• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley leaders U-turn on Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. They showed just as much decorum as President Trump showed Obama when he won the election within the same rules.

http://mashable.com/2012/11/06/trump-reacts-to-election/#ptmOlCGDakqb

Or maybe they have a better judge of the difference in character between a President Trump and President Obama.

Also, he says same rules? So, Clinton had Wikileaks and Russia in her back pocket? (also, the FBI?) The Dems weren't the ones enforcing voter suppression laws, and bragging about it.

I wouldn't say this is a surprising development.

Besides the lower taxes, they're praying the H1-B visa program doesn't get swept up in "closing the border" and "preventing foreigners from taking our jobs."

I think this might be the final push I needed to go off the "Google grid". Trusting a single company with my emails, browsing history, etc. never seemed like a good idea anyway. It just sort of happened.

RPGCrazied

Now the celebrities are starting to normalize fascism

"This gives me hope [and] everyone can take a deep breath now" says Oprah after seeing Obama shaking hands with Trump.

Don't normalize fascism.

Haha. These people are just afraid Trump is going to come after them or something. What a joke.

They will all turn, plus they makes lots of money, so in the end it will help them. Fuck the middle class right?

Robert De Niro:
"I just have to see what he's going to do and how he's really going to follow through on certain things."

This is after he did a video just tearing into Trump. Now he is President? "Eh, I'll have to wait and see."

jfkgoblue

Haha. These people are just afraid Trump is going to come after them or something. What a joke.

They will all turn, plus they makes lots of money, so in the end it will help them. Fuck the middle class right?

Robert De Niro:

This is after he did a video just tearing into Trump. Now he is President? "Eh, I'll have to wait and see."
There isn't much else they can do. He is the President, we are stuck with him for (at least) 4 years, but he has yet to do anything. Right now all you can do is hope for the best. Get angry and protest when he actually does something that is wrong, but right now? It does nothing productive and just furthers the divide between the nation.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about this and hope they're being civil to try and influence him to get rid of some of the more negative things he ran on...

Codeblue

How about they wait for him to take back even half the reprehensible garbage he said and fascist policies he said he would enact before we approach this with open arms?

Congrats on the tax cuts.

Lime

There isn't much else they can do. He is the President, we are stuck with him for (at least) 4 years, but he has yet to do anything. Right now all you can do is hope for the best. Get angry and protest when he actually does something that is wrong, but right now? It does nothing productive and just furthers the divide between the nation.

Fuck the divide when the other part wants to destroy the planet, increase military spending, dismantling government, kill & oppress Muslims, lower social classes, Black people, LGBTQ, Mexican immigrants.

Saying there is not much to do and we need to accept that a fascist has become president is just normalization of fascism. Instead of complacency, join the fight.

Rootbeer

Banned
Right now they are trying to be conciliatory in the wake of his win. That's all. They will speak up with renewed vigor the moment he does anything offensive while actually in power. That's how I'm interpreting many of these reactions. It's not cowardice, it's simply trying to stay poised.

There will be a time for rallying against Trump and his administration. Right now there is not much that can be done. He has to take action while in power to get a rise out of the elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom