• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've been reading some old era threads about "I'm transphobic if I don't date trans people" and MY GOSH THE ANSWERS MAN.

People saying you indeed ARE transphobic if trans people don't turn you on. People saying "we should reeducate cis people so they are turned on at trans people". My gosh...am I a manphobic if I don't like men? I also don't like skinny girls...am I a skinnyphobic?

Kinda rapey isn't it?

royox

It is considered a problem that you say no to trans people based on a sexual level.

Why? I say no to other guys based on a sexual level and I'm no manphobic.

I'm just an obsessive person, If I was in a date with the most beautyful woman I've ever met and when we are getting naked she suddently drops me the "i was a guy" bomb the only thing in my brain would be "she was carrying a dick, those were the lips of a man, this was the body of a man..." big etc.

My fault? I don't choose it and I shouldn't be forced to behave in any other way. NOBODY can tell me what should or what shouldn't give me a damn erection.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I'm just an obsessive person, If I was in a date with the most beautyful woman I've ever met and when we are getting naked she suddently drops me the "i was a guy" bomb the only thing in my brain would be "she was carrying a dick, those were the lips of a man, this was the body of a man..." big etc.

My fault? I don't choose it and I shouldn't be forced to behave in any other way. NOBODY can tell me what should or what shouldn't give me a damn erection.

Yet if straight men use weaponized words shaming women that don't sleep with them, they are known as rapey creeps.

Ironic, eh?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Hey dont shoot the messenger. I am just reiterating their stance, its not mines obviously.

Acerac

Banned
Or have girlfriends...boyfriends on the other hand...
I thought I had a boyfriend but then it turned out she was a girl. I complained about her acting like a douche ever since she started talking in some chats with some important ERA peeps and got perma'd.

The moral here is to be never doubt one's instincts and be just be gay. If I hadn't tried to be straight like a fool this would have never happened. ;_;
I don’t understand this post.
It was poorly written! Perhaps it is more readable now after some edits.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I thought I had a boyfriend but when it turned out she was a girl. I complained about her acting like a douche ever since getting in some chats with some important ERA peeps and got perma'd.

The moral here is to be never doubt one's instincts and be just be gay. If I hadn't tried to be straight like a fool this would have never happened. ;_;
I don’t understand this post.

You say the wrong shit, you get either warned, banned for a while, or permabanned there. It's completely stupid.

No wonder ResetERA's become such a laughingstock everywhere now.

Last edited:

Dthomp

You say the wrong shit, you get either warned, banned for a while, or permabanned there. It's completely stupid.

To be fair, if you visited other forms around the time of its arrival....it’s always been viewed as a joke from everywhere outside of itself.

Papa

Banned
I thought I had a boyfriend but then it turned out she was a girl. I complained about her acting like a douche ever since she started talking in some chats with some important ERA peeps and got perma'd.

It was poorly written! Perhaps it is more readable now after some edits.

How old are you? This sounds like some teenage awkwardness.

Papa

Banned
Its fair game. I actually have a mate who recently started dating a transwoman, so its being interesting to see that pan out.

Has he identified as bi before? I imagine for most straight dudes, coming to terms with the extras is not that easy.

The Giant

Banned
I got banned for explaining why the word Wog isn't offensive or racist in Australia and i'm a aussie wog.

My other acct got banned in a thread about "Why does the world hate America"

Era is so damn sensitive. A butt grab in valkyria chronicles 4 and they go nuts.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I got banned for explaining why the word Wog isn't offensive or racist in Australia and i'm a aussie wog.

My other acct got banned in a thread about "Why does the world hate America"

Era is so damn sensitive. A butt grab in valkyria chronicles 4 and they go nuts.

Kids today never saw Acropolis Now.

Redneckerz

Has he identified as bi before? I imagine for most straight dudes, coming to terms with the extras is not that easy.
Nope. Im kinda wondering how his thought process is regarding this. Fortunately ill meet up with him and xer tomorrow at a birthday party, perhaps i shall hear something (We prob do beer pong lol)

Acerac

Banned
Sure, you told the story before. Your last post makes it sound like a bad mix of hormones and immaturity.
I umm... am sorry that I didn't phrase it in a way that you found to be respectful to the situation?

I do appreciate that you care about the direness of all that happened enough to correct my levity. It truly was uncalled for.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I followed a lot of the old community over there because, well, the community is what I show up for. I didn’t make some big show about not really posting here anymore, though I still lurk. But I just got banned for a week for transphobia for making an innocuous joke over there. Woof.

royox

I followed a lot of the old community over there because, well, the community is what I show up for. I didn’t make some big show about not really posting here anymore, though I still lurk. But I just got banned for a week for transphobia for making an innocuous joke over there. Woof.

Are you crazy? No fun allowed in reeeeeeeeera

Redneckerz

Needs examples so we can determine if you were making false equivalencies regarding trans people or providing inflammatory rhetoric.

Duration pending, ofcourse.

;)

Redneckerz

Either way, they now have a history of severe infractions.
Not a history of history? Damn, because thats like, the elite perk a user there could have. A slip up in ban reasons. Users should aspire and work hard to achieve this goal!

chaos789

Banned
Yeah, I got banned again. Apparently I am an individual who rationalizes sexism and I have a history of severe infractions, lol.

I simply said that sexual objectification does not solely stem from games with anime tropes, but stems from society at large and Hollywood and advertising have a more influential role and have a done a much better job of sexual objectification.

I was polite and did not put anyone down or curse at anyone. But still got banned and of course other people quoted my post and put me down. But that's ok, because they were all being good sheep and regurgitating the same opinions. Was my fault for having a different opinion. I guess that makes me a sexist.

I may disagree with a lot of posters here, especially the Trump supporters, but honestly at least no one here attacks me and personally insults me for having a different opinion. I am to the left politically, but my concerns lay in environmental issues, wage inequality, worker safety, and American foreign interference. I believe their idea of liberalism differs from mine. There are some good people there, but there is also some who cannot fathom someone may disagree with them and if they do, they callously throw out negative labels ,without any merit.

Yeah, I got banned again. Apparently I am an individual who rationalizes sexism and I have a history of severe infractions, lol.

I simply said that sexual objectification does not solely stem from games with anime tropes, but stems from society at large and Hollywood and advertising have a more influential role and have a done a much better job of sexual objectification.

I was polite and did not put anyone down or curse at anyone. But still got banned and of course other people quoted my post and put me down. But that's ok, because they were all being good sheep and regurgitating the same opinions. Was my fault for having a different opinion. I guess that makes me a sexist.

I may disagree with a lot of posters here, especially the Trump supporters, but honestly at least no one here attacks me and personally insults me for having a different opinion. I am to the left politically, but my concerns lay in environmental issues, wage inequality, worker safety, and American foreign interference. I believe their idea of liberalism differs from mine. There are some good people there, but there is also some who cannot fathom someone may disagree with them and if they do, they callously throw out negative labels ,without any merit.
Perhaps if your history of infractions was mild or even moderate they would have cut you a break. But it was severe. They have standards that they can’t be flexible on. Otherwise the entire thing will come crumbling down.

chaos789

Banned
Perhaps if your history of infractions was mild or even moderate they would have cut you a break. But it was severe. They have standards that they can’t be flexible on. Otherwise the entire thing will come crumbling down.

That's the thing, they are loosely using the word severe. To any sane person, nothing I said was ever severe. I was not insulting people or using racial or sexist slurs.

One time I got banned for a week, for commenting on the Chris Hardwick thread. All I said was, "Let's wait and see what he has to say". That got me banned, I forget what the ban said.

That's the thing, they are loosely using the word severe. To any sane person, nothing I said was ever severe. I was not insulting people or using racial or sexist slurs.

One time I got banned for a week, for commenting on the Chris Hardwick thread. All I said was, "Let's wait and see what he has to say". That got me banned, I forget what the ban said.
That comment is extremely severe as well. How could you lol.

At least you know what you’re getting into if you go back. Don’t be surprised. Good luck if you do.

Rules are simple:
1. the Witcher 3 is shit, no need to elaborate. With so many treads open to cover how shit it is, it has become a meme now.
2. Never, ever, express something wrong about Nintendo, just never, no, no, no. No Star Fox Zero is not a bad game with its flaws, no, you are a bad person, deal with it. The 20 or 50 hours you put in the game are not enough to judge it. Nintendo games and hardware are the best, you're bad. Just shut up
3. PR are too much present in the forum and not as insiders but as PR doing their job. You don't like the new shit of the day and say it in more than 30 words... sorry but you're wrong, you can't express something else man, why do you think forums were made? For PR to directly sell their shit. Deal with it, you're bad.
4. You express an opinion like "nooo" to an announcement and get banned, i'm ok with it, but a simple "yeah" for Nintendo is okay , pages and pages were it's ok.
5. You have to obey the rules, i'm ok with that, but keep in mind that no matter what Zelda is the best game ever, Witcher 3 is shit, and nothing wrong can be said about Nintendo, ever, no you can't, you're ban. It's not written but why do you want to do say something againt Nintendo? And some want to call it democraty!
6. The worst part, be preapared! It's pledged with homophobia which is halirius considering the Justice Warriors reputation the forum claims to have.
7. If they want to ban you, they will, no matter what.
Those issues are only getting worse week after week. They are not fixed. I have no fun to visit this forum anymore.

chaos789

Banned
That comment is extremely severe as well. How could you lol.

At least you know what you’re getting into if you go back. Don’t be surprised. Good luck if you do.

Yeah, I am not going back or at least posting again. Might check out gaming related news, but that is it. I have enough health related problems to deal with, no need to deal with whatever is going on there.

People have a right to disagree and if someone is being racist or sexist sure ban them, but they are just issuing bans for simply saying something that a few people disagree with. It's ridiculous.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I still deeply believe that the creation of ERA was to gain control of a narrative and to create breeding ground for a certain ideaology through social engineering. I wish I could prove it, but there is so scant info on who Cerium and his financial backers are that it is impossible to prove...

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I still deeply believe that the creation of ERA was to gain control of a narrative and to create breeding ground for a certain ideaology through social engineering. I wish I could prove it, but there is so scant info on who Cerium and his financial backers are that it is impossible to prove...
Can I ask a personal question?

Ennosuke

I am not banned, but it took me quite some time to realize that era is not a cool place. Discussions over there are really going in an odd direction and too much politics in there as well.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I think a guy just saw an opportunity and jumped on it. He just also happens to believe in a lot of crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I think a guy just saw and opportunity and jumped on it.

This is what happened. Not everything needs to have a greater conspiracy or meaning. Its the most annoying thing about current politics to me. Nobody can simply disagree anymore. There has to be a greater meaning to every single god damn thing that happens. Protesters are no longer just pissed off people. They are PAID by THE MAN.

Black guy at Trump rally? Must be paid.

Group of people protesting Kavanaugh? Must be paid.

Its never ending. God forbid people just have a fucking opinion anymore. Its all a conspiracy. All of it.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, in some cases people are paid to protest, the red shirt rallies in Bangkok in 2010 were funded by ex PM Thaksin for instance, and campaign groups exist which give protesters material, fire them up with propaganda, etc and someone is funding that, but it's generally not a huge conspiracy, just a few fuckwits.

DJ_Lae

The gaming side of both forums is largely okay, which is something, I guess.

I dunno. I think that both Neogaf and Resetera have suffered significantly from the split. Even ignoring the shift in politics, people are angrier, whinier, more close-minded. With stuff like Kavenaugh resulting in smug self-fellatio on Neogaf and hilarious crying meltdowns on Resetera, you've got two places that are unpleasant to hang around for entirely different reasons.

A large part of it is probably just living outside of the US and having a lot of US political discourse here. Part of it is the split in ideology that's occured, as even in Canada the left has gone further left and the right has moved too and everyone is more sensitive to things the other side says. I don't know why it has to be an us vs them situation, but it's not just Gaf and Era.

On the bright side I don't think you're as likely to have your post reported on Neogaf if someone disagrees with your opinion.

Dthomp

That reminds me, how bad are the Kavanaugh meltdowns? Have no interest in visiting that shithole again, but I imagine half the users are on suicide watch

I love reset era.
I love reset era very much.
Reset era is very open minded.
Reset Era welcomes EVERYONE.

W1I4rVF.png

MayauMiao

That reminds me, how bad are the Kavanaugh meltdowns? Have no interest in visiting that shithole again, but I imagine half the users are on suicide watch

The mods over there should probably pin the phone numbers for suicide prevention group.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What bothers me a lot is how often Americans frame a persons outlook on life into a purely political thing.

I am both fairly liberal on politics and socially, but to me Era is politically liberal and extremely socially conservative. That isn’t ‘liberal’ at all. Liberal to me is nothat particularly giving a shit what others are into if they arent hurting anyone.

The population views itself as all welcoming and inclusive but I can’t skip the feeling it’s solely run by an extremely catty group of 20 year old first year university transsexuals. And while there is nothing wrong with any of that, this particular group feels like a pack of fuckin assholes. I suspect a good part of the admin/moderation team has moderate to severe issues functioning in the real world and are seeking to build something virtually, which simply doesn’t work.

slow-clap-gif.gif

So. Fucking. Good.

oilvomer

What is worse, is they are now allowing rhetoric against Whites...

A user posted...fuck all white people (no permaban) then another posted telling white people if they had a problem with that statement then to fuck off to Neogaf... all left alone by mods

Last edited:

Redneckerz

I hate your opinion and you should feel bad.

jk, ofcourse.

You have to treat ERA as a 24/7 online version of Opposite Day.
  • Make a sensible post? Nah, just say its purely because of anime that sexual objectification at large happens.
  • Be racially friendly? Totally out of order. You are supposed to hate whites, even when you are white yourself. And blacks rule, see BCT.
  • Supporting trans acceptance? You have no right to say this unless you see Bowsette as a pure woman that could exist IRL, and you refer to females as women.
  • You like games? Well, only the ones we deem important - So you can take a hike with big budget titles like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 or Kingdom Come. We have great alternatives for you.

Its like you give people who may or may not have done something wrong the benefit of the doubt. That ofcourse is a really rare sight.

I mean, i don't like Kavanaugh (not personally) but even a stone can tell that the stories don't match up. That does not mean i am some women-hating neckbeard that thinks #metoo is a fabricated farce - Far from it. But i do believe that the #metoo scenario needs to be discussed in a much more nuanced manner and not blown up where every single thing is instantly #metoo worthy.

Sadly, i saw this coming the second #metoo gained traction. I knew it would get used to include every little nitpicking thing under the sun - making the term far less valueable. Not everything is sexual harrassment or even imaginary rape and i feel a lot of this should revolve more on a case-by-case level.

I remember how i tried to iterate this in the beginning days of ERA and i got shunned at because people doubted that #metoo victims would exaggerate their stories or make them up. Or in the very least its not that wide spread (No pun intended.)

And likely it is not, but we can also not ignore that #metoo has also given some people a dangerous weapon to use that could ruin people's lives. This is why i say that cases need to be discussed on a deeper level than what you see happening now.

For a forum whose mission statement is to create a transparent and inviting bonfire, the transparency stops as soon as you question how everything is organized. All you know is that ERA is an LLC, nothing more.

The mods over there should probably pin the phone numbers for suicide prevention group.
I created a thread on this some time ago. I agree, there should be a pinned topic (perhaps in off-topic). Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights is this an idea?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom