• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second case of norovirus has been connected to Va. Chipotle, 135 reported ill

Zoe

It's just highly suspicious that this happened again, even after their supposed crackdown and new food practices.

An outbreak this big doesnt happen unless the entire kitchen staff wipes their asses with their bare hands or it's on purpose.

even if one employee forgets to wash their hands and have traces of fecal matter, you'd get at most 10-15 cases not more than a hundred.

It might not have even been an employee. What if a customer got their shitty hands all over the forks or tabasco bottles?

I don't think it's a coincidence at this point. It's probably company policy, quality control, and sanitation standards that are getting their food contaminated somehow.

Why do people still eat at Chipotles? I would have figured all the E. coli stuff would have stopped people from going.
My friends dgaf about it. They're actually pleased because it forces chipotle to give out BOGO coupons.

One of those "it won't happen to me" situations

conpfreak

It might not have even been an employee. What if a customer got their shitty hands all over the forks or tabasco bottles?

During the last incident, they took some action on this by storing the lemons behind the counter and having forks only in the utensils bin. They probably need to go further and start wrapping the forks in plastic and using napkin dispensers. Honestly, I once went to a Chipotle near my house (in the DC area) and saw a roach crawling on one of the napkins. I didn't say anything and just used utensils at home because I was in a rush. But obviously there is a structural issue with sanitary procedures.

The food is great so they really need to get their shit together (literally). Qdoba is okay, but doesn't taste nearly as good. Oh, and maybe raise the glass near the food so people won't stick their fucking hands over the glass to point at their food.

Zoe

During the last incident, they took some action on this by storing the lemons behind the counter and having forks only in the utensils bin. They probably need to go further and start wrapping the forks in plastic and using napkin dispensers. Honestly, I once went to a Chipotle near my house (in the DC area) and saw a roach crawling on one of the napkins. I didn't say anything and just used utensils at home because I was in a rush. But obviously there is a structural issue with sanitary procedures.

The food is great so they really need to get their shit together (literally). Qdoba is okay, but doesn't taste nearly as good. Oh, and maybe raise the glass near the food so people won't stick their fucking hands over the glass to point at their food.

Can't norovirus even penetrate plastic if it goes airborne? I remember something like that where one girl infected her entire sports team because it reached some snacks inside her bag.

jmdajr

Who brought Papa Shango out of the 80's WWF and told him to put a curse on Chipotle? God damn

Must be man. What a shame.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Chipotle and Blue Bell make people I'll all the time, wonder why people still keep going.

Persona7

Banned
I might be wrong but I believe vegetables have a vastly higher chance of carrying viruses and bacteria that can make you sick.

Kill3r7

As I suggested earlier they need to hire a full time compliance inspector to assure that best practices are being followed.

Linkura

I might be wrong but I believe vegetables have a vastly higher chance of carrying viruses and bacteria that can make you sick.

Yeah, I recently stopped having salads/raw vegetables at restaurants because I noticed a pattern of diarrhea a few hours after having a restaurant salad (from different restaurants too) about 1/3rd of the time. Was the same kind of pants shitting diarrhea every time and I eventually noticed a pattern. So far, so good. Of course, my stomach is weak as fuck and the average person probably won't have the same problems. I was fine with eating them for a long time, but now I think my stomach just can't handle the particular germ that's causing it anymore.

Dirty ass employees wiping their ass with 2 sheets of toilet paper and rinsing their hands with just water. You still got booty butter residue all on your hands bro.

Futureman

Probably even more likely to get norovirus due to veggies not being cooked at a high enough temp to kill germs.

Huh? I'm guessing most people's meat burritos are basically the same as veggie burritos but with meat. I always add guac to my veggie burritos but otherwise they are exactly the same as the chicken ones I ordered when I ate meat.

Linkura

Huh? I'm guessing most people's meat burritos are basically the same as veggie burritos but with meat. I always add guac to my veggie burritos but otherwise they are exactly the same as the chicken ones I ordered when I ate meat.

I believe the veggie ones include guac. Unless they fucking upcharge for it now. I haven't been in months. The avocados in the guac are raw.

Top Bottom