type of color.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Mar 14, 2010
I'm not a fan of white, especially glossy white which just makes things look cheap, but that white and silver PS4 are pretty damn sexy.

katsubento

Apr 14, 2010
Hawaii
us.playstation.com
The white is superb. Make it pearl white Sony, like the PSP Go and I'll buy a second PS4...

Wonder if skins on this thing will look alight. It's not curved like the PS3, and it all looks like simple flat surfaces. Maybe a pearl white skin might do the job.

Saitama

Feb 21, 2013
I would love to have the white one but it'll get dirty :(. The grey one is amazing as well.

ReDelicious

Mar 19, 2013
White definitely needs to happen, and maybe silver. Most of the others make better controller colors than console imo.