• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rude Note On Domino’s Box Scolds Customer For Late Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Rude Note On Domino’s Box Scolds Customer For Late Order

Having worked in the foodservice industry, I am familiar with that unique sensation of “C’mon… seriously?” when someone wants to place an order only minutes to go before shutting down for the night. At the same time — unlike the workers at a Texas Domino’s store — I never vented my frustration with a mean little note for the customer to take home with them.

CBS Dallas/Fort Worth reports on a Domino’s customer whose pizza came with a handwritten note on the side, explaining “Thanks! We would appreciate it VERY much if you didn’t wait until 5 minutes before we close.”

The customers who placed the order are nurses working at a nearby hospital. A friend of one of the nurses tells CBS that the note-writer could use a lesson in what-goes-around-comes-around.

A rep for the company wouldn’t say whether or not the employee would be disciplined for the rude message, but did say that Domino’s does “not condone or encourage this kind of behavior or one-sided ‘dialogue’ with our customers.”

From the person's Facebook page:

Please help in this matter Share Share Share!! On March 30 2016 the nurses at Paris Regional Hospital ordered a pizza, and this was the response they received from Domino's Pizza in Paris Texas. Nurses work long hours and eat when they can as they take care of our loved one. A business is open until they close and are in business to service the public. Domino's Pizza the nurses on 5 east deserve an apology, and I am sure as much pizza as you can deliver. This is a disgrace that any business has this attitude towards any customer. Please share get this Viral and stop the rudeness of Domino's Pizza, ParisTexas

11243917_1199580793385496_1841679252847086942_n.jpg

Yeah whoever wrote that clearly wasn't thinking straight. Hospital staff are usually some of their biggest orders on weekends since a lot of hospitals close their cafeterias or simply aren't open that late. And I can say for sure in surgery you gotta eat when you absolutely can, and that could be now or 7-8 hours from now. Hospital staff work their asses off, and I can say at least over at my workplace we tip pretty generously as well. We've built up good rapport with not just the dominos across the street but also the nearby popeye's, tastee's, subway, et al.

Malvolio

I wouldn't have written it, but it's hardly rude and they are absolutely correct.

Edit: Playing up the "nurse" sympathy factor is fairly scummy.

Juice

This could have been so much worse. It's good common sense as a customer too that the quality will be much worse at closing time

I never order takeout within a half hour of the place closing. I never get a table within 45 minutes of a restaurant closing. Sure, they are OPEN, but I know people need to clean up and get home.

Is the note justified? I'd say no.

Lamel

Banned
Tell staff that their working hours are 30-60 minutes past the listed closing time or something. This issue comes up far too often; if you list your closing time as 9 PM, someone will always order at 8:59.

Edit: It was hospital employees? I can cut them some slack.

HariKari

Former delivery driver here. You generally have to be an ongoing royal pain in the ass of a customer to elicit a rude response like this.

Infinite

I understand how it can be annoying and I've been through similar things but it's never cool to do something like this

Part of the job. Note was not justified. Everyone tries to close out early to get out the door faster but that's not the customers problem. Been there and just dealt with it.

MTE

Note is pathetic.

Don't complain about doing your job, for the hours you're open. To eachother, sure. To the customer? Nope.
The customer was totally in the right ordering whenever they please within the operating hours.

zelas

Rude? That's rude??

Also several restaurants stop taking online orders as far out as 30 mins before closing. Not everyone is excited to keep employees around and hand out overtime pay. Since it is so common those employees should have requested this be an actual policy instead of leaving notes.

Annubis

When I worked as a butcher, you were mandated to do anything a client asked even if you had finished cleaning all the equipment and had to stay late to re-clean whatever you have to use.
Pissed me off every time it happened, but the clients were fully in the right to ask something before closing time.

This is on Domino's management for not putting up a "no sale 15 minutes before closing" rule. Otherwise, as an employee, you suck it up and do your job.

Hazmat

You're open or you're not. You're taking orders or you're not. Don't be a passive aggressive asshole to someone else because your life sucks.

SaganIsGOAT

It's like the fuckers who walk in the door 1 minute before close and don't check out for another 15-20. We stop our services at 6, that means you are out by 6. It's really simple.

Nafai1123

Banned
Lol, how is that note rude? Everyone that works in the food industry knows it's a dick move to come in 5 min before closing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why wouldn't the restaurant just close earlier?

Why would they allow me to walk in the door and order before telling me to go fuck myself?

Because the owners of the restaurant that give a fuck what their employees want.

You know if they were bold enough to write a note, I'd probably be worried about what was done to the food too. But I'm probably just paranoid after that video of the fast food worker wiping the floor with a bun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom