• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psycho glues a dozen razor blades onto playground equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SUhhCYc.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...und-equipment-illinois-park-article-1.1734111

A dozen razor blades were found glued to playground equipment an Illinois city park after a 2-year-old boy sliced his finger, authorities said.

The child was cut while playing in Millennium Park in East Moline — located about 150 miles west of Chicago — on Monday afternoon, police said.

The father, who was with the child in the park, treated the boy’s wound at home.

Police later found 12 razor blades glued to the playground equipment, but didn’t find any more during a search of the city’s other 14 parks, police said.

East Moline Police Lt. Brian Foltz told WGN-TV that investigators were not sure how long the razor blades had been planted in the playground.

No arrests were immediately made.

Ridli

Holy crap. I saw this photo earlier and I thought it was a joke. I didn't realize someone would actually do that.

What's wrong with someone like that?

God dammit. Is that a little boys hand covered in blood? If that were my son I would completely lose my shit. Just thinking about someone deliberately hurting him makes me want to scream. Poor little kid.

Chavelo

Why the fuck would you take a picture of your child's bleeding hand?

"SHUT UP, TIMMY. I NEED TO POST THIS ON FACEBOOK BECAUSE I'M OUTRAGED. I'LL TRY TO BANDAGE IT UP ONCE WE'RE DONE."

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

"SHUT UP, TIMMY. I NEED TO POST THIS ON FACEBOOK BECAUSE I'M OUTRAGED. I'LL TRY TO BANDAGE IT UP ONCE WE'RE DONE."

Proof?

Thankfully it does not appear to be a serious cut, so the father was not freaking out.

pa22word

There's this thing in a court of law that's called "evidence". Don't know if you've ever heard of the term...

If I was injured as the result of a crime, I would be taking pictures of my fresh wounds as well.

Why wouldn't you if you want to display to people what happened and how you discovered the razors? Next time make more sense if you're looking to be outraged.

Chavelo

There's this thing in a court of law that's called "evidence". Don't know if you've ever heard of the term...

There's a thing called "Police Report". Or "Hospital Bill/Report". Or "Pic of child's bandaged hand or after surgery".

Shit, that PROBABLY doesn't count as evidence, tho. Cause I never heard of the term. :(

"STOP CRYING, TIMMY, GODDAMN IT! Just... hold still."

Finaika

Are you upset because of the Oculus Rift news?

FluxWaveZ

There's a thing called "Police Report". Or "Hospital Bill/Report". Or "Pic of child's bandaged hand or after surgery".

Shit, that PROBABLY doesn't count as evidence, tho. Cause I never heard of the term. :(

How long do you think it takes to take a picture?

have you taken a picture of a toddler's hand? it takes two seconds. and it seems like a good idea considering you know, the razor cuts all over his hands.

Haha, no. I'm not upset, I'm just WTF'ing at the pic.

I dunno, I just think that the first thing I would do is to try to take care of my child's cut right away. :/
with what? the gauze and bandaids in your pocket?

Hatchtag

Banned

It doesn't even look like it's currently bleeding in the picture. Pretty sure it was just took as evidence.

Anyways, I live in the area (Quad Cities), and yeah. Pretty fucked up right there.

The worst one though is this:
0FEtOXa.jpg

No, that's not bird poop. That's the putty they used to glue the razer blades to the equipment. There was a razor blade there. Someone was trying to slice a kid, coming down the slide, in the balls.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
No, that's not bird poop. That's the putty they used to glue the razer blades to the equipment. There was a razor blade there. Someone was trying to slice a kid, coming down the slide, in the balls.

What the fuck is wrong with a person to do this to a kid?

Nephtis

What is the likelyhood of finding the sick fuck responsible for it?

Also, it's things like this that makes installing security cameras in all public areas seem like a good idea...

It doesn't even look like it's currently bleeding in the picture. Pretty sure it was just took as evidence.

Anyways, I live in the area (Quad Cities), and yeah. Pretty fucked up right there.

The worst one though is this:

That is incredibly creepy.

Hatchtag

Banned
What is the likelyhood of finding the sick fuck responsible for it?

Also, it's things like this that makes installing security cameras in all public areas seem like a good idea...

On one hand, there's no security cameras, if done at night, there'd likely be no witnesses, and a smart criminal could likely place them without a trace.
On the other hand, there's not a single smart criminal in the Quad Cities.

Persona7

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with assholes. I remember my mom telling me about some person doing something similar in the 80s locally with gas pump handles.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
How fucked up of a life -- abuse of every kind imaginable, poverty, neglect, chemical/psychological imbalances -- must one have where trying to hurt children is an option?

The person that did this needs some serious fucking help.

Is there a reason that you're automatically assumng that the dad is being a douchebag and hysterically yelling at his kid? Because I find it really weird for you to assume that's how it went down

Teptom

I'm glad no kid got seriously hurt.

The slide picture makes me cringe. When I was kid, I always went straight for the slide.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Is there a reason that you're automatically assumng that the dad is being a douchebag and hysterically yelling at his kid? Because I find it really weird for you to assume that's how it went down

There is something psychotic itself when one's reaction is to blame the victim. Like, "that's your take? Fuck the dad? That's what you're gonna go with?" I hope mister capslock above gets some help too. good lord.

whitehawk

Banned
Reminds me of something that happened in Toronto about a decade ago. Some sick guy stuck nails threw some pieces of wood and hit them under sand at the beach, right at the volleyball courts. Thankfully no-one was injured seriously as far as I remember, and they did a full search to get rid of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom