• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 info coming Friday... aka Wednesday (scans pg4)

Jonnyram

http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracer7/index.php

If the public unveiling is coming on Friday, expect leaked info on Wednesday when the JP guys get their mitts on Famitsu early. This is the PS3 title I look forward to most - RR6 was awesome.

This suggests that the pre-TGS news flood is starting this week. Could be quite a bit of info this Wednesday.

llTll

Banned
Jonnyram said:
http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracer7/index.php

If the public unveiling is coming on Friday, expect leaked info on Wednesday when the JP guys get their mitts on Famitsu early. This is the PS3 title I look forward to most - RR6 was awesome.

This suggests that the pre-TGS news flood is starting this week. Could be quite a bit of info this Wednesday.

thats awsome news.

should we expect any screen shots?

EDIT:

also, this upcoming friday or the next?

Wollan

I think the platform RR6 was put on has alot to blame for it's sales. Or rather, RR fans have always seemed to be people who are into Namco games generally and other eastern games so they stick to the PS family.

llTll

Banned
Wollan said:
I think the platform RR6 was put on has alot to blame for it's sales. Or rather, RR fans have always seemed to be people who are into Namco games generally and other eastern games so they stick to the PS family.

Namco tested this on N64. and now it did again with 360. both failer.

i think they will stick with the ps [psp/ps2/ps3] from now on

M3wThr33

Banned
llTll said:

Does Konami think the same way?

Testing with MGS2:S and Twin Snakes?

Striek

I'm not really interested in this at launch. Motorstorm is my racing purchase and I might also give Fatal Inertia a lookover. Ridge Racer 2 PSP will give me the R fix.

llTll

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Does Konami think the same way?

Testing with MGS2:S and Twin Snakes?

pretty much. besides, i really think it has something to do with being loyal and money from sony or special treatment like for example less fees for these games.

but i highly doubt we will see any Metal Gear solid game outside of PS anymore. thus MGS3 was ps2 exclusive and so is MGS4

But lets not get way off-topic.

i am really intrested to see how the game changed graphicly, as the developers saying PS3 gave them their dream vesion of RR game or something like that back when it was annouced for ps3

Nvidia

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
This thread needs more Kaz

HiraiKaz1_CMD_SS.jpg
..hey everybody, it's ridge racer, riiiiiiidgee raaceeerrrrr:)

Acosta

Ridge Racer 6 was fantastic. But can´t avoid thinking that Ridge Racer 7 is the "real deal". I really want to see it.

llTll said:
Namco tested this on N64. and now it did again with 360. both failed.

Ridge Racer 64 failed because it was a broken down piece of shit. Shame on the 360 owners for not getting this though(Course it came out at the same time as PGR3 which just happened to be $10 cheaper as well).

Namco has always been a general PS developer though. Sure they've done a couple games on other systems but they've all been more or less "experiments". They port to other systems when it is convenient for them.

Examples:
Soul Calibur on DC, Soul Calibur 2 multiplatform, Tales of Symphonia GC(PS2 got a release later on though), Tekken Advance, along with a handful of odds and ends that probably got a PS release anyway.

Well wait wait wait. Xbox did get Breakdown so I can't hate them for that. Actually I still can because they're never doing a sequel(which would probably go on the PS3 anyway so eh)

That said I'm really looking forward to RR7. Though I'll probably look for a code to unlock all of the cars or something for it, RR6's singleplayer endgame has me hating life(I think I've worn three layers of skin off of my index fingers)

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
All I want is for it to loop the last four seconds of the RR2 PSP intro over and over again.

If it does more, it's patently the best game in the history of the videogaming medium.

jarrod

Banned
llTll said:

Namco had almost nothing to do with RR64, outside licensing the brand. Same for RRDS (though at least they published that version themselves).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
Namco had almost nothing to do with RR64, outside licensing the brand. Same for RRDS (though at least they published that version themselves).
Yet it remains a Namco product, which is the point.

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Yet it remains a Namco product, which is the point.
But Namco wasn't "testing the waters" or anything. Nintendo felt they needed a RR and approached Namco, not the reverse. RR64 is only a "Namco Product" in name, it's like calling GoldenEye 64 an "MGM Product" or calling Kingdom Hearts a "Disney Product" or calling Madden 2006 an "NFL Product".

Can't we just forget RR64 ever existed?

I'm trying but everyone else keeps bringing it up. :(
It's like the time I got my two front teeth pulled out.

Ridge Racer 64 is to Namco as a fish is to a hat. If you can make any sense of that feel free to NOT pm me about it. Don't worry I'm done polluting this thread.

llTll

Banned
jarrod said:
But Namco wasn't "testing the waters" or anything. Nintendo felt they needed a RR and approached Namco, not the reverse. RR64 is only a "Namco Product" in name, it's like calling GoldenEye 64 an "MGM Product" or calling Kingdom Hearts a "Disney Product" or calling Madden 2006 an "NFL Product".

you are missing the point.

regardless who developed RR on xbox360,N64, whatever. its just those games flopped on those systems, thus namco will not bother to make a new game on that console. because it wont sell..

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
llTll said:

regardless who developed RR on xbox360,N64, whatever. its just those games flopped on those systems, thus namco will not bother to make a new game on that console. because it wont sell..

Well I don't think it's valid to use the RR64 as some judge of future sales.... it's 2 consoles removed at this point.

Elios83

I hope Namco makes something more ambitious than Ridge Racer for PSP with better graphics,but probably I will be disappointed.

crunker99

dont kid yourself, its pretty much goign ot be more of 6, whish isnt a bad thing, dont get me wrong, it just isnt anything revolutionary

llTll said:

If you pack a turd in a box(hello RR64) and have it compete against MK64, FzeroX, and a shit-ton of other superior racers of course it's going to flop. You then go on to release RR6 against a $10 cheaper PGR3 and expect decent sales? what?

Soul Calibur 2 did well on all three consoles yet somehow Soul Calibur 3 was PS2 exclusive. HMM
Tales of Symphonia did great on GC so where's Legendia, Destiny 2, a thousand other ports on the GC? Oh but you can't have the PS2 not getting Symphonia love though(at least in Japan)

Namco has been Sony biased since the dawn of time...well at least since the PSX was released. :D

They "experiment" and even when the results are successful they always go back to Sony.

But that's not why I hate on them. I have better reasons for that.

Sgt. Killjoy said:
being ported to 360?:lol

don't ban me

I uh...I wish. :(

don't ban me either!

ourumov said:
Hope they recover the roots of the series...and not continue "dumbizing" de controls...

Considering how dumb the controls in RR were to begin with I think any step is a step up. Haters can say what they want but the nitrous system adds a lot to RR6 and I hope RR7 runs with that.

llTll

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
If you pack a turd in a box(hello RR64) and have it compete against MK64, FzeroX, and a shit-ton of other superior racers of course it's going to flop. You then go on to release RR6 against a $10 cheaper PGR3 and expect decent sales? what?

and i can give you another 100 excuse why the game failed [ aside from its technical problems ]

but at the end of the day, it remains the same to namco, the game flopped. that what matters to them not the excuses matters. this is business.

DarienA said:
Well I don't think it's valid to use the RR64 as some judge of future sales.... it's 2 consoles removed at this point.

i was just speaking in general. but then again, RR6 on 360 was awsome game. still flopped.

Top Bottom