• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second case of norovirus has been connected to Va. Chipotle, 135 reported ill

A second case of norovirus has been connected to a Chipotle restaurant in Virginia that temporarily closed following reports of sick customers.

The Loudoun County Health Department has identified more than 135 people who reported becoming ill after eating at the Sterling Chipotle between July 13 and 16, according to a statement from the agency.

Additionally, the Chipotle stock lost nearly 13 percent of its value last week.

Source: http://dcist.com/2017/07/second_norovirus_case_tied_to_virgi.php

After all these years of slander and hate...Taco Bell reigns supreme. Talent won!

giphy.gif

Jenov

Christ. What the hell is Chipotle doing differently than places like Taco Bell that causes them to have all of these awful outbreaks in their food?

I mean... this is just the same incident from last week, just another victim has been confirmed. I'm not excusing the awfulness that is Chipotle, but this is just a second helping of the same shit-laden burrito.

Phu

Banned
Whelp, just had Chipotle for lunch today, although I'm nowhere near VA. So far so good, not spewing anything so far.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Damn that sucks & fuck Chipotle. This exact location in Sterling is almost always busy as fuck too hahaha. I guess their customers just don't give a fuck about what they munch down on.

Poppy

hmm, i wonder realistically how many outbreaks would need to happen before i would think twice about eating at chipotle

probably double digits honestly, i really like chipotle

I mean... this is just the same incident from last week, just another victim has been confirmed. I'm not excusing the awfulness that is Chipotle, but this is just a second helping of the same shit-laden burrito.

I think people are referring to the fact that there was another norovirus outbreak last year at a couple different Chipotles, wasn't there?

jwk94

Damn that sucks & fuck Chipotle. This exact location in Sterling is almost always busy as fuck too hahaha. I guess their customers just don't give a fuck about what they munch down on.
They really don't though.

Qdoba is far better.

smisk

Wow, this is right in my neck of the woods and I had Chipotle last week. Guess I'll avoid it for a little while.

hobozero

id rather have norovirus than tacobellarrhea

Know how I can tell you've never had norovirus? ;)

The first couple hours of non-stop shitting and vomiting you are worried you are going to die. For the next couple hours, you're worried that you aren't

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Haven't eaten Chipotle for years, but there was a time I did like 4 days a week...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Know how I can tell you've never had norovirus? ;)

The first couple hours of non-stop shitting and vomiting you are worried you are going to die. For the next couple hours, you're worried that you aren't
Oh man, 2 of my friends last year had these exact symptoms and they live in Loudon County. Funny thing is they were 99% sure they got it from Taco Bell and stopped going there altogether but kept going to Chipotle. Oh the irony ahahaaa.

They really don't though.

Qdoba is far better.
Baja Fresh is my go to and literally 5 mins away from that exact location.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Why do people still eat at Chipotles? I would have figured all the E. coli stuff would have stopped people from going.

gdt

Damn son. Never doing Chipotle again. Well I haven't since the cases started popping up last year.

I think people are referring to the fact that there was another norovirus outbreak last year at a couple different Chipotles, wasn't there?

I mean, I'm saying this entire post/topic is not really that big of news. It's just confirming that a second person was confirmed to have norovirus from the same contamination issue from last week, right?

They divested over 10 years ago.

Yeah... McD divested probably too early to be honest. The ideal situation would have been to divest around 2012-2013 I think, not 2006. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, of course.

Top Bottom