• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 info coming Friday... aka Wednesday (scans pg4)

Jonnyram

If GT:HD comes out the same day as RR7, don't you think there'll be a negative impact for our arcade drifting friend?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Jonnyram said:
If GT:HD comes out the same day as RR7, don't you think there'll be a negative impact for our arcade drifting friend?

While there is some crossover, those games appeal to two very different racing crowds...

llTll

Banned
DarienA said:
While there is some crossover, those games appeal to two very different racing crowds...

same could have been said for RR6 and PGR 3 :D

even though, PGR3 is not as sim as GT, but still

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
llTll said:
same could have been said for RR6 and PGR 3 :D

even though, PGR3 is not as sim as GT, but still

Uh.... what? PGR3 and RR6 are MUCH closer than GT/RR. PGR3 is much more arcadey than the GT series. RR and PGR being released at the same time would/did hurt RR because RR at this point has become very niche with a driving model that is barely based in reality.

Ceb

Jonnyram said:

If it means RR7 will be a free pack-in, then no.

If it means RR7 will never see the light of day, then yes.

Kittonwy

Banned
Jonnyram said:

I doubt it will come out the same day as RR7, so I'm not worried. Why should you be?
gladtomeetya.gif

Bad_Boy said:
QFT!

ENLARGED for EMPHASIS!
http://www.ps3camp.info/images/billet-jeux/2006-04/ridge_racer_7/RRA75.jpg[/img]

Sorry but lets be realistic

932650_20060614_screen006.jpg

932650_20060614_screen003.jpg

932650_20060614_screen005.jpg

Ridge Racer Type 4 was the last RR game I bought so I think I will buy this because I really enjoyed RR4

snatches

llTll said:
i dont know. for some reason i think RR7 on ps3 will look worst than the xbox 360. i hope i am wrong though

RR7 is basically RR6 with another year of dev time. It couldn't possibly look worse than the 360 version. If it doesn't look alot better, that spells trouble.

HocusPocus said:
...and there were two better racers on the 360 at launch. That's why it failed. :)

True. And I've been a fan of RR series, but it never had to fight for sales at a launch like it had to against the superb PGR3 and even more so the well turned-out and very popular NFSMW (still generally holding price).

yea RR7 looks a a bit sharper of course, but RR6 isn't that far off.

Now that RR6 is $20 though, i might buy it.

(or is what i just said banworthy?)

Captain N

RR7 is looking mighty nice and I sure do hope that it continues to look that good at it gets closer to the launch.

llTll

Banned
snatches said:
RR7 is basically RR6 with another year of dev time. It couldn't possibly look worse than the 360 version. If it doesn't look alot better, that spells trouble.

thats what i mean.

for some reasons, i dont want to start a war between ps3 and xbox 360. but i think ps3 in away less powerful than xbox 360. due Ram limitations and the fact Cell is 2.8G while xbox 360 is 3.2 [ i know it hasnt been confirmed that Cell is 2.8G, but many devs pointed to it. ]

those are the reasons why i think the ps3 version wont be that good in terms of graphics.

llTll said:
thats what i mean.

for some reasons, i dont want to start a war between ps3 and xbox 360. but i think ps3 in away less powerful than xbox 360. due Ram limitations and the fact Cell is 2.8G while xbox 360 is 3.2 [ i know it hasnt been confirmed that Cell is 2.8G, but many devs pointed to it. ]

those are the reasons why i think the ps3 version wont be that good in terms of graphics.

So even if your outlandish theory was true, do you think RR6 was pushing the 360 to its limits? If not then it wouldn't even matter.

llTll

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Sorry but lets be realistic

932650_20060614_screen006.jpg

932650_20060614_screen003.jpg

932650_20060614_screen005.jpg

Ridge Racer Type 4 was the last RR game I bought so I think I will buy this because I really enjoyed RR4

um sorry but those screens look too good to be true [ they are too clean ]. where is the AA and the other stuff. this look like target render

llTll

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
So even if your outlandish theory was true, do you think RR6 was pushing the 360 to its limits? If not then it wouldn't even matter.

well. no, it didnt max out the xbox 360. and neither it will max out the ps3 since its launch window game

Nvidia

Banned
llTll said:
thats what i mean.

for some reasons, i dont want to start a war between ps3 and xbox 360. but i think ps3 in away less powerful than xbox 360. due Ram limitations and the fact Cell is 2.8G while xbox 360 is 3.2[/I] [ i know it hasnt been confirmed that Cell is 2.8G, but many devs pointed to it. ]

cat_wtf.jpg

I need a link and source to that information

Nvidia

Banned
llTll said:
why you are so shocked about the xbox 360 specs?

"Custom, symmetrical, three-core CPU, each running at 3.2GHz; 500MHz ATI graphics processor; 512MB memory; built-in wireless—get the juicy details."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360/default.htm

as for Ram issues with PS3, everyone knows it. the OS takes around 92M from the total 512

and the fact Cell is 2.8G ????????????

Wtf? link please Are the black final development kits running at 2.8ghz

llTll

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
llTll you are seriously one the worst posters ever man. Stop being so gullible. You buy into retarded n00b logic too easily

haha at the worst poster. :lol

at least i am not that gullible to believe those clean shots with AA and everything are real time on ps3. :)

dont get too personal. i just type what i think. even though honestly. i would love to be wrong, as i am a graphics whore, i would love to see the games i love the most [ MGS4,FF, Ace combat, Tekken etc ] looking the best possible way on next gen hardware

Doom_Bringer said:
it's not. That was debunked at e3

i missed it. can you please link me?

Nvidia

Banned
llTll said:
haha at the worst poster. :lol

dont get too personal. i just type what i think. even though honestly. i would love to be wrong, as i am a graphics whore, i would love to see the games i love the most [ MGS4,FF, Ace combat, Tekken etc ] looking the best possible way on next gen hardware

i missed it. can you please link me?

If that not true what you posted about the ps3 final dev kits running at 28ghz just now then you are the worst poster on here

llTll

Banned
Nvidia said:
If that not true what you posted about the ps3 final dev kits running at 28ghz just now then you are the worst poster on here

i honestly don't have a link.. but i remember not too long ago that some devs on bd site [ forgot its name ] that some devs confirmed the Cell was running on 2.8G

i remember long time ago, on sony website, it used to say that Cell is 3G etc. now if you look at the official site, it no longer mentions any number, it just says Cell processor.

Nvidia

Banned
llTll said:
i honestly don't have a link.. but i remember not too long ago that some devs on b3d site [ whatever its name ] that some devs confirmed the Cell was running on 2.8G

i remember long time ago, on sony website, it used to say that Cell is 3G etc. now if you look at the offical site, it no longer mentions any number, it just says Cell processor.

dumb128.jpg

His english is bad but he does have a point. They might have downclocked both Cell and RSX due to heat issues. That's probably the reason why their official site doesn't list clock numbers anymore.

llTll said:
i honestly don't have a link.. but i remember not too long ago that some devs on b3d site [ whatever its name ] that some devs confirmed the Cell was running on 2.8G

i remember long time ago, on sony website, it used to say that Cell is 3G etc. now if you look at the official site, it no longer mentions any number, it just says Cell processor.

It´s 3.2 GHz, that´s a fact. About the OS taking 96MBs, that is only in the worst case scenario, IIRC.

llTll

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
His english is bad but he does have a point. They might have downclocked both Cell and RSX due to heat issues. That's probably the reason why their official site doesn't list clock numbers anymore.

really sorry for the English problems. its not my first language. i know its kinda bad.

its been 3 years only since i started learning it. hope its not that bad :(

Nvidia

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

The site never did have the numbers up there did they? If so then oh ohh :9

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
llTll said:
i honestly don't have a link.. but i remember not too long ago that some devs on bd site [ forgot its name ] that some devs confirmed the Cell was running on 2.8G
I very much doubt anyone confirmed that, as right now there's a thread there asking about that, and there's no answer in it, just speculation.

mollipen

llTll said:

Raw processor speed hasn't meant anything for years.

Latest iMac is only Core Duo 1.8GHz while my two year old iMac is a G5 at 2.0GHz. Mine doesn't begin to come close to that 1.8GHz Core Duo.

llTll

Banned
Nvidia said:
The site never did have the numbers up there did they? If so then oh ohh :9

yeah they did. the RSX was 550M, the Cell was 3.2G or 3G [ don't remember ]

shidoshi said:
Raw processor speed hasn't meant anything for years.

Latest iMac is only Core Duo 1.8GHz while my two year old iMac is a G5 at 2.0GHz. Mine doesn't begin to come close to that 1.8GHz Core Duo.

we are not talking whatever its important or not. we are talking about the PS3 specs is downgraded.

Hi, I'm a random guy and I've heard that final PS3 consumer units will be clocked at 25 Mhz, but will have a math co-processor to make up for the downgraded specs. I'm fairly sure Stunts will be fine on that slick Blu-Ray rig.

Nvidia

Banned
llTll said:
yeah they did. the RSX was 550M, the Cell was 3.2G or 3G [ don't remember ]

we are not talking whatever its important or not. we are talking about the PS3 specs is downgraded.

noooooooo.jpg

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
why you are so shocked about the xbox 360 specs?
"Custom, symmetrical, three-core CPU, each running at 3.2GHz;
Don't you know symmetrical is bad (not to mention teh old)? Asymetry is all the rage this fall, it's... it's the new black.

llTll

Banned
Luckyman said:
FUD is strong in llTll.

well.. it kinda piss me off. i mean ps3 is basically 1 year more development time over the xbox 360, yet the hardware isnt as powerful piss me off.

not even they both are as powerful is enough. ps3 should be more powerful. just how was the GC to PS2 or xbox to ps2.

Elios83

llTll said:
well.. it kinda piss me off. i mean ps3 is basicly 1 year more development time over the xbox 360, yet the hardware isnt as powerful piss me off.

not even they both are as powerful is enough. ps3 technicly should be more powerful. just how was the GC to PS2 or xbox to ps2.

What are you talking about?
Cell would be much more powerful than the Xbox360 CPU even if it was at 2.8GHZ (which is not because every devkit,final one included,has a 3,2GHZ Cell inside).

llTll

Banned
Elios83 said:
What are you talking about?
Cell would be much more powerful than the Xbox360 CPU even if it was at 2.8GHZ (which is not because every devkit,final one included,has a 3,2GHZ Cell inside).
crossing fingers.

i hope you are right

llTll said:
crossing fingers.

i hope you are right

CELL and the XDR ram are spec'd exactly the same as they always have been. There is no debating this. In an interview with a Sony Exec, he says the final specs of the components will be released at a later time, but then, he went on to mention the CELL running at 3.2 Ghz later on in the interview. Devs have stated that their final dev kits have 3.2 Ghz CELLs and full spec'd XDR in them. There are some rumors flying around, however, about the RSX and the GDDR3 ram being down-clocked to 500/650 Mhz, respectively. How credible these rumors are is beyond me.

Top Bottom