• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's.......TGS.........Key.....note.........2013......................... ..huh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a thread :lol

Bailers

I'm frankly annoyed at all the goalpost shiftings when it comes to expectations from Sony.

Sometimes it feels like people just want there to be bad news from Sony simply because MS is doing badly.

I think people want that one "big" game, like Uncharted or GoW. Sony already has the big game with KZ. There won't be anything new like that until February now, unless Uncharted is announced at VGA.

I think people want that one "big" game, like Uncharted or GoW. Sony already has the big game with KZ. There won't be anything new like that until February now, unless Uncharted is announced at VGA.

I think it will be announced at the VGAs, considering both Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us were announced there.

I get how people feel impatient, but as has been repeated many times before, we know the games are coming... so why get worked up over them? I can't wait for next year, where we should hopefully get a few new AAAs dropped, along with the many smaller games to get us through the year.

It´s a little bit disappointing nothing "big" really came out of this TGS event but that was expected. What is the pressure for Sony to play its best cards now? Sony will probably sell everything it has to sell anyway and leaving the big guns resting a bit leaves a lot of space for Killzone, Drive Club, Knack and Infamous. A new Uncharted game would have stolen gamers' attention, i guess we'll hear nothing about Sony's top franchises until these "lesser" games launch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So now that TLG is confirmed dead... what are your opinions about this?

DSveno

Banned
Source? So far it's been confirmed to be alive, and quite well.

It´s a little bit disappointing nothing "big" really came out of this TGS event but that was expected. What is the pressure for Sony to play its best cards now? Sony will probably sell everything it has to sell anyway and leaving the big guns resting a bit leaves a lot of space for Killzone, Drive Club, Knack and Infamous. A new Uncharted game would have stolen gamers' attention, i guess we'll hear nothing about Sony's top franchises until these "lesser" games launch.

But really, what is considered "big" for you guys? Yakuza Ishin is big. Gundam is big. Heck, even IdolM@ster is big (remember what helped 360 in Japan at launch?).

This is TGS. Not western convention.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?

But really, what is considered "big" for you guys? Yakuza Ishin is big. Gundam is big. Heck, even IdolM is big (remember what helped 360 in Japan at launch?).

Madoka Magica Vita is big too. Monster Hunter G is not big though.

Yoshichan

So I've heard that Dragon Age : Origins, LA Noire, Alan Wake & Duke Nukem are now all dead games because the game didn't get released within 4 years of its announcement.
It's dead. Just give it up. It's hard for me to take on this as well, trust me. But it's dead.

Yoshichan

I'm sorry, but if Ueda would stop posting pictures of him gaining new high scores on Facebook, then I would've maybe given this game hope.

But really, what is considered "big" for you guys? Yakuza Ishin is big. Gundam is big. Heck, even IdolM@ster is big (remember what helped 360 in Japan at launch?).

Sorry, none of these titles are big to me. The Last Guardian is. A un-announced From Software game would be.

My expectations were not set to high anyway. It's TGS after all and japanese studios are pretty much out of the home console business.

Sony's announced a ton of stuff already, I frankly don't expect any more.

I mean, seriously, in the past one week, they've announced:

PSVita:
Phantasy Star Nova
Gravity Daze 2
Danganronpa : Another Episode
Danganronpa 3
Soul Sacrifice : Delta
Gundam Breaker (port of PS3 game)
Kagero : Dark Princess ( coming to PS3 as well)
Sengoku Musou 4 ( coming to PS3 as well)

PS4:
Dynasty Warriors 8 : Xtreme Legends (on Vita & PS3 too)
Natural Doctrine ( on Vita & PS3 too)
Yakuza Ishin ( on PS3 too)
Lily Bergamo
Gundam
IM@S
Dream C Club
Earth Defense Force

I can't see how that's not a lot of games.

Verendus never said those announcements will be coming at TGS.

Not to mention any announcements in TGS will be focused on Studio Japan titles, and Studio Japan's not likely to be releasing a huge PS4 title anytime soon. I mean, look at their schedule :

- Puppeteer ( just released )
- Rain ( October )
- TLG ( TBA )
- Knack ( November )
- Freedom Wars ( 2014 )
- Gravity Daze 2 ( 20...14/15?)
- Soul Sacrifice : Delta ( 2014 )
- Deep Down ( 2014 )

Any big PS4 title from Studio Japan will probably be 2015, at least.

Yeah, I was expecting (well hoping), some big announcements from Sony's own teams (namely TLG). Perhaps a few third party megaton announcements too - Demon's Souls 2, Western announcement for Yakuza 5 and Ishin, etc.

I'm counting ~16 games announced between Vita/PS3/PS4, and that's only with the pre-event and day1.
What did MS announce so far?

Sigh.

Anything going to happen to the insiders claiming/thinking that we would be seeing a bunch of games here @ TGS? Does Sony have more stuff to show?

Where's Verendus? Didn't he say there was going to be a big unnanounced JRPG announced for PS4? That would melt the hardcore? And didn't he also say TLG would show up? WTF man

It's dead. Just give it up. It's hard for me to take on this as well, trust me. But it's dead.

Yes.

I'm sorry.

Moved on a long time ago. It's hyper dead.

I've been dreaming of the return of the TLG like a rising phoenix coming out of nowhere and scoring crazy high scores blowing the pants off of anyone who doubted the games existent
then I wake up... go on GAF see that the game wasn't shown at another game event and begin to cry

but.... BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just got to Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoGAF_logo.png

We should just change the NeoGaf subtitle from BELIEVE to The Last Guardian and it would still get the same motto across -_-

Top Bottom