• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Punishment Punch Girl: New female protagonist has you beat up freaks!

JordanN

Banned
Why am I posting this? Because the whole thing reminds me of those quirky Japanese IP's which warms my heart. And the art reminds me of Mega Man.

Here's the plot:
Siliconera said:
So maybe you don’t like MANLY MEN. We get that. We really do. Not everyone can take the manliness of Baron Dino. Maybe what you really want is something softer. Something cutesy and lovable… like a superheroine who beats up perverts. Enter Punishment Punch Girl, a crazy smartphone game which challenges players to beat the stuffing out of perverts.

Because in the year 20XX, Japan has been overrun with these crazed men who want nothing more than to be beaten up by the masked high school girl “Momiji” and administered “justice”. Yes, that includes that weirdo over there in the pink schoolgirl swimsuit and randoseru – which should be noted is something only elementary school kids wear… Ick.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/27/punched-pervert-today/

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89QyYKOp6kg

Screens/Art:
iHDEBgWUwCclN.jpg

ibkTM8HIG10276.jpg

it5snIWqnFaxd.png

ibgeFCXyIirl4U.png

*Nabbed the last two from the official site.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The West continues to slowly make gains on the large mountain of inclusiveness in videogames. More often is consideration being given to how females and minorities are portrayed in games. Greater care is taken to not marginalize certain demographics. We're seeing more intricate emotional storylines in proportion to how much more popular games are becoming and their rising prominence as a legitimate storytelling device.

Mountain-Ascent.jpg

Meanwhile, in Japan:

tumblr_m3gvaaj9U61rt4lnro1_250.gif

Riposte

The West continues to slowly make gains on the large mountain of inclusiveness in videogames. More often is consideration being given to how females and minorities are portrayed in games. Greater care is taken to not marginalize certain demographics. We're seeing more intricate emotional storylines in proportion to how much more popular games are becoming and their rising prominence as a legitimate storytelling device.

Mountain-Ascent.jpg

Meanwhile, in Japan:

This post just convinces me Japan is doing something right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So what you're saying is that only Japan remembers that fun things are fun.

sakipon

What's the point of punishing them if they like it?

I like a lot of unique Japanese stuff, but I think this is too much...

Silky

Banned

Mountain-Ascent.jpg

Meanwhile, in Japan:

Japan doesn't give a metric fuck, and that's okay with me.

Top Bottom