• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 info coming Friday... aka Wednesday (scans pg4)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Nithr said:
going by the 1upyours podcast it sounded like milkie was impressed with rr7 :eek:
Which podcast was this? I think I missed the RR7 talk.
Not trying to be funny, I seriously missed it.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
By the time I've finished watching the RR2 intro for the eight hundred and sixty-secondth time this thread better have less clueless tech spec horseshit and more Reiko Nagase.

edit: YOU HAVE FAILED ME

edit 2: GOD THE LITTLE GAP BETWEEN HER FRONT TEETH

Kittonwy

Banned
D2M15 said:
By the time I've finished watching the RR2 intro for the eight hundred and sixty-second time this thread better have less clueless tech spec horseshit and more Reiko Nagase.

Yes I agree. More Reiko Nagase ftw.
Indifferent2.gif

xaosslug

jarrod said:
But Namco wasn't "testing the waters" or anything. Nintendo felt they needed a RR and approached Namco, not the reverse. RR64 is only a "Namco Product" in name, it's like calling GoldenEye 64 an "MGM Product" or calling Kingdom Hearts a "Disney Product" or calling Madden 2006 an "NFL Product".

oh, jarrod. arguing semantics, yet again. :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This is encouraging news. I will play RR6 though, once I get my ultimate game setup. :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
The fact is that Ridge Racer 64 not being in any way, shape or form a Namco game is not semantics. It's reality.
If you were to query Namco as to whether or not they would consider RR64 a Namco product, what do you think the answer would be?

bloke

Sirolf said:
No news today dear japanese gaffers ?:D
Web translated info from Fami

Ridge 7
・"Ridge taste grand prix" The holding race of about 160 is won by 44 all courses including a reverse-run while obtaining the machine and parts.
・Online ・・・ 14 person or less schedule
・A racer all over the world competes with the velocity by the global net function.
・Arcade mode, UFLA Shipeshalibent (Come to be able to play by additional data DL), and the machine connector and a ranking browser.
There are many kinds of modes.
・The first series and the machine customizing are introduced.

DCharlie

Banned
No news today dear japanese gaffers ?

i heard small details from another jgaffer - i think we're waiting for confirmation/something more concrete.
・A racer all over the world competes with the velocity by the global net function.

i think this one is the one where the big "?" mark hung - global time trials world wide, upload your times. The assumption is up to 14 players online is world wide too but not mentioned, and is a little weird they mention the global net function for this. I'm sure just something lost in translation.

GAGGING for photos :p

llTll

Banned
DCharlie said:
i heard small details from another jgaffer - i think we're waiting for confirmation/something more concrete.

i think this one is the one where the big "?" mark hung - global time trials world wide, upload your times. The assumption is up to 14 players online is world wide too but not mentioned, and is a little weird they mention the global net function for this. I'm sure just something lost in translation.

GAGGING for photos :p

i was wondering, with the new info, will there be any new pics?

duckroll

Ridge Racer 7 - PS3

- Ridge Taste GP has a total of 44 courses including reverse tracks, and there will be about 160 different races which you can take part in to win various machines and parts
- Online mode supports up to 14 players
- Global net competition allows players from all over the world to competite for the fastest time
- Arcade Mode features UFLA Special Events (downloadable content), Machine Connecter, Ranking Browser and a bunch of other modes
- Machine Customization for the first time in Ridge games

llTll

Banned
duckroll said:
Ridge Racer 7 - PS3

- Ridge Taste GP has a total of 44 courses including reverse tracks, and there will be about 160 different races which you can take part in to win various machines and parts
- Online mode supports up to 14 players
- Global net competition allows players from all over the world to competite for the fastest time
- Arcade Mode features UFLA Special Events (downloadable content), Machine Connecter, Ranking Browser and a bunch of other modes
- Machine Customization for the first time in Ridge games

thanks. but half of that was was confirmed when the game was annouced couple of months ago.

any new pics soon?

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
If you were to query Namco as to whether or not they would consider RR64 a Namco product, what do you think the answer would be?
Probably the same answer as if you were to query Nintendo as to whether or not they consider Mario Kart Arcade GP a Nintendo product.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
RaijinFY said:
and I bet they look exactly the same as the 360 version? :p

People might like to hope otherwise, but I've a bad feeling this will be a very incremental update over 6. I would say Namco is basically still looking to get their investment back on that game, and not putting too much more into it. Just a hunch, I don't want to prejudge it, but I'll air my concern before we see and hear more :p

RaijinFY

gofreak said:
People might like to hope otherwise, but I've a bad feeling this will be a very incremental update over 6. I would say Namco is basically still looking to get their investment back on that game, and not putting too much more into it. Just a hunch, I don't want to prejudge it, but I'll air my concern before we see and hear more :p

Totally agree... :(

So far the game sounds exactly like Ridge Racer 6.

The machine customization is new but everything else is sounding the same. 44 tracks but you have to take into account that'll include reversed and mirrored tracks so it's more like 11(and when you figure that Namco still takes pre-existing tracks and just moves pathways around it's down to what? 4? yeesh)

160 races in single player mode sounds a lot like the near 200 races in RR6's World Xplorer mode. Also both games have 14 players online.

The customization is interesting but imo unnecessary for an arcade racer and looking at the list of features I'm starting to think it was just cheaply tacked on. OH! and that's ignoring the idea that maybe "car parts" and "customization" is simply the color edit mode from RR6(you had to unlock the "parts" through the Xplorer afterall).

I figured Namco would want to recoup their losses after the bob-omb that RR6 was but damn..it's starting to really sound(and look apparently) like the exact same game.

I'm more than a little disappointed personally...
Why do I even bother? It's Namco...my most hated developer of all time.

EDITed for OT: Why was Kittonwy banned?

EDIT x2: Noticed SSX's post and I'm glad the customization is not like I feared. Still ain't putting much faith in this though!

FightyF

Banned
Man...I was so hoping Namco would shine this generation...in terms of graphics.

RR6 looks great, but I wanted something looks outstanding.

Top Bottom