• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PLAYSTATION 3 "OFFICIALLY" (finally) Announced! Landing on US stores now!

Raist

Banned
_leech_ said:
One more motherboard comparison (40GB model on the left):

ps3slimboardcomparefull.jpg

Nice

Guy Legend

Shadowlink said:
Ahh! So I don't need cables at all? I just need to use the regular ones that come with the PS3?
Sorry for the stupid questions. I don't really know a lot about HDMI.

If you have an HDMI cable and an HDTV, then that's the only hook up you should use. The cables that come with the PS3 are for standard definition.

Guy Legend said:
If you have an HDMI cable and an HDTV, then that's the only hook up you should use. The cables that come with the PS3 are for standard definition.
Oh! Anyone know where I can get cheap HDMI cables?

nib95

Banned
How many watts of power does the slim consume in comparison to the Euro launch 60GB version? And any comparisons with regards to noise?

These will be the deciding factors on whether I swap my phat. Especially if the reported GOW3 demo GOW1/2 bundle is true.

Raist

Banned
nib95 said:
How many watts of power does the slim consume in comparison to the Euro launch 60GB version?

We'll have to wait for people to test that, I guess. Sony did mention a 30% reduction but I think they were refering to the PSU's capacity. They weren't clear at all anyway.

HUELEN10

Ketchup Boy said:
So no point in getting one if you don't have a HDTV? :(
Of course not. A current-gen system looks great on any tv, regardless of resolution. Blu-Rays on SD look way better than DVDs as you get no stupid artifacts, and games look great!

Seriously, you don't NEED an HDTV to enjoy an HD console. It still has a fuckton to offer, like the newest HD-compatible current-gen game releases!

XTERC

poserdonut said:
I know someone spotted the 100-150v on the resistor of the PSU but I would really like to see a close up on this

Looks like a 100 microfarad 150V capacitor to me. Don't assume its not auto-switching just because of something written on a single component. There are transformers on the board, so who knows what voltages are going where.

paparazzo

WinFonda said:
Ah, I got slim envy!
Same here, I would buy this in a heartbeat if I could sell my Fat for enough money to get a Slim, but that's pretty much impossible now. I hope to get one eventually.

My PS3 slim says it won't come until next week. I hope my local walmart breaks the street date and I can pick one up this week and cancel my online pre-order! I want my PS3 now!

Loudninja

Target holds new PS3 game clearance
Select Target Corp. stores this month began holding a new game clearance for Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3.

Clearance titles include Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 at $20.98, Guitar Hero World Tour Dual Guitar Bundle at $44.98 from $99.99, Warhawk at $20.98 from $29.99, and Dead Space at $20.98 from $29.99.
http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=8501

So go check you target stores, you might get lucky. ;)

DeadGzuz said:
So hit triangle on the save and save it to the thumbdrive.. you were asking how to do this?

That works too. I just didn't want to do the entire back up utility since I don't have that much saved on there.

noah111

Still Alive
Good deals, I just might pick up Warhawk on disc, always wanted to have it physically in my collection. :D Definitely will get Dead Space though.

Work shorted us on our PS3 Slims. We only got five in when we had twelve pre-orders. I imagine quite a few angry customers will be in during my days off.

And it only makes it worse that we won't be getting anymore in till late next week. Le sigh.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
We got like 15 copies of Dead Space for 15 dollars at my store
2 Copies of Socom bundle for 40 dollars...plus some other random stuff.

Debating on getting a ps3 slim now and retiring my 60gig to select ps2 duties :lol

Loudninja

Raist said:
Fixed what? ;)

FFXIII’s Kitase: PS3 price cut is “really good timing for us
“We’re taking it as really good news, actually, because we’re planning to release Final Fantasy XIII this winter in Japan and next spring for both European and North American territories,” the developer said at GamesCom in Germany last week.

“Now that the hardware is becoming even more accessible for players, it’s really good timing for us.”

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/25/ffxiiis-kitase-ps3-price-cut-is-really-good-timing-for-us/

noah111

Still Alive
ConradCervantes said:
Gamestop shorted us on our PS3 Slims. We only got five in when we had twelve pre-orders. Then on a conference call my district manager blames US for the shortages, telling us we should've gotten more reserves on the system so we would've been a higher priority when getting our allocation.

We won't be getting anymore in till late next week. I hate this fucking company.
dexter1.jpg

Hazelhurst

I went to a Best Buy and Gamestop this evening after work.

Best Buy is not selling until Sept. 1.

Gamestop got two, but were for pre-orders.

Amazon has shipped mine, but I can't wait till Friday. I'll try some more stores tomorrow.

mr_nothin

Banned
Hazelhurst said:
I went to a Best Buy and Gamestop this evening after work.

Best Buy is not selling until Sept. 1.

Gamestop got two, but were for pre-orders.

Amazon has shipped mine, but I can't wait till Friday. I'll try some more stores tomorrow.
So you're going to buy 2?

mr_nothin said:
So you're going to buy 2?

Well I did.

I lucked out at Gamestop and got a slim this afternoon. I have another slim arriving UPS tomorrow since I couldn't cancel my online order. I guess I may put it on ebay.

Digital-Hero said:
Well I did.

I lucked out at Gamestop and got a slim this afternoon. I have another slim arriving UPS tomorrow since I couldn't cancel my online order. I guess I may put it on ebay.

damn you guys are ancy.

UT66

Banned
Corran Horn said:
We got like 15 copies of Dead Space for 15 dollars at my store
2 Copies of Socom bundle for 40 dollars...plus some other random stuff.

Debating on getting a ps3 slim now and retiring my 60gig to select ps2 duties :lol

sell the 60gig fatty, buy the slim, PCSX2 for ps2 duties. Also i have a feeling: BC is coming!

bardia

damn I don't know why..but I'm really excited, feels like a complete relaunch. Gonna sell my BC 80Gb PS3 w/ MGS4 and re buy a slim asap.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazelhurst said:
Yes. I will sell the other one, this holiday season, when Sony fails to meet demand. Fails in a good way.
I dunno, that 250GB + GT5 bundle sounds good :p (If it's true, I'm sure GAF's patent detective force will find out if it's true or not, but at the rate Sony is going...)

*Shadowlink, 3ft is damn short, just double checking you don't need a 6ft one.

mrkgoo

I didn't know these had been released. I was at BestBuy today to pick up layton, and they had a table out with about twenty machines on it.

Top Bottom