• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge Season 4 |OT| We’re going back to the Hamptons - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

The only thing I didn't understand about
Daniel's
death was why Jack didn't call 911 or backup or something. He's a freaking cop!

Omzz

after that last phone call with margaux i was sure of it that daniel was gonna get offed

victoria fucking up her own family be her damn self

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn, that wasn't bad. Makes sense since Daniel was probably the most likeable he's been since season 1.

TripOpt55

Not sure how I feel about that. Really liked the episode and the ending was definitely surprising, but not sure I like losing him on the show.

Not sure how I feel about that. Really liked the episode and the ending was definitely surprising, but not sure I like losing him on the show.

I feel like they're putting themselves on the path towards the end of the show. If it manages to get a Season 5, I suspect that will be the end. They've been killing off people left and right: Amanda, Jack's brother, Conrad, Aidan, Daniel - there are probably others. Charlotte has left too, I like the show but with all these people gone its clearly getting towards the end.

I suspect Victoria will eventually die, and I think David will too which will allow Emily and Jack to finally have their romance and get together at the end but the whole idea of the show was Revenge for David. The shady group behind it all are gone, Conrad is gone and most of his family aren't around one way or another as well as most of the other people.

The David storyline of Malcolm black seems a bit weak to me and I don't think it will be very exciting even when he does eventually turn up...

dLMN8R

Weird, I thought ABC confirmed when Revenge was renewed for season 4 that this was the final season. So this entire time I've just been assuming as much. But looking around, I guess that was never confirmed?

G0523

I like how some people are spoiling last night's death and some aren't. Lol.

The David storyline of Malcolm Black seems a bit weak to me and I don't think it will be very exciting even when he does eventually turn up...

I agree. I was pretty bored watching it last night until Emily and Kate's fight scene. It's reminding me of the Initiative from season 2. That's not good.

Weird, I thought ABC confirmed when Revenge was renewed for season 4 that this was the final season. So this entire time I've just been assuming as much. But looking around, I guess that was never confirmed?
Nope, ABC never confirmed it. But with how low the show's ratings are now, I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled after this year. Hopefully they won't leave us on a cliffhanger.

Patriots7

I actually forgot that there was a moment in time when Emily was actually in love with Daniel.

Flashback at the funeral was pretty moving.

I don't really under why they don't just tell Margaux what happened... if it came from Victoria (assuming she was willing) then she'd probably understand...

Omzz

with the way this season is going, I'll be surprised if this show is renewed. feels like they'll end it, to me :S

G0523

I zoned out halfway through the episode. :/ Why am I supposed to care about the red-headed crazy chick who keeps seeing Barb from Cougar Town again? And Margoux wants...something for Daniel and will stop at nothing to clear his good(?) name.
If only there was a show for this kind of thing.
There's way too many new/extraneous characters now and it's hard to keep up or care about them. Apparently, Jack's cop buddy is now a series regular and keeps on wanting to bang Emily or something? Why should I care? And yet throughout all of this, Victoria is still fucking indestructible. (She could give Superman some tips on staying alive.) I'm really hoping this is the last season.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This show has been a boring mess for most of the season, but the last 3 episodes have been quite good. I'm actually looking forward to next week.

Have there been any announcements about Season 5, or is this the last?

Omzz

with the way it's going, David and Emily will have their happy ending at the end of the season and that'll be the end

so yeah i think this is the last season

I zoned out halfway through the episode. :/ Why am I supposed to care about the red-headed crazy chick who keeps seeing Barb from Cougar Town again? And Margoux wants...something for Daniel and will stop at nothing to clear his good(?) name.
If only there was a show for this kind of thing.
There's way too many new/extraneous characters now and it's hard to keep up or care about them. Apparently, Jack's cop buddy is now a series regular and keeps on wanting to bang Emily or something? Why should I care? And yet throughout all of this, Victoria is still fucking indestructible. (She could give Superman some tips on staying alive.) I'm really hoping this is the last season.

I haven't seen the most recent episode, but I agree. The show just got so crazy with random characters popping up without adding anything significantly interesting to the plot. It just became a chaotic mess of minor/pointless characters that I have a hard time caring about.

All I really want now is for Victoria to win. She's a terrible person too, but she's lost basically everyone now except for Charlotte (who hates her anyway, really, and is physically no longer with Victoria)... so I'd find some twisted enjoyment if she finally beats Emily, I guess.

This show has been a boring mess for most of the season, but the last 3 episodes have been quite good. I'm actually looking forward to next week.

Have there been any announcements about Season 5, or is this the last?

No official word as far as I know, but I'm guessing it'll end at the end of this season.

TripOpt55

This show has just completely lost steam. I don't care much about anybody outside of Emily, Nolan, Victoria and Jack. Margaux going at it with Emily holds no appeal to me. I don't give a shit about Louise and her family drama and she seems to just be keeping Nolan away from the main plot. The whole Malcolm Black plot was pretty meh. I feel Conrad and Daniel's presence are both missed.

Not only do I hope this is the final season, I kind of wish last year was. With a couple tweaks (like not bringing back David and getting Emily and Jack together), I think last year could have ended the series well.

Gibbo

This show has just completely lost steam. I don't care much about anybody outside of Emily, Nolan, Victoria and Jack. Margaux going at it with Emily holds no appeal to me. I don't give a shit about Louise and her family drama and she seems to just be keeping Nolan away from the main plot. The whole Malcolm Black plot was pretty meh. I feel Conrad and Daniel's presence are both missed.

Not only do I hope this is the final season, I kind of wish last year was. With a couple tweaks (like not bringing back David and getting Emily and Jack together), I think last year could have ended the series well.

My thoughts exactly. If they had ended the series with emily telling jack who she was just when he was about to shoot greyson, would have been a good end to the series.

And we still have 10 more episodes for the writers to finish ruining this show before it gets suddenly canned and we're left with no solid ending. I can feel it now. What the hell were they thinking with all they horrid side characters?

And we still have 10 more episodes for the writers to finish ruining this show before it gets suddenly canned and we're left with no solid ending. I can feel it now. What the hell were they thinking with all they horrid side characters?

We already got the solid ending, David is alive and he and Amanda have reconciled after initial issues.

They will probably kill David off for shock factor at the end but I can see it coming a mile off, also Victoria will die as Emily kills her. I don't really understand why they're killing everyone off now, if they have any intention of renewing it which I assume they don't.

Im a bit surprised the Malcolm Black stuff ended so quickly though, he was in it for a whole what, 3 episodes?

We already got the solid ending, David is alive and he and Amanda have reconciled after initial issues.

They will probably kill David off for shock factor at the end but I can see it coming a mile off, also Victoria will die as Emily kills her. I don't really understand why they're killing everyone off now, if they have any intention of renewing it which I assume they don't.

Im a bit surprised the Malcolm Black stuff ended so quickly though, he was in it for a whole what, 3 episodes?

Three episodes too long.

After Margoux, what else can they do really? I still think it will get 1 more season just to put it at the 100 episode mark and then hopefully they call it a day.

The Malcolm Black story and Kate stuff were so horrible. I'm thankful it ended rapidly and honestly just sad it existed at all.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Caught up on the latest ep. WHAT a mess. Jack continues to be a moron. Then an anti-climatic showdown with Malcolm Black, ok so that ended rather abruptly. But now they are making MARGEAUX the main villain? Are you kidding me? She couldn't intimidate a horsefly let alone Emily. No wonder the actor who played Daniel asked to be written off of this trainwreck of a show.

The good will they built up with me over the last few pretty decent episodes is gone.

OK, so I just stumbled onto this website having never heard of it before, but some of their .jpgs made me laugh.

Lpusgss.jpg

It's so damn true, but you could probably also replace the "2" with "4" in a few months and it'll be equally true.

Also, why the hell has Nolan been regulated to nothing more than a babysitter for Louise, a character no one cares about? RIP Nolan having an interesting story line. And with Louise murdering her father? I called that shit, almost:

Oh, and I suspect that Louise's mom is real, but as far as any times we've seen her so far in the show, she has just been a hallucination of Louise's. I bet we will later find out that Louise's mom died quite some time ago under suspicious circumstances... which, once Nolan retrieves her archived criminal records, we'll discover that it is likely that Louise herself killed her mother.

So, Louise's mom is alive and real, but Louise apparently killed her own father instead. Close enough.

Patriots7

I don't get blaming Emily for Margaux's dad's death.
Nor Daniel's.

Victoria is the reason Daniel died.
Conrad is the reason Pascale died.

dbztrk

I hate that Daniel was killed off especially considering that the actor was so fucking hot. However, the show kinda sucks. So I can see why the actor wanted out.

I don't get blaming Emily for Margaux's dad's death.
Nor Daniel's.

Victoria is the reason Daniel died.
Conrad is the reason Pascale died.

Yeh its a stupid plot, I know Margaux is grieving for Daniel but its all happened because they framed David in the first place, all of it comes back To Victoria and Conrad, i'd have thought Margaux would be smart enough to realise that.

I look forward to her death

Margaux as the new villain seems fine to me. Victoria was running out of causes anyway and if they're gonna keep the show going they've got to do something. Margaux is better than whatever the hell they tried to do with Malcolm Black at least.

The only major arcs left, as I can see it, are the following three:

1) Emily's romance with... Jack or maybe Ben? Not that they've brought this up in a long time, but I'm pretty certain Emily and Jack will end up together. P.S. Where the fuck is Jack's son in all of this?
2) Nolan and Louise (Lolan? Noluise?) vs. Louise's mother... which let's be honest, no one gives a shit.
3) Margaux vs. Emily/David and maybe Victoria joining Emily's side. I cannot see this ending well for Margaux though, but I could see it coming full circle and Victoria literally dying to save Emily's life similar to what almost happened with the Malcolm Black hostage situation.

Bonus:
4) The Initiative return to mess everyone up, because sure, why the hell not?
5) Zombie Declan comes back and infects everyone with the Hampton-Z virus (developed by the Initiative); the show switches genres to horror/survival and Emily, David, Victoria, Nolan, and Jack work together to save humanity (Louise and Ben die tragically as the outbreak is just beginning). The show title is spun-off to "Revenge... of the Zombies."

G0523

Tonight's episode seemed to wrap up a lot of storylines, which...thank God because they were draaaaaaaaagggggging. But now "oh no, Jack really is in love with Amanda but she's with his cop buddy" and Victoria is trying to maintain her queen bitch status to some new black chick. She's so much better than that (although I did like seeing all the cattiness flying).

The show's not back till March 4 by the way. Gives us a nice break so we don't have to suffer...for now. I think there's 8 episodes left? But at the same time, there's 8 whole episodes left. Groan. I really hope they start really wrapping everything up. The writing is on the wall. This show is dunzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom