• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge Season 4 |OT| We’re going back to the Hamptons - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLMN8R

So is David totally playing Victoria or something? First he's all welcoming her, then in the police station he basically implies he knows she's fucked with him, but then he turns around again and welcomes her on stage?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So is David totally playing Victoria or something? First he's all welcoming her, then in the police station he basically implies he knows she's fucked with him, but then he turns around again and welcomes her on stage?

I thought that was pretty stupid. Good episode though. I was surprised they had that happen so quickly.

KidJr

I think this season has started off pretty stale tbh.

I think Conrad was the highlight of the show for me and with him gone now it's kind of like whos my over the top ridiculously tongue in cheek bad guy

It's pretty obvious David knows who Emily really is. So after what he told Victoria last night, it looks clear to me he is the male Emily and will play both sides to find out whats really going on. Watching David in that interrogation room was basically like watching Emily.

TripOpt55

I definitely felt he was playing Victoria. I will say David being alive isn't quite as bad as I'd thought it'd be, but I'm still not convinced it was a good idea. I'm reserving judgment I guess.

I still laugh every week at how random Jack becoming a cop this season was. Like in a fun way though I guess.

Guess I was wrong in thinking that David knew who Emily was. Still, this episode was prrety frustrating. Why didn't Nolan or Jack just bring David to Emily? Even more so, now David is just becoming more Emily like by going on his own quest for Revenge. Then we have the lame plot line with Jack's partner trying to put Conrad's murder on Jack even with his perfect alibi.

Overall, even though it might not happen, I really feel this show should end with Season 5. Give it 100+ episodes and call it a day.

Niraj

hopefully this means we dont see charlotte for a while

I guess it depends on what that letter said. I'm sure we'll see her sooner than we hope :(

I was wondering what the point of the Jack+partner shit was until he found the double infinity. Hopefully that doesn't end up being stupid.

catmincer

I guess it depends on what that letter said. I'm sure we'll see her sooner than we hope :(

I was wondering what the point of the Jack+partner shit was until he found the double infinity. Hopefully that doesn't end up being stupid.

Eye candy. That's all the partner is there for.

Niraj

Damn, finally. Was surprised they didn't stretch that out to the midseason finale lol

dLMN8R

So basically David has been out of prison this entire time, ever since he survived getting stabbed in prison, and was stalking and taking pictures of fake-Amanda the entire time?

I guess he couldn't come forward until the truth about his innocence was revealed...? But we're supposed to believe that entire time he never noticed real-Amanda/Emily with her?

So basically David has been out of prison this entire time, ever since he survived getting stabbed in prison, and was stalking and taking pictures of fake-Amanda the entire time?

I guess he couldn't come forward until the truth about his innocence was revealed...? But we're supposed to believe that entire time he never noticed real-Amanda/Emily with her?

Possibly someone else took the photos for him and missed the times Emily and Amanda were together some how? I doubt he'd risk taking the photos himself if he was so determined to stay hidden.

Also... No Charlette this episode and Victoria getting fucked up at the end? Best episode in a while.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
wow this thread is dead. Anyone still watching this show? I'm *this* close to giving up on this show. The way they've bungled the whole Emily/David reunion and him not immediately taking his daughter's side is just ridiculous. Of all the people I know that watched the show irl I'm the only one left..... This episode was so boring I just half paid attention while browsing GAF. What a mess.

G0523

I'm still watching it. While I am disappointed that tonight's episode was pretty boring, I am super happy that Amanda came out to her father sooner rather than later. I also hate that plot device of a mental patient in that redhead. Her time was up loooonnng ago. I won't be surprised if she ends up dead before this season is over. I'm kinda hoping they'll just wrap things up after this season and be done with it.

wow this thread is dead. Anyone still watching this show? I'm *this* close to giving up on this show. The way they've bungled the whole Emily/David reunion and him not immediately taking his daughter's side is just ridiculous. Of all the people I know that watched the show irl I'm the only one left..... This episode was so boring I just half paid attention while browsing GAF. What a mess.

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but I was multi-tasking like that for nearly the entirety of season 2 and all the stupid "Initiative" stuff. Due to my lack of paying attention I actually got super confused for a while during season 2... but maybe it was just that the plots and arcs were pointless and nonsensical anyway. I almost gave up watching because of that season, but season 3 was a bit of a recovery and I was hopeful for season 4. I still enjoy the show now, but really, I just want to see how they wrap it all up. The season 3 ending, minus David returning, would have been an awesome series finale... so now I don't know what they'll do to end it at the end of this or next season that can top the series finale that season 3 could have been.

So, I guess, I'll keep watching because I'm invested, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone else anymore. It's just not the greatness it once was (during season 1). The crazy thing is, its ranking has gone up each season from #56 --> #43 --> #39 for the first three seasons, respectively (no ranking for season 4 really yet). Over the course of the first 7 episodes of this season it is averaging 5 million viewers. I can't compare season 1 because it was on a Wednesday night slot, but season 2 averaged 8.4 million per episode over the first 7 episodes and season 3 averaged 6.4 million over the first 7 episodes... so we've gone from 8.4 --> 6.4 --> 5 million viewers to start each season. Seems to me that's a bad sign.

Niraj

I usually record and watch a bit later. There are good moments here and there, but yeah, like Soka said, this show peaked really early, and the rest was just hoping it would somehow get back to that. Season 2 was just such a drop in quality and a rise in stupidity that it killed most of my enthusiasm. There are still cool points here and there, and season 3 was better than season 2 by a respectable margin, but I can't help but feel like the David twist was just stupid. I haven't seen anything yet this season that has made me think otherwise yet, but I guess it's not even halfway through. Even then, I'm not expecting much, but I'm riding it out. But it's been a long time since I've watched this show without playing my 3DS or something at the same time.

TripOpt55

While David being back hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected coming into the season, it doesn't seem particularly worthwhile either. And they really bungled the reunion this week. Bleh. The crazy redhead is straight up terrible. When she talks to her "mom" or whatever... I just can't believe what I'm watching.

I still sort of enjoy the show though. And Emily Van Camp sure is pretty.

Niraj

Episode was alright. Figured Emily wouldn't let it go, but I actually thought she was going to burn her tattoo off for a second lol. That FBI girl does move fast. That's the same actress who played the reporter that Quinn was banging on Dexter, right? She seemed familiar and that's all I could think of. I kind of want to see what Nolan will do with crazy girl. Hopefully it's fun. And yeah, David is frustrating, but I guess they have to have tension somewhere :/

Anyone else kind of miss Conrad? He was one of the high points along with Emily and Nolan imo.

Omzz

Anyone else kind of miss Conrad? He was one of the high points along with Emily and Nolan imo.

don't worry. it'll be revealed soon that conrad is still alive

Nolan is the only likeable character in this show. after seein that iPad of Victoria shops, the "why cant I have normal friends" made me laugh quite a bit

Team Nolan! He really can't catch a break though. I am curious what the point of him buying the bar is, besides a vague attempt to keep him and frenchie talking. But after the interview surely that would had been enough.

G0523

The crazy redhead is straight up terrible. When she talks to her "mom" or whatever... I just can't believe what I'm watching.

That's the probably her only redeeming factor if only because the mom is played by Barb from Cougar Town. Lol.

David being alive wasnt a surprise but the way they've taken it is really really lame. I dont find it compelling at all, unfortunately which is a shame as I generally really like the show

rjinaz

That's the probably her only redeeming factor if only because the mom is played by Barb from Cougar Town. Lol.

Is her mom even real? I mean I don't even know, she is crazy after all.

I think the show lost me when David drove away in the ambulance with Emily standing watching. I want Victoria to be killed off so bad but I know they won't because her being a pain in the ass is basically the whole premise of the show at this point. These characters are all horrible people. Basically I keep watching because I like somewhat Jack (mostly because of Roswell) and Nolan and Emily VanCamp is so damn sexy.

I'm just going to let it be background noise as I do other things. Let me know if the characters become likable or even remotely human again.

I think the show lost me when David drove away in the ambulance with Emily standing watching. I want Victoria to be killed off so bad but I know they won't because her being a pain in the ass is basically the whole premise of the show at this point. These characters are all horrible people. Basically I keep watching because I like somewhat Jack (mostly because of Roswell) and Nolan and Emily VanCamp is so damn sexy.

I'm just going to let it be background noise as I do other things. Let me know if the characters become likable or even remotely human again.

That's my issue. There are no plots left related to the original revenge-seeking except for Victoria... and since David is alive, some of the major validations for the revenge are no longer there. The stuff with Louise is just a stupid side plot. No one cares about Daniel or Margeux. Nolan is great but he's just Emily's side-kick. Jack and his cop bro are fine but even they just revolve around Emily.

Basically, Emily is the main character that had a very interesting and justifiable goal in season 1. Now that it's season 4 and she has enacted revenge on a bunch of people and also found out that one of the major motivators for the revenge isn't even true... there's just nothing left to do for the show besides make up stupid mini-arcs. Truly, the absolute best plot now, or what would have been the best plot if they'd started with the idea from episode 1 of season 4, is to make Victoria the protagonist hell-bent on getting revenge against Emily for all of her evil/psychopathic wrong-doings. But... that's not safe enough is my guess and far too big of a re-arrangement of the show, so I doubt that'll ever happen.

Oh, and I suspect that Louise's mom is real, but as far as any times we've seen her so far in the show, she has just been a hallucination of Louise's. I bet we will later find out that Louise's mom died quite some time ago under suspicious circumstances... which, once Nolan retrieves her archived criminal records, we'll discover that it is likely that Louise herself killed her mother.

Jarrod38

No the mom isn't real all in her head.
On a side note I really hate Margaux haircut this season way to short this season.

G0523

No the mom isn't real all in her head.
On a side note I really hate Margaux haircut this season way too short this season.

I really hate that they're trying to make Margaux and Daniel a couple now. They established last season that they were just friends and nothing more since they were kids. And I liked that comradery they had with each other. Now they threw sex into the equation and it just leaves a bad taste.

Niraj

I really hate that they're trying to make Margaux and Daniel a couple now. They established last season that they were just friends and nothing more since they were kids. And I liked that comradery they had with each other. Now they threw sex into the equation and it just leaves a bad taste.

Well, wasn't in implied that they had liked each other back in the day? I know one of the first moments she was on the show she tried to seduce Daniel, but he said no.

I need to catch up on some episodes on my DVR, but it's nice to hear that the show is climbing it's way back up in the ratings. :)

G0523

Well, wasn't in implied that they had liked each other back in the day? I know one of the first moments she was on the show she tried to seduce Daniel, but he said no.

I don't recall that. But still, it just doesn't seem right.

I thought in an earlier episode one of them said they used to have sex when they were younger and in Paris but I can't completely remember

Omzz

you know what, as bad as it would be if this were to happen. i want to see Daniel and Amanda get back together just to see the reaction on Victoria's face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom