• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny announced for the PSP

Barrett2

So, um, anyone still playing this?

Specifically, aside from the one on Game FAQs, anyone have a link to a good Kratos move-list or guide? thanks.

Saw this thread got bumped and was really, really hoping for a patch / update to vanilla SC4 with the changes from Broken Destiny. I know there is like a 0.01% chance of that happening but still.

Sir Garbageman said:
Saw this thread got bumped and was really, really hoping for a patch / update to vanilla SC4 with the changes from Broken Destiny. I know there is like a 0.01% chance of that happening but still.
I'm positive the next news we hear will be SC5. SC4 is dead.

Barrett2

dsmoke1986 said:
Yeah, what's up with some price drops, I'm getting tired of waiting...

Same. After waiting four months for a drop, I gave up and just bought the damn game at $40. I really don't see the point of these publishers keeping the PSN price so high when most retailers long-ago slashed the price of older PSP games. Even if they only saw a modest sales bump, seems better than letting games languish at prices double what you pay at retail for a NEW copy of the game.

That being said, the game is rad. Kratos plays really well, great visuals, and the controls aren't too bad, all things considered.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
lawblob said:
So, um, anyone still playing this?

Nah, in light of the huge number of portable RPGs I perpetually have on my plate, SC's single player content wasn't anywhere near compelling enough to keep me playing. And, of course, I don't know anyone else locally that owns the game.

G0523

I bought this game a few weeks ago from Amazon because it was their Deal of the Day ($20). I played it a little bit and it's cool and everything but I haven't gotten into it yet because of school-related work. So far, I love how it looks but I hate that there's no arcade mode and no online. Okay, no online is fine I guess 'cause there'd be lag but no arcade? I'm just reduced to a faux-lobby and training mode that disguises itself as a story mode.

Bitching aside, the controls are spot on and I like that the Soul Calibur "feel" is still in this game. I'll try to get more into it this summer.

i got this game last week in the EU PSN sale, it's pretty great! haven't really enjoyed a soul calibur since II, but i like the basic "play lots = win hats" VF-style structure.

Top Bottom