• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PLAYSTATION 3 "OFFICIALLY" (finally) Announced! Landing on US stores now!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
alr1ghtstart said:
looks good, save for the non-touchscreen buttons.
It's a good thing it doesn't have the touchscreen buttons. I hate those things

gogogow

It looks a bit empty without playstation 3 in the middle and the silver strip.
PS3 font too big and too much to the side.

andycapps

reilo said:
So, Sony drops the price, comes out with a Slim PS3, and shows off some great games and... GAF complains about the look, font, and PS2 BC? What won't you guys complain about?

thisisneogafdude.gif

Good news for those that had been waiting to get a PS3. Just told a coworker of mine that has a 360 and he's thinking about getting a PS3 now at the new price.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a cheap Chinese knock off? I was never a fan of the piano black PS3 fat, but it's looking like a work of art compared to this... thing.

Still, smaller, lighter, and less power consumption is always a good thing.

LQX

Looks kind of cheap compared to the old one. Guess real pics might give a different impression.

tass0

Banned
ps3-slim-big-1.jpg

I take back what I said, it looks gorgeous.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Alfarif said:
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a cheap Chinese knock off? I was never a fan of the piano black PS3 fat, but it's looking like a work of art compared to this... thing.

Still, smaller, lighter, and less power consumption is always a good thing.

really???

6215296_blog017.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Can we chalk this up to another case of Internet > GAF > Internet > GAF?

Internet: "Here are pics of a new PS3" > GAF: "Hey look, I guess there's a PS3 Slim coming" > Internet: "Proudly announcing: the PS3 Slim!" > GAF: "OMG PS3 SLIM IT'S REAL"

Zhuk

Banned
tass0 said:
ps3-slim-big-1.jpg

I take back what I said, it looks gorgeous.

Ugh, it's absolutely atrocious compared to the original PS3. You don't get more consumers by making your console look even more unappealing.

entremet

jett said:
Only a stupid fuck would buy a next-gen console to play last-gen games.
Who said those who want PS2 BC only want to play last gen games? I'm sure some people would love to unplug their PS2s and take advantage of wireless controllers and upscaling.

jay

jett said:
Only a stupid fuck would buy a next-gen console to play last-gen games.

Only complete and utter assholes who deserve to die horrible drowning deaths want to minimize the number of consoles in their living rooms.

Dennis

Banned
Zhuk said:
Ugh, it's absolutely atrocious compared to the original PS3. You don't get more consumers by making your console look even more unappealing.

Come on you were gonna hate on it no matter what man

StuBurns

Banned
I can't believe it's the same spec and so much uglier. One thing Sony has always been good at for me is the physical product design.

I don't get the little PS logo, it looks printed on, but in vertical pics it's vertical, and horizontal ones it's horizontal.

dyls

Nice price.

Awful design.

Why in the world would they keep the same rounded top? It looked terrible three years ago, looks terrible now. But it's good that we'll finally get to see what the real demand for the PS3 is; I think this will do very well over the holidays.

I'm not exactly sure why anyone would replace a working PS3 with this, though. You guys are weird.

Top Bottom