• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

Perrott

Gold Member
1FKHw9V.gif

DryvBy

I don't understand what you mean. As opposed to disc games not working with the disc version of the console?

All games are impossible. You can't guarantee 100% compatibility unless hardware based BC is used. Sony & MS ave the same stance:

From the system level, it will likely work the same as PS4 Pro's boost mode. Variable resolution and target frame rate will be higher. SSD will likely speed up load times as well. Any other upgrades will depend on the dev.

Weird. I didn't know Xbox was giving the same messaging.

FunkMiller

Maybe some. I'm still not expecting megatons like others are (FF16, Silent Hills etc.) but I'm happy to be surprised later. Just tempering expectations, this thing is primarily "here's the price, here's when it's out, pre-order it please".

I‘m an old fart (Though not as old as sircaw sircaw - he’s like... ancient) and I have to spend most of my time being sensible and mature because I have a job and responsibilities, and all that shit... so when it comes to stuff like this, I allow myself to get hyped up like a kid, because why the fuck not, eh? You only live once!

HYYYYYYYPE!

Do we think there is any chance of some big launch title that has been kept under wraps until today? Not sure what it would even but I hate how everything is leaked months beforehand these days.

FunkMiller

Do we think there is any chance of some big launch title that has been kept under wraps until today? Not sure what it would even but I hate how everything is leaked months beforehand these days.

Not Launch. But good chance something new is going to be announced for the next year, I’d say.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Silent Hill is the game you are asking about. I think there's a 40% chance we see it.

decisions

Am I the only person who is doubtful they will announce price and date at this thing? I mean maybe they should, but its only 40 mins. and they only mention updates on the games themselves specifically.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Am I the only person who is doubtful they will announce price and date at this thing? I mean maybe they should, but its only 40 mins. and they only mention updates on the games themselves specifically.

I will be very shocked if we see no price and date. I think they know they can not wait any longer. It’s happening tonight.

Gamerguy84

Just loaded up YT on my PS4PRObto get my spot and they offered me the the PSVR version.

I picked regular because my daughter is watchIng with me.

Top Bottom