• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy shit I literally don't understand that sentence in their mod note. I legit have no idea what the first part is on about.

Imagine the bewildered look on that posters face reading that ban message lol.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
was trying to give them some leeway but i was being too generous.
Wow that's a stupid one. You may think of it what you want, what this user said obviously is the reason: If a large enough amount of customers wanted that, they'd include it. I mean, the user did not even say that he thinks it is good this way, just answering the original question with what I think is the factually correct answer.

Kacho

So uh...anyone see Beef getting dogpiled for his not voting comment in the Obama thread?

I'm sorry Obama, I truly am, but I'm content with never voting again after how badly this country has turned out.​
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...ersity-of-illinois.67093/page-7#post-12370828

Another mod just stepped in to quell the flames.

Moderators are people too, and the pressures of politics can eventually wear a person down. There are plenty of instances of news that have come out that every once in a while make me think things are hopeless and won't get better. While eventually those feelings subside, it doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect on a person's psyche.

While I don't agree with Beef's personal feelings that he doesn't want to vote, I can understand from an emotional perspective why he may feel that way.

So, if you all could calm down a bit, that would be appreciated. If you want to disagree with him or try to convince him otherwise, then fine. But we'd like to see the thread return to discussing the original topic instead of this derail.

First there was the community push back on the mods for their stance on not being able to call jews nazis.

Then there was the whole forum reorg this past week and the community pushed back on the mods agenda and handling of the situation.

Now they're melting down about moderator Beefs comment.

Feels like its on the cusp of a total collapse. Awesome community you got their, brehs.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
So uh...anyone see Beef getting dogpiled for his not voting comment in the Obama thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...ersity-of-illinois.67093/page-7#post-12370828

First there was the community push back on the mods for their stance on not being able to call jews nazis.

Then there was the whole forum reorg this past week and the community pushed back on the mods agenda and handling of the situation.

Feels like its on the cusp of a total collapse. Awesome community you got their, brehs.
Beef should ask Shinobi for some solid advice on how to deal with mob herds that dislike non-voters. :messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_poop:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

No other place wants them so it won’t collapse. They are stuck bitching at each other until the end of time.

Thats a crazy dogpile. Judging by those comments it seems that Resetera mods should have to provide evidence they voted for Hillary or lose their modship.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
And staff member 2 joins on the dogpile. Is this some weird sense of protection, or being silently sarcastic, or is their some running pattern in staff members not voting in the US? - https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...rsity-of-illinois.67093/page-13#post-12373724
YIKES said:
tbh I mostly didn't vote because of the area I'm in and I always assumed everything was in the bag, 2016 was hella demoralizing cause that was the first L I had to hold

I registered to vote for the first time this year because of how all the special elections are turning out tho, so I've turned the corner on that one
:lollipop_thescream::goog_unsure::unsure::pie_thinking:

Blam

And staff member 2 joins on the dogpile. Is this some weird sense of protection, or being silently sarcastic, or is their some running pattern in staff members not voting in the US? - https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...rsity-of-illinois.67093/page-13#post-12373724

:lollipop_thescream::goog_unsure::unsure::pie_thinking:
Holy shit that last page. Honestly people need to chill the fuck out. If someones vote isn't at all going to make a difference.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12375586/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12375644/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12376718/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12376795/

Now which one of you did this, lol can't let them figure out they are a hive mind, and on cue the guy asking for his ban.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12377292/

Last edited:

Christopher

It’s someone’s right not to vote ...so you can kneel for the flag and that’s cool and your PROTESTIN but if you don’t want to vote your evil!

Blam

It’s someone’s right not to vote ...so you can kneel for the flag and that’s cool and your PROTESTIN but if you don’t want to vote your evil!
(thoughts going through their head)

I won't actually do anything to fix the problems I'm okay with making new ones tho.

Green Saber

Another day another thread filled with crazy people at the other place, they really need to chill out, it must of really hurt the hive mind over there that a mod said he would not vote, they got very upset.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Holy shit that last page. Honestly people need to chill the fuck out. If someones vote isn't at all going to make a difference.
To be honest, if you care about minority rights, voting is more effective than posting sensitive words on a video game forum. If one does not even partake in the democratic process, that's a pretty bad look when it comes to fighting for a more inclusive future. That being said, it is of course everyone's right to decide whether to vote or not, but please, do not run around punishing dog whistles and somesuch when you cannot be arsed to use your democratic rights.

Christopher

To be honest, if you care about minority rights, voting is more effective than posting sensitive words on a video game forum. If one does not even partake in the democratic process, that's a pretty bad look when it comes to fighting for a more inclusive future. That being said, it is of course everyone's right to decide whether to vote or not, but please, do not run around punishing dog whistles and somesuch when you cannot be arsed to use your democratic rights.

What if you don’t give a fuck and don’t want to vote?

MayauMiao

Yeah, these people have over 10K-20K posts, and the forum has not hit a year yet.

upload_2018-8-19_10-20-14-png.522759

Can you show the latest numbers for comparison from the last one you posted?

Kacho

Why are you guys even posting there, everything I see from there reeks of people being batshit crazy

I have an active account but don’t post much. Era is good for game news but that’s about it for me. Most of my exposure to the site are other sites that jone on them all day. lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12380019/

I got a banned for a week for this. Not even a fucking warning.

That is insane. It's your opinion (and a valid one), not a "conspiracy theory" since it is common in reality.

And if you're wrong, who the fuck cares, my goodness they really like to draw the line in the sand of what is touchable and untouchable depending on gender / sex, etc..

Stop role playing emotions ReeEra.

I have an active account but don’t post much. Era is good for game news but that’s about it for me. Most of my exposure to the site are other sites that jone on them all day. lol

I just browse Twitter since that's where they get the majority of their news anyway. I let my account there go unused.

I just browse Twitter since that's where they get the majority of their news anyway. I let my account there go unused.

Last edited:

What do you mean by good for game news? Do you mean the discussion or the fact that news is posted there pretty quick?

Kacho

What do you mean by good for game news? Do you mean the discussion or the fact that news is posted there pretty quick?

The latter. It’s the best place to get up to the minute gaming news that’s usually pretty detailed. Used to be GAF obviously. The discussion I don’t really read or participate in.

MayauMiao

So Daniel Z Klien, the Riot employee who called fans of the game "manbabies", was fired but ResetEra goes apeshit and almost immediately blame "gators". You think these people learn anything about not pissing off customers by now.

I just wanna say, I am so fucking happy to finally have a gaming forum that is both busy and hasn't been ruined by SJWism.

It's been years, there's another smaller forum that I still post on, but it's only a handful of people and the guy that runs it is a colossal SJW, as are most of the users, it's not so bad if you just stick to gaming talk, which is why I'm still there, but you have to walk on eggshells.

It's so nice to have a place like here where I can be open and honest.

I think the SJW movement is in it's last days, I think the future of gaming is going to be bright and I'm excited to take the ride with all of you.

MayauMiao

Oh boy. The recent League of Legends firing is now causing the mods to go trigger happy handing out bans to those calling out DZK for his obvious sexism.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Oh boy. The recent League of Legends firing is now causing the mods to go trigger happy handing out bans to those calling out DZK for his obvious sexism.
Just as they said, "ArenaNet all over again". But for the opposite reason.

ResetEra's core SJW community is still fully convinced that J.Price was the victim, and they're dealing with this situation the exact same way. There can be no one left to argue otherwise, as they'll get banned, obviously,

Last edited:
So Daniel Z Klien, the Riot employee who called fans of the game "manbabies", was fired but ResetEra goes apeshit and almost immediately blame "gators". You think these people learn anything about not pissing off customers by now.

What’s a “gator”?

Also hypocrisy. I thought Old Gaf was the pissed of gamers :unsure:

MayauMiao

What’s a “gator”?

"Gator" is a term used by th to call anyone supporting GamerGate. However, SJW constantly abused the term and pretty much label anyone disagreering with their politics as "gator".
What’s a “gator”?

"gator" is a term reffering to anyone supporting GamerGate. However, SJW will simply use the term to anyone disagreeing with them.

"Gator" is a term used by th to call anyone supporting GamerGate. However, SJW constantly abused the term and pretty much label anyone disagreering with their politics as "gator".

"gator" is a term reffering to anyone supporting GamerGate. However, SJW will simply use the term to anyone disagreeing with them.
Ah ok thank you.

Nazi Gators is pretty scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom