• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's.......TGS.........Key.....note.........2013......................... ..huh

Verendus

Banned
Where's Verendus? Didn't he say there was going to be a big unnanounced JRPG announced for PS4? That would melt the hardcore? And didn't he also say TLG would show up? WTF man
Even though I didn't know the TGS plan exactly, I did say that TLG would be saved for a bigger event for its reveal since it's a chest thumping exercise. I also said that the unannounced JRPG is in early stages, so I'm not sure why you'd expect that at TGS. That's another game I don't think they'd announce at TGS when it does finally show up by the way, and it's a while off. Don't think everything I mention is around the corner since it isn't. You're looking at 2015 and beyond games. The PS4 isn't even released yet!

Even though I didn't know the TGS plan exactly, I did say that TLG would be saved for a bigger event for its reveal since it's a chest thumping exercise. I also said that the unannounced JRPG is in early stages, so I'm not sure why you'd expect that at TGS. That's another game I don't think they'd announce at TGS when it does finally show up by the way, and it's a while off. Don't think everything I mention is around the corner since it isn't. You're looking at 2015 and beyond games. The PS4 isn't even released yet!
You did say E3 2014. You certain that it won't even make an appearance at E3 2014?

Verendus

Banned
For the JRPG? Isn't there another one in the works as well?
Nah, for TLG. I'm sure we'll see it show its face before 2014 is over. I have no idea what they plan on doing with the unveiling of the JRPGs. Though, I'm sure if they show up, it'll be at an E3 most likely. It would make sense.

What happened to that large list of unannounced titles that Sony had banked up? Did we burn through all of those already?
You've seen 10 of them I believe. Another 10 to go.

LastNac

Nah, for TLG. I'm sure we'll see it show its face before 2014 is over. I have no idea what they plan on doing with the unveiling of the JRPGs. Though, I'm sure if they show up, it'll be at an E3 most likely. It would make sense.

There seems to be only one event left for thumping of chests.

So, given what was more or less implied to me at E3, there might be a few exclusives shown at the VGA's.

Or am I way off base?

B.O.O.M

Hey we haven't seen that SEGA game you mentioned yet right? The one where sony let go of the Sonic games for?

Jomjom

Banned
There seems to be only one event left for thumping of chests.

So, given what was more or less implied to me at E3, there might be a few exclusives shown at the VGA's.

Or am I way off base?

Well there is still that indie presentation for PS4 that will be livestreamed.

My hope is that somehow they consider TLG an indie game now (you could argue that a small team is behind it) and it's revealed at that. The little blurb about it did say that there would be "exciting announcements!"

So what's up with Metal Gear? How is it still so relevant?

I stopped playing around Solid, it just seemed like more of the same. Is it still good?

You stopped playing at Metal Gear Solid, a game that pretty much revolutionized stealth games, because it was "more of the same"? What is this madness?

Meh, TGS has lost it's flare from years ago. It used to be a big event to look forward to like E3 of japan but the last few years have proven to be shitty. Nothing to look forward to, just some trailers of games already announced. They should do the sony conference at tgs next time to give the event some spice.

CLEEK

Derivatives trading scandal at Sony Financial forced SCE to cancel them all. Sorry. Everyone go home.

They had to sell off the code and art assets for The Last Guardian as scrap. Will probably get bought up and used in a new Chinese MMO.

Dante316

It was expected that games are still early in development so not even teasing is being done. E3 2014 seems to be that key event that should bring usjoy. Though sony does use VGA to annoannounce a naughty dog game.

I-hate-u

Hey brother, would you kindly tell us if the VGAs will be nice to us Sony fans <3.

Reveirg

Meh, TGS has lost it's flare from years ago. It used to be a big event to look forward to like E3 of japan but the last few years have proven to be shitty. Nothing to look forward to, just some trailers of games already announced. They should do the sony conference at tgs next time to give the event some spice.

Really?

Because we got Gravity Rush 2, Phantasy Star Nova, Lily Bergamo, a new Matsuno game, Type-0 localization (seriously who thought that would pop up at TGS), FF Agito, Deep Down full reveal.

Good enough for me.

Dante316

Really?

Because we got Gravity Rush 2, Phantasy Star Nova, Lily Bergamo, a new Matsuno game, Type-0 localization (seriously who thought that would pop up at TGS), FF Agito, Deep Down full reveal.

Good enough for me.

I think he means the conference, it was kinda boring I admit. But game stuff looks cool.

where's Demons Souls 2? pretty damn sure multiple people tease it for TGS.

could still happen though, Gravity Daze 2 comes out of nowhere...

Salex_

All I want to see is a PS4 fighting game. Tekken, SoulCalibur, VF, Tobal, Bushido Blade.... something!
But no Capcom please
PL4v3.gif

Flatline

Banned
It's been a day and I can say with certainly now that yesterday's conference was the funniest thing I've seen for a very long time. The huh translator combined with gaf comments had me laughing uncontrollably for as long as it lasted. So simple yet so hilarious.

To change gears just a little bit, I know all the really sexy stuff will be saved for e3 next year and not TGS this year... but how realistic is it that we'll see one pop up at thre VGAs in December (as much as it pains me to say so). As much as the show is a bit of a wank it is on TV and gets pretty decent coverage, plus Naughty Dog seems to have a thing for them... do we think we could get multiple PS4 reveals maybe? EDIT: Ah, looks like this has already been asked a couple times whoops

Also I woke up and Persona 5 wasn't announced, I am disappoint TGS.

EMT0

Banned
Really?

Good enough for me.

Wait, what?! Do you have a link for that?

Reveirg

Wait, what?! Do you have a link for that?

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/tgs-agito-type-0-fan-support-and-the-intimacy-of-portables

USG: So the prospect of a localized Type-0 isn't entirely off the table?

HT: Yes, it will definitely be localized. Obviously the release of Agito factors into this decision, but it wasn't just that. I now hear from the subsidiaries that Type-0 is something that they really want released in their regions. With Agito coming out -- Agito coming out is a certainty for North America and Europe -- the subsidiaries' opinion was that releasing Agito without having access to Type-0 would not be the best idea.

[Note: Tabata and Square Enix later clarified that a U.S. release of Agito has not been confirmed, but that it is being localized with the intent of an overseas release, and that a Type 0 localization is in the final stages of planning.

Reveirg

WHAT IS THIS

so is it gonna be the PSP game or an up port or...

The whole article is a good read and goes in-depth into the reasoning behind the lack of localization so far.
And for your question:

USG: So the idea of Type 0 coming west, that would be for PlayStation Network, and not a reworked version for iOS or other smartphones?

HT: Yeah. The current direction that we're going in is not the iOS or Android application route. But like you say, the same platform. It was originally designed for a handheld console environment, so that's what we're going for still.

Which most likely means PSN release, for PSP/Vita. (But that's speculation)

Is the list in the OP correct? I can't imagine there only being 10 small announcements from Sony at TGS.

To be fair, the real Pre-TGS conference was on September 9th, and it was full of announcements. This was the keynote, not the same thing.

Really?

Good enough for me.
I don't count handheld games. Lily was announced a week ago, it's technically not tgs. Plus if the game is not localized to me its the same as not existing.

Deep down had nice gameplay for the dragon fight, the rest was boring but it's something if you're into having the main character design look like an average soldier. Hopefully costumizations will remedy that otherwise I won't take a second look at it. We'll see if there's anything else.

Reveirg

I don't count handheld games. Lily was announced a week ago, it's technically not tgs. Plus if the game is not localized to me its the same as not existing.

Deep down had nice gameplay for the dragon fight, the rest was boring but it's something if you're into having the main character design look like an average soldier. Hopefully costumizations will remedy that otherwise I won't take a second look at it. We'll see if there's anything else.

It was the pre-tgs conference though... It's always been where most announcements are made. They're rarely made on the actual show floor. That's also true for E3.

And "not counting handheld games" for the japanese market in 2013 well... it's pretty much guaranteed you'll end up disappointed.

B_Boss

Damn....like a buffoon I've been searching throughout the day for anything TGS related and did come across some good stuff (posted here, reddit, etc) but was expecting a stream from somewhere....tsk.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Does anybody have a youtube link to the 1st part of the keynote, I heard the translators were hilarious

MarkusRJR

To be fair, the real Pre-TGS conference was on September 9th, and it was full of announcements. This was the keynote, not the same thing.
Why was the stream 5 hours long though if there was only 10 or so small announcements? When did Gravity Rush 2 get announced? I just heard about it today so I came in here to see if anything was else announced.

Top Bottom