• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PLAYSTATION 3 "OFFICIALLY" (finally) Announced! Landing on US stores now!

noah111

Still Alive
fernoca said:
Oh, so there's no "PlayStation 3" logo after you choose a game, now you just chose it..and the screen goes black and the game appears.. (video)
Yeah that's only for the slim, obviously they're not going to show the spidey PS3 logo on a slim. There will be a different startup when there are games that support it, as I said that'll be starting around U2 launch..

In the wild!

3856454689_d3c4349061_b.jpg

Jostifer

Where has it been mentioned that the games will have a different start up? The only thing that's new (and starting) with Uncharted 2 as I've read is the cover art.

Edit: ^^^ Ah, 'It only does everything' is for the US. Wasn't sure where that ad slogan would pop up.

Dunlop

Just noticed that the pic on PS3media server now no longer matches my system

Gonna have to return it

:p

I find the system very quiet, but my 80GB was deathly silent as well. I'll have to run some games for a while to see how it holds up

MikeE21286 said:
oh, so no font at all.....the games just start up....that's new. Normally they give us something.

Not until Uncharted 2 or other games around that time as they said on PlayStation Blog last week.

noah111

Still Alive
MikeE21286 said:
oh, so no font at all.....the games just start up....that's new. Normally they give us something.
It'll change when games actually support the new slim logo.

Gary Whitta said:
In the wild!
3856454689_d3c4349061_b.jpg
Nice! Cool to see the 'it only does everything' ad in the wild too. :D

Jim

Dunlop said:
I find the system very quiet, but my 80GB was deathly silent as well. I'll have to run some games for a while to see how it holds up

My 60GB gets loud after around 20 minutes of any Blu-ray movie... that's pretty much the reason I want a slim now. So someone test that if you can.

dorkimoe

cant sign in on playstation.com or my slim :( they could have picked a better day

Jim said:
My 60GB gets loud after around 20 minutes of any Blu-ray movie... that's pretty much the reason I want a slim now. So someone test that if you can.

same, half the reason i got ride of my 60, and i figured someone on here would use the bc more than me

kuYuri

Somnia said:
So I backed up my 160gb and just did the restore on my slim. None of my game installs, psn game downloads transfered over. The only stuff that transfered were game saves and my settings. No idea what happened.

When you restore backed up data to another PS3, only certain things transfer over, it even gives you this message before you backup the data. :lol

Erebus

Sentry said:
Yeah that's only for the slim, obviously they're not going to show the spidey PS3 logo on a slim. There will be a different startup when there are games that support it, as I said that'll be starting around U2 launch..
So when I pop into my 60GB launch unit the U2 disk, will I also get a new game start-up logo?

Nos_G

Just saw someone get a PS3slim at the ebgames on VicPark&Danforth. Any Torontonians shopping for the triple slim can get them now.

Somnia

Strider2K99 said:
When you restore backed up data to another PS3, only certain things transfer over, it even gives you this message before you backup the data. :lol

Ya I saw that, but I was under the assumption only locked game saves wouldn't transfer. So go laugh somewhere else because its not a big deal to me it won't take that long to re-download shit I just wanted to post since others were posting for quite awhile in this thread about what did and didn't transfer over.

SamBishop

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Just called 9 GameStops, Best Buys, and Targets. All of them have the Slim, and NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM has the stand. Thought some of you would like to know.
:(

ahahaha... The parallels of this to the PS2 launch are starting to hurt my brain. Sony may actually have culled fanboy hype. November NPDs will be huge. Not the numbers, just the aftermath. It'll be positive, no doubt. But how it's bent will be like honey.

ryan-ts

Ummm is 80 gb enough space if I wanted to d/l a couple psn games and all the patches, demos, game saves etc?

Cus I bought an 80 gb that came with Killzone 2 for 299.00 and I want to know if I'm making a good purchase (because I don't want to put in a new hd) instead of waiting for the 120 gb slim.

ryan-ts said:
Ummm is 80 gb enough space if I wanted to d/l a couple psn games and all the patches, demos, game saves etc?

Cus I bought an 80 gb that came with Killzone 2 for 299.00 and I want to know if I'm making a good purchase (because I don't want to put in a new hd) instead of waiting for the 120 gb slim.

Yes. but if you ever feel like you need more you can buy a bigger HDD for really cheap ;P.

I have the 80gb ps3 and it has enough space.

rc213

dorkimoe said:
finally

to bad this is my last download allowed for my warhawk expansions :(

Pretty sure that is not how DLC works, You're allowed to activate your account on 5 systems and download all you want on those 5 systems. There is no limit to how many times you can download DLC.

Loudninja

ryan-ts said:

Yeah its enough,I still have space left on my 60GB,but you can always put in a new HDD.

ryan-ts said:

80GB is more than enough.

Top Bottom