• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge Season 4 |OT| We’re going back to the Hamptons - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh????

I thought it was blatantly obvious that Margeux felt guilty, and was setting White Gold up (to help Nolan put a stop to White Gold getting to Amanda, and to also get back at White Gold for attacking Jack).

It just happened to be that White Gold managed to stab Nolan in the hand, before Nolan was planning to attack White Gold with a stun gun he was hiding beneath the bench.

There would have been no other reason whatsoever why Margeux would have been hanging out in Nolan's country club, why Margeux would have helped pull out the knife from Nolan's hand, and why Nolan would have already removed all the evidence incriminating Margeux from the USB stick he had in his pocket (that he planned to give to the police to imprison White Gold).

Yeah, that was my reading, which is why that scene didn't bother me.

Did the show ever address the fact that the state seems to have basically let Amanda off the hook for escaping from a maximum security prison? Are we supposed to believe that, after it was proven Victoria was still alive, they just sort of shrugged their shoulders at the whole prison break thing and said, "Eh, water under the bridge."?

EDIT: And while I'm thinking about it...

David going to jail was bugging me, because I was wondering why they couldn't plausibly make a case for self-defense. I mean, Victoria had a gun in her hand and Emily was shot.

Then I remembered Victoria's magical cameras.

The thing is...those same cameras would ALSO show Emily holding an unarmed Victoria at gunpoint until her father shot Victoria, which is also a crime.

I know, I know - don't think about it too hard. Still, some of this stuff feels like the writers just shrugged their shoulders and threw something together at the last minute.

Yeah, that was my reading, which is why that scene didn't bother me.

Did the show ever address the fact that the state seems to have basically let Amanda off the hook for escaping from a maximum security prison? Are we supposed to believe that, after it was proven Victoria was still alive, they just sort of shrugged their shoulders at the whole prison break thing and said, "Eh, water under the bridge."?

EDIT: And while I'm thinking about it...

David going to jail was bugging me, because I was wondering why they couldn't plausibly make a case for self-defense. I mean, Victoria had a gun in her hand and Emily was shot.

Then I remembered Victoria's magical cameras.

The thing is...those same cameras would ALSO show Emily holding an unarmed Victoria at gunpoint until her father shot Victoria, which is also a crime.

I know, I know - don't think about it too hard. Still, some of this stuff feels like the writers just shrugged their shoulders and threw something together at the last minute.

Yeah... There are a shit ton of laws broken in the finale and honestly throughout the series that could have been traced back to Emily once she was revealed as Amanda. Just gotta suspend your rationale-thinking or else you'll just hate everything.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It was alright, the things I expected to happen happened for the most part. This show would've been much better as a two season show with a tighter story, it kind of suffered from being dragged out and adding too many pointless characters. Emily and Nolan were the power team, the show really faltered when they didn't do as much together (especially this season, but it was also there when Aiden was added). Had its moments, but for the most part got worse as it went on (though I haven't watched it since the first time, I'd imagine season 1 still holds up fairly well). I'll miss some of the characters, but not the show.

G0523

Just saw the finale. I thought it was okay. Definitely not in a best or worst category. But I'm just glad it ended instead of leaving us hanging. At least we have closure now.

I'm also WTFing at the scene with Victoria and her mother, revealing that Victoria's dad raped her when she was a teenager. I mean what in the actual fuck.

Just saw the finale. I thought it was okay. Definitely not in a best or worst category. But I'm just glad it ended instead of leaving us hanging. At least we have closure now.

I'm also WTFing at the scene with Victoria and her mother, revealing that Victoria's dad raped her when she was a teenager. I mean what in the actual fuck.

That's not new, I think they introduced that point in Season 2 , during the Flashback episode. I mean its still several different types of awful but it does explain why Victoria was so ridiculously overprotective of her children.

G0523

That's not new, I think they introduced that point in Season 2 , during the Flashback episode. I mean its still several different types of awful but it does explain why Victoria was so ridiculously overprotective of her children.

Yeah I knew she was raped but I didn't know her father did it. Gross.

I was reading reviews of the finale and some touched on how much better season 3's finale was. I forgot about how great it was! Seriously, Amanda whacking Victoria with a shovel in a cemetery and admitting her to a mental institution while Victoria was yelling "She's Amanda Clarke!" was fucking outstanding! Comparing the two, I do wish the show would've ended there. But again at least with the season 4 finale we have closure.

Yeah I knew she was raped but I didn't know her father did it. Gross.

I was reading reviews of the finale and some touched on how much better season 3's finale was. I forgot about how great it was! Seriously, Amanda whacking Victoria with a shovel in a cemetery and admitting her to a mental institution while Victoria was yelling "She's Amanda Clarke!" was fucking outstanding! Comparing the two, I do wish the show would've ended there. But again at least with the season 4 finale we have closure.

Yep, I was commenting on the season 3 finale a bit back as well. Basically, the show should have been Season 1 into Season 3 and end it (but don't have Emily's dad show up at the very end of season 3; have someone else kill Conrad). Season 2 was basically completely wiped out in the first episode of Season 3 anyway (excluding a few characters that died/left).

You know who I wish had returned for the final season? Ashley. Remember her? Probably not because she was generally a terrible character, but man, having her pop up at the end for some stupid reason would have been fun.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yep, I was commenting on the season 3 finale a bit back as well. Basically, the show should have been Season 1 into Season 3 and end it (but don't have Emily's dad show up at the very end of season 3; have someone else kill Conrad). Season 2 was basically completely wiped out in the first episode of Season 3 anyway (excluding a few characters that died/left).

You know who I wish had returned for the final season? Ashley. Remember her? Probably not because she was generally a terrible character, but man, having her pop up at the end for some stupid reason would have been fun.

At the least it would have been cool to show some of those surviving characters watching Amanda's interview or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom