• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's.......TGS.........Key.....note.........2013......................... ..huh

Why was the stream 5 hours long though if there was only 10 or so small announcements? When did Gravity Rush 2 get announced? I just heard about it today so I came in here to see if anything was else announced.

It's a stage event stream. It was meant to be streaming throughout the entire day, with occasional big moments on stage sparsed throughout the entire day.

Don't expect any announcements from stage events. Like, at all.

wapplew

Good news for Nippon Ichi fans.
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, The Guided Fate Paradox, The Witch and the Hundred Knight getting US release date on NIS presentation.

Why don't you just answer my question? What did MS announce so far? I'm guessing announcing several new games instead of 0 (did MS announce anything yet?) isn't embarassing enough.

No-one expected MS to announce anything and rightly so as their Japanese presence is virtually nil and they have one Japanese studio compared to however many Sony have, so you're obviously bait loaded question is nothing but fanboy drivel that doesn't deserve a proper response.

No-one expected MS to announce anything and rightly so as their Japanese presence is virtually nil and they have one Japanese studio compared to however many Sony have, so you're obviously bait loaded question is nothing but fanboy drivel that doesn't deserve a proper response.

I'm sorry, but you were the one making silly, sarcastic and uneducated posts comparing Sony and Microsoft.
"Hey guys, what happened to the games that would embarass microsoft?"
But yeah, you already made clear that showing ~20 games (and we're not even done) against 0 isn't your definition of embarassing.
It's okay though, no one expected anything from Microsoft, as you said.

I'm sorry, but you were the one making silly, sarcastic and uneducated posts comparing Sony and Microsoft.
"Hey guys, what happened to the games that would embarass microsoft?"
But yeah, you already made clear that showing ~20 games (and we're not even done) against 0 isn't your definition of embarassing.
It's okay though, no one expected anything from Microsoft, as you said.

There was nothing sarcastic or uneducated about post. The comment in question was paraphrasing what an insider said in a recent MS thread where they boasting about how many more games they had or some such nonsense. Claims are being made, I'd like to see them delivered on.

Sony has 2 studios in Japan, Japan Studio and Polyphony.

One is 'virtually nil' and two is 'however many.'

Duly noted.

Sony has 2 studios in Japan, Japan Studio and Polyphony.

One is 'virtually nil' and two is 'however many.'

Duly noted.

Discounting the fact that Osaka is a new start-up that hardly anyone knows anything about compared to those two studios who have a long established history with X number of teams in each studio and them having the support from Sony's other studios.

Yeah, my post stands.

I thought it was obvious by the rest of my post that I was referring to an insider. Guess not.

Considering said insider indirectly said "don't have any expectations for TGS/Japan", I don't think I was wrong to have a mistaken assumption, since you're only referring to one part of his story and ignored the other.

DSveno

Banned
I don't count handheld games. Lily was announced a week ago, it's technically not tgs. Plus if the game is not localized to me its the same as not existing.

IT IS FOR TGS.

But hey, why would they announce Japanese games in Tokyo Games Show anyway, right? They should only appeal to western gamers in Tokyo Games Show, right?

Maybe you should stop wasting time waiting for news from TGS.

Verendus

Banned
I thought it was obvious by the rest of my post that I was referring to an insider. Guess not.
Ah, this is cute. You must think the other dozen teams working on games who have yet to show their hand must just be sitting around doing nothing. Because we all know SCE have already shown all their games like Knack, Drive Club, Killzone and Infamous, which are all releasing within 3 months of the console launch and are internally developed titles. The Order: 1886 is the only other title and that's through a partnership. That's all they have clearly.

Far be it for me to list games, but I'm sure Sony already has more exclusive titles announced than Microsoft, and they haven't shown what's coming beyond this fiscal year aside from The Order. I'm sure Sony could also show you titles via teaser that you probably won't play until 2015, but they left that kind of desperate phase back in 2006. It's other people's turn now. It should probably tell you something if they can throw out 4 internally developed titles so quickly from launch, and still throw a good number of games at the PS3 in PS4's release year. They're not hurting in terms of development. And they're not being forced to show vague teasers for games that will likely end up beyond 2014.

Yeah, I was expecting (well hoping), some big announcements from Sony's own teams (namely TLG). Perhaps a few third party megaton announcements too - Demon's Souls 2, Western announcement for Yakuza 5 and Ishin, etc.
And this line of thinking was pretty idiotic. No one should expect this type of game to be announced at TGS. Just use some common sense. We're 3 months away from E3. If something huge like those games wasn't announced there, why on earth would you expect them for TGS of all places?

So did any new tech info come out from that whole World of PS stuff, or was it just the ram was 4GB, but devs told us to go 8, so we did?

Zen

Banned
And this line of thinking was pretty idiotic. No one should expect this type of game to be announced at TGS. Just use some common sense. We're 3 months away from E3. If something huge like those games wasn't announced there, why on earth would you expect them for TGS of all places?

Because TGS use to be bigger and more important than it currently is. Expecting that a SCEJ developed title might be making a reveal at TGS of all places is less moronic than it is you being condescending and presumptuous to think it such.

The Last Guardian originally debuted at E3, but it got a second trailer at TGS09 mind you. Expecting even an announcement, or something, is hardly moronic.

Verendus

Banned
Because TGS use to be bigger and more important than it currently is. Expecting that a SCEJ developed title might be making a reveal at TGS of all places is less moronic than it is you being condescending and presumptuous to think it such.

The Last Guardian originally debuted at E3, but it got a second trailer at TGS09 mind you. Expecting even an announcement, or something, is hardly moronic.
No, I think it very much is. Expecting it at this TGS, two months before launch, three months removed from E3 where SCE only bothered displaying one new big title in The Order shows a silly expectation. Call it condescending, but what am I to say to someone to who thinks TLG, the game that has become a become the butt of the joke in Western Media and has a heavy amount of attention on it, will be revealed again at a show targeted at Japanese gamers and is about the PS4 launch? It's even more moronic when you're pointing at me, and I told you it would be surprising to see that kind of title being revealed at a show like TGS of all places.

Also, key words in the bold there, it initially made its debut at E3. Not at TGS. Why the hell would you be dumb enough to expect it show up once more at TGS for it's re-unveiling when its been years since it was last shown, and people are obviously very curious about what's going on with it?

By the way, the last few SCEJ titles like Puppeteer, Knack, GT6 and Rain made their debut on a show/event which wasn't TGS. Crazy, I know.

DSveno

Banned

That's the point. It debuted at E3. Now Sony is finding the time to re-introduce it again, and common sense tells me that time isn't TGS.

Seriously, why do people keep expecting PS4 titles when we all know the Japanese is always late adapter for new console. Remember when TGS was awesome? Pretty sure that's not when the PS3 launched. Gamers sure have short memory span.

IT IS FOR TGS.

But hey, why would they announce Japanese games in Tokyo Games Show anyway, right? They should only appeal to western gamers in Tokyo Games Show, right?

Maybe you should stop wasting time waiting for news from TGS.

I am not sure what you are talking about in regards to western games appeal. I mostly only care about japanese games. I will agree though that I have stopped wasting time for news from TGS as it has been consistently disappointing for years now. This was the last straw as I figured with next gen here there will be a big chance of getting news from TGS. You should check the rate TGS thread so you can realize most people on gaf are disappointed with the event just as I am.

To the other poster that said the sony conference was for TGS. I'm not sure if people feel that way/ It was a week behind the event where as at gamescon and E3, the conferences were at the event which makes a big difference on perception. I am mostly happy about the sony conference (minus the big question if any of those games will be localized). TGS however, we got ios annoucements, handheld annoucements, with someone making a valid arguement that handheld is dominating japan so it's not too surprising that console news are disappointing considering japan's track record in the last few years. Lots of delays again, no TLG, no FFXV, KH3, Ps4 jrpg exclusive.

Vita gamers are probably happy though which is fine. Vita TV also has potential if it's like apple Tv, plus the vita games, plus the ps4 streaming and psn integration. If it comes to that, it might be the best streaming device out of all competition (it would need to support android as well for the apps).

DSveno

Banned
To the other poster that said the sony conference was for TGS. I'm not sure if people feel that way/ It was a week behind the event where as at gamescon and E3, the conferences were at the event which makes a big difference on perception. I am mostly happy about the sony conference (minus the big question if any of those games will be localized). TGS however, we got ios annoucements, handheld annoucements, with someone making a valid arguement that handheld is dominating japan so it's not too surprising that console news are disappointing considering japan's track record in the last few years. Lots of delays again, no TLG, no FFXV, KH3, Ps4 jrpg exclusive.

Because Sony said so? They have to split their conference due to not enough time for TGS stage event time?

Because Sony said so? They have to split their conference due to not enough time for TGS stage event time?

They can still do it a day before so people think it's part of TGS. From all the posts I've read, most are not counting the conference as part of the event, which really hurts TGS' reputation. I completely forgot that nintendo should be there after reading people's comments asking about the company. That's pretty messed up. Anyways TGS is over. I think the only events to look forward to from now on is E3, Gamescon, VGAs and some random press conference events. For everything else, there's mastercard.

Top Bottom