• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
resetera needs to separate their politics threads from their OT.

The OT there is ridiculous. It's basically "The world is on fire" - the forum. The majority of the threads are very political.

And each political thread is so predictable....it goes like this:

1st post: ________ just said that <insert controversial statement>
1st reply: Fuck _______. He's a piece of shit.
2nd reply: ___________ go fuck yourself
3rd reply: He's a scumbag, racist piece of shit.
4th reply: Fuck __________. Racist, piece of shit.
5th reply. Get fucked, _________.

and so on.....it gets so nauseating and disturbing at the same time. They are just parroting each other and don't even realize it.

Those angry and violent students who protest at universities whenever Ben Shapiro is scheduled to make an appearance...resetera seems like a forum filled with those angry hateful college students.

And they seem to be getting even crazier by the month. I go back and lurk once every month out of curiosity, and each time the atmosphere is even more toxic.

This is my biggest problem with resetera: Literally 80% of the replies in political thread is "fuck this piece of shit" or something about the world ending when discussing something trivial as fuck. You're just scrolling down to read garbage and contentless content, like the YouTube comment section. I think it's just a young crowd trying to score social points with their peers... Which makes for a lot of boring and unintellectual content..

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Lol, just got a permaban from Easy Allies discord for "insulting" ResetEra (telling factual statements) half a year ago (the ban was two months ago). The crazies are spreading into my favorite community. Maybe someday they can get their head outta their asses.
....They aren't exactly quick to their horses huh. Referencing stuff from 6 months ago and the ban for that was 2 months ago, and only now they figured it would be a perm.

Then again was it Easy Allies, or the Easy Allies ERA group?

Maybe don't be a gator apolagist :)
I don't see what that has to do with his ban unless you were in that discord and it was about Gamergate.

And Apologist, ofcourse :)

They literally have a ban message for it. "pie_tears_joy:"partaking in off-site drama (or to that effect)"

Stray too far from the group think, and you will catch it too. :messenger_ok:
They are probably already flagged by excelsorif and the hitsquad...if your using the same name here as you are there they are probably already trawling your post history and reporting posts

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I think someone dug into information on the owners and it tracked that way. 👀
3jC6.gif

I have no problem with anyone here. It’s ok to disagree sometimes. 🤔🤗 The Maoist comment was quite serious though. The thought policing and control seem waaaaay the hell off the charts at that place and it’s from pretty much all of the mods. It’s like they’re dictated to what is allowed and what isn’t but not in any normal civil way that we’re used to. I don’t know how people put up with it. No free thinking at all.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Reading all the comments here

I think it's safe to say Resetera is a disgusting and filthy places

Wish everyone here on Neogaf can spit on their faces literally each one of them because that what they deserved for being a total scum

Papa

Banned
Reading all the comments here

I think it's safe to say Resetera is a disgusting and filthy places

Wish everyone here on Neogaf can spit on their faces literally each one of them because that what they deserved for being a total scum

i am 12 and what is this

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
....They aren't exactly quick to their horses huh. Referencing stuff from 6 months ago and the ban for that was 2 months ago, and only now they figured it would be a perm.

Then again was it Easy Allies, or the Easy Allies ERA group?

I don't see what that has to do with his ban unless you were in that discord and it was about Gamergate.

And Apologist, ofcourse :)

I literally have no clue who they are, but I have never supported or denounced GamerGate. Either way, it is was a meaningless thing to bring up as the reason I was banned was for the "insulting of other communities" which was only ever listing facts about ResetEra.

As for which one, it was the Easy Allies group, but it seems there are a number of EZA Era members that have befriended the mods (with multiple of them being fans of Era as is).

Was sent multiple screenshots while I was banned too. Apparently what I did was worthy of a ban, but openly insulting someone is perfectly A-Okay with them!

Z O N E

That "other site" is so sensitive.

When the whole Ninja article came out about him not playing with females, I posted a comment with a tweet from a female streamer who said she agreed with Ninja and understood where he was coming from.

... I got perm banned for being "sexists" and "downplaying sexism". Lol.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
That "other site" is so sensitive.

When the whole Ninja article came out about him not playing with females, I posted a comment with a tweet from a female streamer who said she agreed with Ninja and understood where he was coming from.

... I got perm banned for being "sexists" and "downplaying sexism". Lol.
User Banned (Permanent): Using "females" as a noun is gross and disgusting, history of similar infractions

Redneckerz

I literally have no clue who they are, but I have never supported or denounced GamerGate. Either way, it is was a meaningless thing to bring up as the reason I was banned was for the "insulting of other communities" which was only ever listing facts about ResetEra.
  • I don't know what you listed as facts.
  • I do know that in your descriptors of ERA, you often don't leave much room for margin or nuance. And i know, before you say ''ERA does not know any nuance so..'' it wouldn't be the first time your name pops up as accomplice.
Was sent multiple screenshots while I was banned too. Apparently what I did was worthy of a ban, but openly insulting someone is perfectly A-Okay with them!

Easy Allies Discord ought to know better, then.

The linked screenshots are kind of sad, but i am not unfamiliar with then since i got the same treatment at the Xbox ERA discord a few months ago. However, i was not ejected. I simply went in and said there were two sides to every coin, first comment was ''You are just jelly that you got banned out ERA.'', second was in the tone of me being trash and Evilore is a sexual predator.

I made a futile appeal to common sense but some people are just gullible, some people are just blind, and some people are just downright hypocrites. And you can find them all under the ERA Apology Squad. ;)

It is likely you came across a similar lot of people, though.
Subpar is also a GAFfer, and for those who do not know (Perhaps you too?), Subpar_Spatula is playing a long term con game. I know this because he mentioned this himself on The Bore (Or Kiwi, can't remember).

Its testing how what sticks with the staff and what doesn't. Its all just being played subtle (to the staff) and obvious (to everyone else).

I mean, you didn't think the title question of the OP was sincere don't you?

Freeman76

• I do know that in your descriptors of ERA, you often don't leave much room for margin or nuance. And i know, before you say ''ERA does not know any nuance so..'' it wouldn't be the first time your name pops up as accomplice.

Easy Allies Discord ought to know better, then.

The linked screenshots are kind of sad, but i am not unfamiliar with then since i got the same treatment at the Xbox ERA discord a few months ago. However, i was not ejected. I simply went in and said there were two sides to every coin, first comment was ''You are just jelly that you got banned out ERA.'', second was in the tone of me being trash and Evilore is a sexual predator.

I made a futile appeal to common sense but some people are just gullible, some people are just blind, and some people are just downright hypocrites. And you can find them all under the ERA Apology Squad. ;)

It is likely you came across a similar lot of people, though.

Subpar is also a GAFfer, and for those who do not know (Perhaps you too?), Subpar_Spatula is playing a long term con game. I know this because he mentioned this himself on The Bore (Or Kiwi, can't remember).

Its testing how what sticks with the staff and what doesn't. Its all just being played subtle (to the staff) and obvious (to everyone else).

I mean, you didn't think the title question of the OP was sincere don't you?

Why wouldnt I, with all the nutjobs over there its impossible to tell.

Redneckerz

Hard to tell over there, if you had followed this thread it would be obvious to you why.
I follow this thread and its actually the opposite. People are in this thread to talk about the excesses of ERA. This isn't my first rodeo.

That's how i also know that Subpar is playing a clever troll and why such questioning is bait.

It may take some time to recognize, though.

So i am not sure why you took this stance.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Things I have listed as facts:

ResetEra and its community has a long history of doxxing.
It's moderation team has openly promoted anti-white behavior.
Constant misuse of transphobic/racist/sexist claims is rampant with its community.

What do you mean by me being an accomplice? For nuance, there isn't really a need for it. Facts are facts.

Redneckerz

Things I have listed as facts:

ResetEra and its community has a long history of doxxing.
It's moderation team has openly promoted anti-white behavior.
Constant misuse of transphobic/racist/sexist claims is rampant with its community.
  • The first is a very generic moniker that targets everyone on ERA, and that i simply do not believe. I do know that there are users and staffers doing this, but presenting it as ResetERA and its community suggests the whole place is in on it, which simply isn't true.
  • The second, again, i feel lacks nuance. Its not the entire moderation team, its The Names, or in this case (of which i am aware of) Nepenthe, first and formost. There are actually some proper good staffers on the moderation team that essentially get lumped in together with the bad fish by saying its the moderation team that does this.
  • The third is true, but i would have brought forward a singular example that unmistakeningly proves this. That way, your fact gains credibility and becomes more of a fact than simply a claim, which is what it is now :)
What do you mean by me being an accomplice?
I might have used the wrong term here, apologies. Either way, i am referring to your tweets which where referenced on ERA before i believe. I have seen your tweets and although i can understand where you come from in the best of intentions, people less adversed in this will see them as malicious. Do this constantly and also write similarly in a Discord like that, and people will grow a dislike for you, even when you think you are just telling facts.

It is in the tone of how you write it (As in your tweets). To me, it sounds like nagging. Now i know that, like i said, where you come from, so i can relevate this. But others unmistakingly will not do this and see just an annoying bloke who keeps on bitching about the same thing.

Do you understand where i am going with this? If you do not, then i might need to better illustrate it with an example :)

For nuance, there isn't really a need for it. Facts are facts.
I disagree. Just as that ERAdians's arguments usually lack nuance, the opposite has to be subject to the same rules. Saying there isn't really a need for it can also be said for people pro-ERA and Anti-GAF. Which would make your stance questionable, since you always ask for evidence from the other party.

Holgren

Hello, I come to join the ResetEra hate party. I hope the "rationalizing" reason of banning in a discussion board is something exclusive to that place and is not replicated anywhere else.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
  • The first is a very generic moniker that targets everyone on ERA, and that i simply do not believe. I do know that there are users and staffers doing this, but presenting it as ResetERA and its community suggests the whole place is in on it, which simply isn't true.
  • I understand where you are coming from, however when the majority promote such behavior, or do not fight against it, that is not different than accepting it in my mind. As for the "Resetera and its community" that was referencing ResetEra as it currently stands and the community that originated here on NeoGaf, prior to the schism.
  • The second, again, i feel lacks nuance. Its not the entire moderation team, its The Names, or in this case (of which i am aware of) Nepenthe, first and formost. There are actually some proper good staffers on the moderation team that essentially get lumped in together with the bad fish by saying its the moderation team that does this.
  • The mod team works together to push bans, give warnings, and more. This is not referencing any particular post (which may be where we are having a disconnect), but the general action that the moderation team takes when dealing with members who are calling out this anti-white behavior. As we have plenty of evidence to show in the Community Thread, there have been many bans and silences suggesting that it is racist to blame people because their skin colour is white, or insinuating ill because of the colour of someone's skin (among others) - that requires multiple mods to actively silence/ban them - and with a forum as active as that, that isn't just a single moderator. Doing such is actively promoting anti-white behavior (aka, racism).
  • The third is true, but i would have brought forward a singular example that unmistakeningly proves this. That way, your fact gains credibility and becomes more of a fact than simply a claim, which is what it is now :)
  • I have used various examples, I just simple gave a shortened list of the various facts that I stated - which we both know to be true, if just not agreeable on how its worded (which is not listed verbatim as much of what I posted was 6+ months ago on a discord I cannot access).
I might have used the wrong term here, apologies. Either way, i am referring to your tweets which where referenced on ERA before i believe. I have seen your tweets and although i can understand where you come from in the best of intentions, people less adversed in this will see them as malicious. Do this constantly and also write similarly in a Discord like that, and people will grow a dislike for you, even when you think you are just telling facts.

It is in the tone of how you write it (As in your tweets). To me, it sounds like nagging. Now i know that, like i said, where you come from, so i can relevate this. But others unmistakingly will not do this and see just an annoying bloke who keeps on bitching about the same thing.

Do you understand where i am going with this? If you do not, then i might need to better illustrate it with an example :)

Those tweets are usually in response to a like minded individual and there is only so much you can do with a 240 character limit. When someone responds, I am more than willing to provide ample evidence to support the claims - but rarely does that happen.

Also important to remember that many of those "tweets" were taken months apart and the last one was back in June if I remember correctly, with 100+ tweets in between over various other subjects - assuming we are talking about the same post from a few months ago. I feel this only further proves my point as the posts where I point out Era's flaws are few and far between (at least on Twitter and on the discord), but if you combine them back to back to back, it would give the appearance that I am, as you suggested "an annoying bloke who keeps on bitching about the same thing." This shows the disingenuous nature of such claims on ERA and how they try to twist information to prove their points.

I disagree. Just as that ERAdians's arguments usually lack nuance, the opposite has to be subject to the same rules. Saying there isn't really a need for it can also be said for people pro-ERA and Anti-GAF. Which would make your stance questionable, since you always ask for evidence from the other party.

I am used to scientific writing - blunt and to the point with plenty of evidence. Some take this as antagonistic/nagging and if they do I cannot stop them from thinking so. As I mentioned earlier, those examples were a shortened list that were not what was stated verbatim. As I am unable to access the discord, I am unable to obtain that information and post it here. I try to always provide plenty of evidence to my claims, and I believe I do a well enough job in doing so.

Redneckerz

Thx for the comment!
  • I understand where you are coming from, however when the majority promote such behavior, or do not fight against it, that is not different than accepting it in my mind. As for the "Resetera and its community" that was referencing ResetEra as it currently stands and the community that originated here on NeoGaf, prior to the schism.
I disagree. I don't think its actually a majority that promote this behavior, nor do i think that the people who do not fight against it are part of the problem. You have to remember that voicing your disdain there for the leading policy will result in your account being actioned. Thus, it may very well be that many people disagree but simply value their account more than an issue that only hits them sideways (Since they aren't the people showcasing problematic takes).

I am aware that this hidden resistance is present, and occassionaly you may see an unmoderated post that shows how these folks actually think. It is there, just not as in plain sight as the truly problematic baiters like Enzom.

• The mod team works together to push bans, give warnings, and more. This is not referencing any particular post (which may be where we are having a disconnect), but the general action that the moderation team takes when dealing with members who are calling out this anti-white behavior. As we have plenty of evidence to show in the Community Thread, there have been many bans and silences suggesting that it is racist to blame people because their skin colour is white, or insinuating ill because of the colour of someone's skin (among others) - that requires multiple mods to actively silence/ban them - and with a forum as active as that, that isn't just a single moderator. Doing such is actively promoting anti-white behavior (aka, racism).
I do not disagree, but i want to insert a nuance and say that its certainly not all of the moderation team that is to blame for this. Most bans are done undoubtly by SweetNicole and Morrigan, and Nepenthe/Slayven are pretty good at making problematic takes in their ranks. As you can tell, i am only listing a part of the staff here. This is why i refer to these groups as The Names - to differentiate those from the staffers that actually do no harm. Evidently, the moderation team actually has more good staffers than bad ones. The reason we don't hear these voices, is because the bad ones are so omni-present in upholding the negative imagery that is associated with ERA.

• I have used various examples, I just simple gave a shortened list of the various facts that I stated - which we both know to be true, if just not agreeable on how its worded (which is not listed verbatim as much of what I posted was 6+ months ago on a discord I cannot access).
I obviously can't access how and why you wrote your Discord posts, it was just that when i heard you got kicked out it reminded me of the Tweets you made and how a user criticized you for it.

Those tweets are usually in response to a like minded individual and there is only so much you can do with a 240 character limit. When someone responds, I am more than willing to provide ample evidence to support the claims - but rarely does that happen.
It obviously is not my business to tell you how to do things, so i won't do that, but i do think that how things are phrased can make or break a tweet. You gotta assume that anyone reading your tweet essentially does not know the context in which it is said. Better be complete, than LEET. (Okay that was a bad joke and i should feel bad for it)

Also important to remember that many of those "tweets" were taken months apart and the last one was back in June if I remember correctly, with 100+ tweets in between over various other subjects - assuming we are talking about the same post from a few months ago. I feel this only further proves my point as the posts where I point out Era's flaws are few and far between (at least on Twitter and on the discord), but if you combine them back to back to back, it would give the appearance that I am, as you suggested "an annoying bloke who keeps on bitching about the same thing." This shows the disingenuous nature of such claims on ERA and how they try to twist information to prove their points.
I believe you. I do think that the limitation of tweets makes it difficult in your case to provide a text that is, shall we say... less attractive for these bounty hunters to take a stab than in a proper forum post.

I try to always provide plenty of evidence to my claims, and I believe I do a well enough job in doing so.
Nah, i think you are just a terrible user and with Gold mode on even and you should feel bad./I wanna have babies with chu/You are coo. ;)

Just got banned from Resetera for this:

I posted that 'Michelle Obama is hot' or something very similar (can't remember the post)

Another user (lets call him User A) then responded with "really dude?" and a different member (User B) simply said "Charming"

To which i replied to User A with: "What seems to be the issue with my post. Did i do something wrong? Is there something wrong with saying someone is hot?"

The user then responded with a long post about 'Objectification'

This was then my response:

fantomena

I posted that 'Michelle Obama is hot' or something very similar (can't remember the post)

Another user (lets call him User A) then responded with "really dude?" and a different member (User B) simply said "Charming"

To which i replied to User A with: "What seems to be the issue with my post. Did i do something wrong? Is there something wrong with saying someone is hot?"

You could just link to the post that got you banned?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...melanie-trump-at-4.89766/page-2#post-16332430

Redneckerz

Can sorta see where Trickster (The user replying to you) is going, as yes, by way of example, that could be out of place.

However, i don't see why that is a 3 day ban. Below i cited your post and bolded what i believe caused you to get banned. I don't think its banworthy, by the way.

Nothing ban worthy there, as expected.
''I honestly don't get this place at times. If anything my comment is a compliment to Michelle that she looks as good as she does at her age.
Probably the correct way to say it was 'this is one beautiful woman' so don't step on toes but i couldn't give a shit really. Nothing about my comment was offensive in the slightest. Some people need their heads examined if that was an offensive thing to say. If they want to complain, complain to the mods.''

The bolded triggered The Names because you are showing disdain for their might. You reached the wrong conclusion so you are out.

Blam

I have no problem with anyone here. It’s ok to disagree sometimes. 🤔🤗 The Maoist comment was quite serious though. The thought policing and control seem waaaaay the hell off the charts at that place and it’s from pretty much all of the mods. It’s like they’re dictated to what is allowed and what isn’t but not in any normal civil way that we’re used to. I don’t know how people put up with it. No free thinking at all.
I mean they don't really have rules. Well no they do have rules on how you're supposed to mod, but nearly all of the mods use their own personal opinion while modding staying completely unbiased and following those guidelines. (Actually forgot to put a sarcasm tag on that lmao they are beyond insanely biased)

Regardless the owner not owners, is a author and probably is neck deep in income taxes.

Last edited:
I mean they don't really have rules. Well no they do have rules on how you're supposed to mod, but nearly all of the mods use their own personal opinion while modding staying completely unbiased and following those guidelines.

Regardless the owner not owners, is a author and probably is neck deep in income taxes.

You see the Louis CK thread? Banning people for LIKING someone? You literally can’t have your own preferences on things. I try to restrain from cursing but F that place. It’s crazy.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You see the Louis CK thread? Banning people for LIKING someone? You literally can’t have your own preferences on things. I try to restrain from cursing but F that place. It’s crazy.

Not the first time either. Same thing with Colin Moriarty and Dave Chapelle (or at least finding Dave Chapelle's trans jokes funny - which they are XD)

Blam

They did the same for CP2077. But the backlash was hard and they lost that fight.

dorkimoe

Yup. Just came to post about this. They literally are banning you for thinking a comic is funny that they don’t agree with. Holy fuck

It goes beyond that though. Something to the effect of “if you think he’s funny, that just shows what type of person you are” was also said. WTW? So people are being judged solely on what comedians they like now? And that’s ok? There’s absolutely no pushback from anyone there. They just all roll with it. I mean is that really where the world is headed? “Oh he enjoys so and so? F that guy then.” Absolute madness. Call them NPCs, call them drones, call them mindless slaves, call them whatever you want but if this is the majority of people in the world now something needs to change or we may as well just pack it up. A lot of people here think I’m a little off for some of my views and the mods are probably always like 👀 with me at this point but atleast there’s some level of fairness here. Unless you’re promoting flat out seething hatred against another person, everyone should have a voice.

bitbydeath

It goes beyond that though. Something to the effect of “if you think he’s funny, that just shows what type of person you are” was also said. WTW? So people are being judged solely on what comedians they like now? And that’s ok? There’s absolutely no pushback from anyone there. They just all roll with it. I mean is that really where the world is headed? “Oh he enjoys so and so? F that guy then.” Absolute madness. Call them NPCs, call them drones, call them mindless slaves, call them whatever you want but if this is the majority of people in the world now something needs to change or we may as well just pack it up. A lot of people here think I’m a little off for some of my views and the mods are probably always like 👀 with me at this point but atleast there’s some level of fairness here. Unless you’re promoting flat out seething hatred against another person, everyone should have a voice.

These are the same people who told someone to disown their own family for supporting Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom