• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge Season 4 |OT| We’re going back to the Hamptons - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGamer

I've been watching this season with indifference, but I'm here for Anna Espinosa in the Hamptons.

And Emily needs to have Jack and other cop wrestle in oil for her affections

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
"There's been a death in the family Mrs. Grayson"

Who do you guys think it will turn out to be? I have a feeling it's Patrick...

... please be Charlotte, please be Charlotte

I'm here for Anna Espinosa in the Hamptons.

Me too! Nice, a fellow Alias fan :)

giphy.gif

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"There's been a death in the family Mrs. Grayson"

Who do you guys think it will turn out to be? I have a feeling it's Patrick...

... please be Charlotte, please be Charlotte

I mean, ideally Charlotte, but it would suck not getting the satisfaction of seeing that on screen. I think the actress said she wouldn't be on the show anymore though. It'll probably just be some other family member we haven't seen, like Victoria's mom or a cousin or some other relation nobody cares about.

Omzz

this show just feels so off now that characters have been killed

emily has faced much worse, but the show is pushing margaux to oppose her. REALLY? ugh just finish it already

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Margaux is just so lame.

Also, Helen Hunt is directing next week's episode apparently for some reason.

TripOpt55

Seriously Margaux as Emily's rival is so awful. Comparing her to former rivals like Victoria and Conrad just makes it even more ridiculous.

Omzz

Louise is so dumb. After one sweet talking at the door "he's turning over a new leaf". A little too convenient for the writers

and yeah Margaux is annoying as fuck. Such a bad villain compared to others

Emily is going to squash her like a bug, Margaux is being an idiot over going after Jack and I think its a ridiculous plot, given that the entire thing is Victoria and Conrad's fault, and nobody elses.

Perhaps if her Dad wasn't such a dick he would still be a live.

Yeah, the show is clearly running on fumes at this point. Honestly, it probably would've been better off as a tight two seasons instead of stretching it out, but...well, here we are.

Yeah, the show is clearly running on fumes at this point. Honestly, it probably would've been better off as a tight two seasons instead of stretching it out, but...well, here we are.

If they'd some how ran season 3 after season 1 and never made season 2 I would agree with you. As it stands, I think ending it right after season 3 would have been near-perfect, all they would have had to change is to not bring back David from the dead and have someone else kill Conrad.

Why the hell are Nolan and Louise actually acting married? I seriously thought it was just to get her out of the grasp of her family. It's crazy to me that they're trying to keep it up so much.

This season seems all over the place.

Margaux has just lied, she's still an idiot and Victoria is going to be on the war path, they have what, 5 episodes (?) to kill her off and end it.

dLMN8R

lol here's my guess for the rest of the season.

1) Security camera / dash cam from cab driver conveniently caught the accident on video
2) Margaux's dude manages to get his hands on the video, edits it to show what happens, all seems lost
3) Emily / Nolan get their hands on the real video through ***computer magic***
4) Emily shows the video to Margaux, gives her one last chance at peace

lol here's my guess for the rest of the season.

1) Security camera / dash cam from cab driver conveniently caught the accident on video
2) Margaux's dude manages to get his hands on the video, edits it to show what happens, all seems lost
3) Emily / Nolan get their hands on the real video through ***computer magic***
4) Emily shows the video to Margaux, gives her one last chance at peace

I like my plot better:

Zombie Declan comes back and infects everyone with the Hampton-Z virus (developed by the Initiative); the show switches genres to horror/survival and Emily, David, Victoria, Nolan, and Jack work together to save humanity (Louise and Ben die tragically as the outbreak is just beginning). The show title is spun-off to "Revenge... of the Zombies."

catmincer

I like my plot better:

Zombie Declan comes back and infects everyone with the Hampton-Z virus (developed by the Initiative); the show switches genres to horror/survival and Emily, David, Victoria, Nolan, and Jack work together to save humanity (Louise and Ben die tragically as the outbreak is just beginning). The show title is spun-off to "Revenge... of the Zombies."

I'd watch that tbh.

I suppose it had to happen at some point.

I expect Victoria and David to die in the shows finale. I like Margaux to as well for being so bloody stupid but I guess she won't.

Not a bad episode, is sort of plodding along though. Im sad that Louise is pissed off with Nolan too, I like her.

TripOpt55

Ending to this latest one was pretty interesting. Show has been pretty boring lately, but I'm curious what will happen next at least at the moment.

G0523

That felt like a glorified clip show. The show definitely feels like it is ramping up for the end though.

Yeah, and this promo sure is implying that the show is ending after this season. Hopefully it'll go out with a bang. Revenge always seems to be most interesting near the beginning and ending of each season.

Omzz

uh oh...bye victoria. this should at least confirm the end is near

also louise is the most useless fucking character

dLMN8R

LOL @ this article:

http://tvline.com/2015/04/17/revenge-character-returning-conrad-charlotte-season-4-spoilers/

Mason was such an obvious guess after last week's episode that, after I read the above tease, I had to believe it was someone else.

But nope, just Mason.

Especially considering this:
Thanks to ABC releasing photos from the April 26 episode, we know that Roger Bart will be back as Mason Treadwell before the finale. But we’d like to think the network is a little more protective of spoilers than that, meaning it’s possible someone even more important than Mason could be on the way.

EulaCapra

Jesus christ! 'Tis the end indeed! I thought the surprise would be Lydia, but that didn't matter when those last seconds happened!

The explosion was spoiled in promos but I didn't think Victoria would stick around to watch! Three Graysons dead within 21 episodes! You don't see that everyday when the first billed cast member gets offed.

G0523

You guys know Victoria is still alive, right? She's survived so many situations throughout the series where she should've been dead. She's like Liquid Snake at this point. She's practically immortal.

EulaCapra

Uh no. Victoria's dead. Madeleine Stowe confirms it.

TVLINE | I’ll admit, I was surprised to see how it all went down. What was your reaction when you found out this was happening?

Here’s the background on this: I’m very story centric, and I felt strongly at different junctures that there were perfect opportunities to end Victoria’s story — once at the end of Season 1, but nobody wanted to do that. [Laughs] The other was at the end of Season 3, and I really felt her story was done there. I had a long discussion with the writers, with [showrunner] Sunil [Nayar], with some executives from ABC … and I said, “What is a compelling reason to bring her back, aside from just to bring her back? This is a perfect ending right here. It satisfies something for the audience; Emily got her revenge, put her adversary in the rubber room and Conrad’s gone.” But they felt there was more to tell, and they had the right to exercise that option. Going into this season, I really felt that it was time, so this was the end result.

TVLINE | So, is this the last we’ve seen of Victoria Grayson?

You’ll see some stuff in flashbacks, which will explain more about what her state of mind was. Some people feel that Victoria’s story hadn’t fully wrapped up, so there should be — unless something has changed — some very strong revelations which we shot. You’ll get to understand her a little more.
More at the link but it sounded like Stowe wanted Victoria dead every season lol.

Jarrod38

Was reading over at IMDB and someone made a good point with Vic out of the way now her death could look like a murder pining it on Amanda...

TripOpt55

Oh wow. Didn't know that. I felt like Victoria could live through anything. She practically has. At least she ended it on her own terms.

I thought the same as you. I was like, "Nah they won't kill her like that. She'll be back." I mean it seems like there was no way she could live through that scene, but I still thought she would... haha. So I guess that ending was a bit more impactful than I suspected at the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom