• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Everybody seems to be getting slandered as a racist or fascist these days. People don't know the definition of words anymore.
They give them new definitions like racism = power + prejudice. If you show them the dictionary definition they will accuse you of wilfully ignoring the modern cultural interpretation. It’s a cult.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
They give them new definitions like racism = power + prejudice. If you show them the dictionary definition they will accuse you of wilfully ignoring the modern cultural interpretation. It’s a cult.

Not just resetera sadly, that bit of linguistic bullshit is spreading far and wide :(

royox

That's a correct statement.

Come on Yoshi even you know that game was trash. Trash controls, trash duration, trash everything. The 3DS remake of Lylat Wars was much more enjoyable than this piece of crap.

STRAIGHT, WHITE, MALES!

giphy.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Come on Yoshi even you know that game was trash. Trash controls, trash duration, trash everything. The 3DS remake of Lylat Wars was much more enjoyable than this piece of crap.
Star Fox 64 3D was better, because Star Fox 64 is better, but Star Fox Zero was very intense, the controls worked great and the unique idea of the two viewpoints with their inherent advantages and disadvantages was pretty intriguing. It is also a very interesting problem to decide whether to switch between perspectives for some gain but at the cost of a quick reorientation. I enjoyed Star Fox Zero a lot and think it was well-designed.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Star Fox 64 3D was better, because Star Fox 64 is better, but Star Fox Zero was very intense, the controls worked great and the unique idea of the two viewpoints with their inherent advantages and disadvantages was pretty intriguing. It is also a very interesting problem to decide whether to switch between perspectives for some gain but at the cost of a quick reorientation. I enjoyed Star Fox Zero a lot and think it was well-designed.

Same. Not sure why the game gets as much hate as it did. I thought it was a very enjoyable experience.

Last edited:

royox

Same. Not sure why the game gets as much hate as it did. I thought it was a very enjoyable experience.

Bad controls. Good Idea bad implemented with a forced-to-use-Gimmick.

Controls is EVERYTHING in an arcade game like StarFox and they dropped the ball very hard with it. It's not just me saying this btw it's most of players.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Bad controls. Good Idea bad implemented with a forced-to-use-Gimmick.

Controls is EVERYTHING in an arcade game like StarFox and they dropped the ball very hard with it. It's not just me saying this btw it's most of players.

I thought the controls were perfect. They were fluid, easy to use, and allowed for a great deal more skill than previous entries. Agree to disagree here.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't know how to word this in english but....can you actually BELIEVE in FACTS? Shouldn't you use the word "know" instead?
I would say knowledge is a belief that one has verified to be correct. At least with the equivalent German word it would be permissible to say "I believe in evolution", even though one of course actually knows that evolution is correctly describing how species came to be.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I don't know what ResetEra is and what's going on there between them and this place

If you want to leaves there you can just delete your account there and made a new account here?

Why make it so complicated ?

royox

I don't know what ResetEra is and what's going on there between them and this place

If you want to leaves there you can just delete your account there and made a new account here?

Why make it so complicated ?

It's easy to explain:

This is neogaf before the implosion.
edba41b729ec89d2812bf419652490d2790c42b9_hq.jpg

Then there was a massive shitstorm over nothing

latest

And from the smoke ResetEra was born.

4166099-evilbuu.png

Airbus Jr

Banned
It's easy to explain:

This is neogaf before the implosion.
edba41b729ec89d2812bf419652490d2790c42b9_hq.jpg

Then there was a massive shitstorm over nothing

latest

And from the smoke ResetEra was born.

4166099-evilbuu.png

I freakin love Majin Buu

Just let him absorb Vegito in the new Broly movie so he can beat the crap out of Brolly 😝

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the post gender stuff really is a cult. you have to believe non-scientific things. we are not talking classical feminism here, this is some modern Virtual Reality LARPing. i would be fine if people just lived in their corner of the world but it's this constant need to jump into every conversation and dominate it. it's insane. i used to do a lot of work with oldschool feminists and saw them getting more and more flack for not inviting guys in dresses to play women-oriented shows. eventually my friends dropped out of the scene all together cos it was so confrontational. the jerks labeling people TERFs are ahistorical pricks living in their own fantasy and if anyone says otherwise they lash out in the most petty, vindictive ways.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
the post gender stuff really is a cult. you have to believe non-scientific things. we are not talking classical feminism here, this is some modern Virtual Reality LARPing. i would be fine if people just lived in their corner of the world but it's this constant need to jump into every conversation and dominate it. it's insane. i used to do a lot of work with oldschool feminists and saw them getting more and more flack for not inviting guys in dresses to play women-oriented shows. eventually my friends dropped out of the scene all together cos it was so confrontational. the jerks labeling people TERFs are ahistorical pricks living in their own fantasy and if anyone says otherwise they lash out in the most petty, vindictive ways.

What post gender stuff? I really need to hear more about this story

Last edited:

chaos789

Banned
I hate your opinion and you should feel bad.

jk, ofcourse.

You have to treat ERA as a 24/7 online version of Opposite Day.
  • Make a sensible post? Nah, just say its purely because of anime that sexual objectification at large happens.
  • Be racially friendly? Totally out of order. You are supposed to hate whites, even when you are white yourself. And blacks rule, see BCT.
  • Supporting trans acceptance? You have no right to say this unless you see Bowsette as a pure woman that could exist IRL, and you refer to females as women.
  • You like games? Well, only the ones we deem important - So you can take a hike with big budget titles like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 or Kingdom Come. We have great alternatives for you.

Its like you give people who may or may not have done something wrong the benefit of the doubt. That ofcourse is a really rare sight.

I mean, i don't like Kavanaugh (not personally) but even a stone can tell that the stories don't match up. That does not mean i am some women-hating neckbeard that thinks #metoo is a fabricated farce - Far from it. But i do believe that the #metoo scenario needs to be discussed in a much more nuanced manner and not blown up where every single thing is instantly #metoo worthy.

Sadly, i saw this coming the second #metoo gained traction. I knew it would get used to include every little nitpicking thing under the sun - making the term far less valueable. Not everything is sexual harrassment or even imaginary rape and i feel a lot of this should revolve more on a case-by-case level.

I remember how i tried to iterate this in the beginning days of ERA and i got shunned at because people doubted that #metoo victims would exaggerate their stories or make them up. Or in the very least its not that wide spread (No pun intended.)

And likely it is not, but we can also not ignore that #metoo has also given some people a dangerous weapon to use that could ruin people's lives. This is why i say that cases need to be discussed on a deeper level than what you see happening now.

For a forum whose mission statement is to create a transparent and inviting bonfire, the transparency stops as soon as you question how everything is organized. All you know is that ERA is an LLC, nothing more.

I created a thread on this some time ago. I agree, there should be a pinned topic (perhaps in off-topic). @Bill O'Rights is this an idea?

They had a thread at one time where some people, were telling other people they were transphobic for not wanting to date or have sex with a trans person. I got banned in that thread too, lol.

With that logic I am homophobic for not wanting to sleep with another man. It is crazy.

Last edited:
I think resetera is extremely ban heavy, very left leaning, and often overly sensitive...but holy shit...neogaf has gone mental...and honestly, dead...most threads here just sort of quietly die. At least there are active threads and new threads and some semblance of a pulse over at era. And WTF at most of the political threads here? You really want to pretend that era is an echo chamber and this is a place of a vast diversity of respectful opinions?? You cherry pick the most extreme things from era or twitter to mock and laugh at and throw fits when the "dumb libs" do the same with republicans most inane extreme shit too? I mean holy shit...some threads here basically read like Donald Trump fansite. Laugh all you want at era...but this site has become the flip side of the coin (and imo- especially after reading some of the nauseating "poor Kavanaugh" thread) the worst side of it...and a dying one at that.

I think resetera is extremely ban heavy, very left leaning, and often overly sensitive...but holy shit...neogaf has gone mental...and honestly, dead...most threads here just sort of quietly die. At least there are active threads and new threads and some semblance of a pulse over at era. And WTF at most of the political threads here? You really want to pretend that era is an echo chamber and this is a place of a vast diversity of respectful opinions?? You cherry pick the most extreme things from era or twitter to mock and laugh at and throw fits when the "dumb libs" do the same with republicans most inane extreme shit too? I mean holy shit...some threads here basically read like Donald Trump fansite. Laugh all you want at era...but this site has become the flip side of the coin (and imo- especially after reading some of the nauseating "poor Kavanaugh" thread) the worst side of it...and a dying one at that.
You're not the first -- and likely not the last -- to spit this hot take upon reentry into the site. Stick around and you might change your mind.

bigedole

The main difference is that no one will be banned here for disagreeing with the majority of the posters, assuming it's done without personal attacks. For those who have no tolerance for viewpoints other than their one, they will likely find this a very difficult place to enjoy. The flipside to ResetaEra is /r/The_Donald, as these are two places that essentially do not allow anyone to disagree. GAF may have mostly fallen on one side of the Kavanaugh issue (The only reasonable side, I will gladly engage you if you think differently) but at least here people are allowed to argue it out. We probably do too much mocking of Era and the kind who like that kind of environment, but you must understand for a lot of us Era represents something we detest that corrupted a place we really enjoyed, and the way everything went down and has continued to play out is pretty fascinating. The social justice/intersectionality/post-modernist movement is a scary thing to a lot of sensible people, and Era just kind of embodies it completely.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I would suggest you take a moment and reevaluate what you just said. Conversations happen over new topics and news, and eventually the conversation switches to something new. This happens on *every single forum ever built*. The key difference is that you can have a conversation as a right leaning, left leaning, centrist, etc without being instantly banned.

You claim this is "cherry picking" when it really isn't. Just look at resetera.kiwifarms.net and you will see hundreds of bans every week that cement their horrid reputation and dangerous mindsets.

However, chances are you are just some Era-fanboy who came back to shit on everyone here without having any actual understanding of the site as it stands today. This is readily apparent as you think most people here are Pro-Trump, which just isn't the case.

The main difference is that no one will be banned here for disagreeing with the majority of the posters, assuming it's done without personal attacks. For those who have no tolerance for viewpoints other than their one, they will likely find this a very difficult place to enjoy. The flipside to ResetaEra is /r/The_Donald, as these are two places that essentially do not allow anyone to disagree. GAF may have mostly fallen on one side of the Kavanaugh issue (The only reasonable side, I will gladly engage you if you think differently) but at least here people are allowed to argue it out. We probably do too much mocking of Era and the kind who like that kind of environment, but you must understand for a lot of us Era represents something we detest that corrupted a place we really enjoyed, and the way everything went down and has continued to play out is pretty fascinating. The social justice/intersectionality/post-modernist movement is a scary thing to a lot of sensible people, and Era just kind of embodies it completely.
I think its good to have discussion and debate. And, personally, I don't think era should be so quick to ban...I like nothing more than to debate issues with people. Outside of the banning differences, you all must be utterly delusional if you think that this isn't an echo chamber, just as bad, if not worse than era. And I'd love to hear the "reasonable" excuse for mocking (and worse) of Dr. Ford that happened in that thread...

I would suggest you take a moment and reevaluate what you just said. Conversations happen over new topics and news, and eventually the conversation switches to something new. This happens on *every single forum ever built*. The key difference is that you can have a conversation as a right leaning, left leaning, centrist, etc without being instantly banned.

You claim this is "cherry picking" when it really isn't. Just look at resetera.kiwifarms.net and you will see hundreds of bans every week that cement their horrid reputation and dangerous mindsets.

However, chances are you are just some Era-fanboy who came back to shit on everyone here without having any actual understanding of the site as it stands today. This is readily apparent as you think most people here are Pro-Trump, which just isn't the case.
Yes. He/She is just a fanboy. He/She is repeating what was told to them. Being the good worker bee. But we certainly aren’t getting the A squad trolls. They are running out of old Gaf accounts lol.

I think its good to have discussion and debate. And, personally, I don't think era should be so quick to ban...I like nothing more than to debate issues with people. Outside of the banning differences, you all must be utterly delusional if you think that this isn't an echo chamber, just as bad, if not worse than era. And I'd love to hear the "reasonable" excuse for mocking (and worse) of Dr. Ford that happened in that thread...
Go argue in that thread, then.

You've yet to make a case that this is an echo chamber "just as bad if not worse".

If there's something you can expect here is that you'll need to back up your points. Drive-bys, mischaracterization, and pearl-clutching are nothing more than spinning your own tires in the mud. People here don't play those kind of games.

This site is a ghost town compared to what it once was...and to pretend it hasn't turned as far right as era is left is a fucking joke. As I said, I don't think era should be so quick to ban.

bigedole

I don't recall mocking of Ford being a theme, certainly casting doubt on her motivations though. I would love to hear you explain how we can be a worse echo chamber. Go ahead and find me one unbanned/moderated post from the hundreds of pages of...."discussion"....Era had about this whole ordeal that was in support of Kavanaugh. I don't think you understand what discussion and debate are if you really believe Era and GAF's take on them are comparable.

bigedole

This site is a ghost town compared to what it once was...and to pretend it hasn't turned as far right as era is left is a fucking joke. As I said, I don't think era should be so quick to ban.

Yep, this place is definitely less active. My god, we only have 1/100th the rate of "Yikes" posts. I don't know how much longer the site can last like that.

I don't recall mocking of Ford being a theme, certainly casting doubt on her motivations though. I would love to hear you explain how we can be a worse echo chamber. Go ahead and find me one unbanned/moderated post from the hundreds of pages of...."discussion"....Era had about this whole ordeal that was in support of Kavanaugh. I don't think you understand what discussion and debate are if you really believe Era and GAF's take on them are comparable.
You all act like because you don't ban people, its a place of diverse thought and respectful discussion. Please.

bigedole

You all act like because you don't ban people, its a place of diverse thought and respectful discussion. Please.

You're the one making the comparison and saying we're worse than Era. All I asked you for is a single teeny example of a single post that disagreed with the hive that was not actioned. Like I said, I don't think you understand what discussion and debate really means.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

People are engaging with you pretty respectfully right now, and setting aside their personal political takes on these matters (which all differ) to defend the framework for discussion being provided.

oagboghi2

God how many times have we heard this

People are engaging with you pretty respectfully right now, and setting aside their personal political takes on these matters (which all differ) to defend the framework for discussion being provided.
Did not say you weren't. Didn't say that people aren't banned for disagreeing way too often at era. What I said, and it's obvious by going into ANY political thread on this site now...that this site has just as much a hive as era...it's just now predominantly right leaning....and you all seem to pretend like because you don't ban people there isn't a new hive that's formed...

Considering you been gone for the last year, you wouldn’t know what this place is or it’s inhabitants are like. Just go back to Era if you just can’t and are so disgusted here.

And compared to what this site used to be...discussions on many threads have...no life. On a side note, on non-political matters (although I'm sure you can find examples) but I just don't see people getting banned on era. Game discussions are lively and extremely active with disagreements and agreements every which way.

oagboghi2

Did not say you weren't. Didn't say that people aren't banned for disagreeing way too often at era. What I said, and it's obvious by going into ANY political thread on this site now...that this site has just as much a hive as era...it's just now predominantly right leaning....and you all seem to pretend like because you don't ban people there isn't a new hive that's formed...
It seems like you're just angry that people you disagree with aren't banned as much as you like.

Last edited:
Considering you been gone for the last year, you wouldn’t know what this place is or it’s inhabitants are like. Just go back to Era if you just can’t and are so disgusted here.
I haven't been gone for a year. Just because I haven't posted (and I don't often post in general) doesn't mean I haven't visited this site. Apparently, I can't call out shit over here without being told to go back ERA. Yep, not a hive mind at all...

Every post since returning to the site has been your holier-than-thou inditement of how this site runs, even though (apparently?) you just got back.

Slow down and participate in something worthwhile. So far, the only thing you've contributed is baseless accusations.

It seems like you're just angry that people you disagree with aren't banned as much as you like.
Did you read anything I said? I said its good imo that neogaf doesn't ban people willy nilly. And it's one of my criticisms of era...they are quick to silence dissent when it comes to anything political.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Did you read anything I said? I said its good imo that neogaf doesn't ban people willy nilly. And it's one of my criticisms of era...they are quick to silence decent when it comes to anything political.
And yet your criticism of noegaf that seems to animate you the most is that neogaf is to "trump friendly" or isn't banning people enough.

You brought up the Kavanugh thread. Would you have locked the thread or banned posters defending Kavanaugh and criticizing Ford

Last edited:

bigedole

Did you read anything I said? I said its good imo that neogaf doesn't ban people willy nilly. And it's one of my criticisms of era...they are quick to silence decent when it comes to anything political.

Well, this has clearly been a pointless exercise, so I'll just say I hope you enjoy the time you spend on the internet wherever that happens to be. I also hope in the future you will allow others to do the same without feeling the need to correct them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Whatever consensus happens to form at any given time in discussions here is not the result of thought police shaping it to that effect either through bans, empowerment of activists supporting a particular side, or tolerating dogpiling. If you see echos bouncing around, use your voice.

I haven't been gone for a year. Just because I haven't posted (and I don't often post in general) doesn't mean I haven't visited this site. Apparently, I can't call out shit over here without being told to go back ERA. Yep, not a hive mind at all...
Your last 2 posts here 12 months ago are about Era. Don’t bullshit why you are here. Damn they don’t spend their good trolls. If this place is so dead but you’ve been here, but you don’t post... then wtf have you been doing here this last 12 months? There’s nothing to read because it’s dead right?

Clearly you haven’t been here. We deal with former gaffers with the same talking points you have at least 3 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom