• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO2 PS4 Beta Details, Service Start Date Announced (Japan only)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Still at the office. Hopefully I can get out of the office to play a decent amount.

Gattsu25

Banned
My patch cant be updated or something then i guess, no way is more than a third of it translated, even in episode 1. Some is, some isnt. Ill check my patches again.
No, you have the latest. A huge swath of the episode 1 content has not been translated including, like, half of the tutorials.

BioFan

Oh wow...niceee.

I'm getting a PS4 as soon as either PSO2/Shenmue 3/Yakuza 0 is localized.

My top 3 fav franchises are coming to PS4. Geez PS4 is awesome.

Synth

Oh wow...niceee.

I'm getting a PS4 as soon as either PSO2/Shenmue 3/Yakuza 0 is localized.

My top 3 fav franchises are coming to PS4. Geez PS4 is awesome.

Jesus Christ... Shenmue 3 happened before a PSO2 localization... I hadn't thought of it like that before...

And Yakuza 0 actually seems infinitely more likely to happen at this point too....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As for the impressions from the PS4 Beta:
- The filtering they use makes the game very bright, but you can used to it. Looks nowhere as bad as in those screenshots floating around.
- Loading detailed characters's models when many people are around takes longer than on PC with SSD
- I've noticed screen tearing from time to time
- Performance wasn't amazing during quests when it was raining

Aside from that, it's just PSO2. I suggest using a wireless keyboard with PS4, since the in-game chat used with DS4 isn't that great.

It seems to be a solid port, but when the actual games come out, I think I'll keep playing it on my PC unless I feel like streaming.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Today's test is starting in 3 hours (and 16 minutes).

I hope I can get those 7 levels left until 30 and not touch the beta again :p

As for the impressions from the PS4 Beta:
- The filtering they use makes the game very bright, but you can used to it. Looks nowhere as bad as in those screenshots floating around.
- Loading detailed characters's models when many people are around takes longer than on PC with SSD
- I've noticed screen tearing from time to time
- Performance wasn't amazing during quests when it was raining

Aside from that, it's just PSO2. I suggest using a wireless keyboard with PS4, since the in-game chat used with DS4 isn't that great.

It seems to be a solid port, but when the actual games come out, I think I'll keep playing it on my PC unless I feel like streaming.
You could see my struggle with typing in the first session. I don't own a wireless keyboard but I'll have to see if plugging in a wired one works.

My only complaint so far is the size of the interface; it is much smaller in proportion to everything compared to my usual 720p window on PC (which I stick to mainly because I feel it suits the UI best but also because I still use an HD6870). There is evidently an option to scale it up, but it won't scale up all the way to the size I'm used to.

Streaming from PC is sort of trivial though, and on many somewhat modern PCs the encoding duties can even be handled by the normally unused integrated graphics processor (though I haven't switched my streaming setup to use this). These days I'm just constantly streaming mainly to have a way to immediately share a video if something interesting happens.

I also need to try Vita remote play before beta is done.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So just started the beta and I keep getting error 686 and cannot figure out for the life of me what it means.
Having a screenshot or at least an explanation when does the error happen would make helping you much easier.

Here's the archived video of my second day of the beta - link.
It was fun, but I'm glad I'm done with the test.

Streaming for a little bit: http://hitbox.tv/starcreator

EDIT: Done, recording here: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/921584

Still not quite done with the beta yet. 9 levels to go.

zifG6Be.png

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God dammit, the times were ridiculous today. What person in Japan isn't working during those hours?

Now I have to wait for 2 more days to play.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
W..where the people with extra codes @ ;_;

e: Unless these codes are account locked. Thanks anyway Hasemo ~

Wrapped up beta participation on my end much later than I thought. Work was crazy this week, so I didn't really get a chance to play until the weekend. Final gameplay clock is at 5 hours, 45 minutes - a not insignificant amount of that time spent watching concerts and doing things other than leveling, so it could have been done much faster. I'm really going to miss this character, I think :x

Final stream recordings:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/926703
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/926833

Top Bottom