Resetera reflects: This place sucks. We want GAF back.

$MILE¥

Neo Member
Dec 29, 2018
Can sorta see where Trickster (The user replying to you) is going, as yes, by way of example, that could be out of place.

However, i don't see why that is a 3 day ban. Below i cited your post and bolded what i believe caused you to get banned. I don't think its banworthy, by the way.

''I honestly don't get this place at times. If anything my comment is a compliment to Michelle that she looks as good as she does at her age.
Probably the correct way to say it was 'this is one beautiful woman' so don't step on toes but i couldn't give a shit really. Nothing about my comment was offensive in the slightest. Some people need their heads examined if that was an offensive thing to say. If they want to complain, complain to the mods.''

The bolded triggered The Names because you are showing disdain for their might. You reached the wrong conclusion so you are out.
I should probably not have said 'Hot AF' but then again i don't see anything wrong with my initial post. My responses to the user who questioned my 'hot af' post was more of a surprise because to him what i said was offensive.
Also i don't believe my post was ban worthy and especially ban worthy for 3 days. I have since written an email to the Resetera staff to remove my account. Till this day they have not removed it.
I have stopped visiting the site. Man i love off topic chats, gaming chats too and i may not always have time to respond to messages all the time but this incident has put me off that forum in a big way. I have seen obvious troll posts get 1 day bans and sometimes not even a ban, yet i get a 3 day ban for the above.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
Unknown Body, Proxima Centauri, 4th O.B.
I should probably not have said 'Hot AF' but then again i don't see anything wrong with my initial post. My responses to the user who questioned my 'hot af' post was more of a surprise because to him what i said was offensive.
I mean when there is a serious topic and someone comes barging in telling the crowd the lady on the mic looks hot as shit, then yeah, that is kinda inappropiate. I guess that's where this went.

Not banworthy though, the fact that it is is just typical.

Jun 30, 2013
London, UK
Finally permabanned from that PC cesspit. Why I bothered attempting communication with those morons I have no idea.

I can't even tell what's parody and what's real, as a trans woman with 5 o clock shadow in avatar photo screams that James Woods is trying to destroy her existence by appearing in Kingdom Hearts.
That’s pretty funny, with posts like that I’m glad you are here! I hope you aren’t completely burned out from your time over there. You’ve gotta learn to laugh. That forum is a mess.

Apr 18, 2013
That’s pretty funny, with posts like that I’m glad you are here! I hope you aren’t completely burned out from your time over there. You’ve gotta learn to laugh. That forum is a mess.
I mean I know this is old news but literally everyone there is desperately posting anything they can to ruin someone. Oh look, producer on minor indie game said "gay" 10 years ago when he was 14 in a tweet, let's get him fired. The so called progressive left are the least tolerant people around, in fact they're actively hostile. Ugh.

Oh and I remember years ago cliffyB saying "most of the industry think you're cunts" to GAF. I realise now he was referring to the callout culture nerds, now fully embraced by the current trend of super hardcore vocal lefty loonies. Soon to die, by the way, already eating itself.

Sorry this is all obvious, I just had to rant.

Apr 27, 2015
Essex, UK
I mean I know this is old news but literally everyone there is desperately posting anything they can to ruin someone. Oh look, producer on minor indie game said "gay" 10 years ago when he was 14 in a tweet, let's get him fired. The so called progressive left are the least tolerant people around, in fact they're actively hostile. Ugh.

Oh and I remember years ago cliffyB saying "most of the industry think you're cunts" to GAF. I realise now he was referring to the callout culture nerds, now fully embraced by the current trend of super hardcore vocal lefty loonies. Soon to die, by the way, already eating itself.

Sorry this is all obvious, I just had to rant.
All the names that made GAF unbearable are prolific over there. Cant enter a thread without a wanky post from the likee of Leng Jai, Glam FM, Xviper, Impthedimp, I wont go on but they are just some names that got GAF that rep CliffyB shared with us. The same cunts are doing the same thing at Era now.

Mar 21, 2013
All the names that made GAF unbearable are prolific over there. Cant enter a thread without a wanky post from the likee of Leng Jai, Glam FM, Xviper, Impthedimp, I wont go on but they are just some names that got GAF that rep CliffyB shared with us. The same cunts are doing the same thing at Era now.
Basically you go back to what Paul Rubio said about oldGAF and that's what has moved on, the whole whipping up a hate crowd:

"Even so, If I had read Neogaf at the time the game probably wouldn't exist. I spent some time six months ago going through two-and-a-half years of comments on Neogaf, and I was literally crying for two days. Partly because I just don't understand the cruelty, but more importantly because I could see those years over those two days, and I began to understand that maybe people can love something so much that they can hate it."
It only takes a few with mob mentality to create a culture of out-hating one another for notoriety. I think Gaf, while we still have a few asshats arguing amongst each other and over gender articles, generally the overall tone of tolerance has improved. And I think based on what we're seeing with the core of volunteers that @Musky_Cheese is leading on then we can get a real genuine tight-knit place going that has actually worthwhile commentary on videogames, BUT is done in an adult fashion.