• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So against my best interest i decided to Sub today after i got my Jedi Sentinel to lvl 12. I'm enjoying it so much i just thought what the hell. Already feeling the benefits. Sprint <3

Spent my cartel points on one of those boxes with rare stuff in it. Got a speeder, a flying pet and some other stuff. Activated the pet fell off the map and when i revived the pet was gone lol gutted.

Question do i have to be on a US server to join the gaf guild? both my characters are on Euro servers.

You can recall the pet from your abilities windows. Shortcut is P and then he'll be in the Pets section :)

Heysoos

So against my best interest i decided to Sub today after i got my Jedi Sentinel to lvl 12. I'm enjoying it so much i just thought what the hell. Already feeling the benefits. Sprint <3

Spent my cartel points on one of those boxes with rare stuff in it. Got a speeder, a flying pet and some other stuff. Activated the pet fell off the map and when i revived the pet was gone lol gutted.

Question do i have to be on a US server to join the gaf guild? both my characters are on Euro servers.

Yes, to be in the GAF guild you have to be in Jedi Covenant (US server). :(

Alur

The pet should still be in your pet tab under your abilities, just gotta click him to turn him on.

As for the GAF guild, yes, you need to be playing Republic side as well as on the US server Jedi Covenant.

EDIT: LOL 3 simultaneous answers. We are so helpful!

Has any one else seen the return of the ability delay? I've been seeing it a lot lately. It doesn't seem like it's all the time or maybe it is location based, I dunno.

Has any one else seen the return of the ability delay? I've been seeing it a lot lately. It doesn't seem like it's all the time or maybe it is location based, I dunno.

Since f2p launch I see it in various areas, it seems to be lag as it's not all the time. Section X is real bad at it with major delays since its so crowded lately

RPGCrazied

So, 3 days later. I still have a $1.00 charge from swtor.com. And no coins. I tried calling them, but was waiting for over an hour and just hung up. Should I try again, or just forget it? Thank goodness the full $10.00+ didn't post. I tried emailing them, all I get is automated bullshit.

I should've just waited on those cartel coin cards at retail stores.

Alur

So, 3 days later. I still have a $1.00 charge from swtor.com. And no coins. I tried calling them, but was waiting for over an hour and just hung up. Should I try again, or just forget it? Thank goodness the full $10.00+ didn't post. I tried emailing them, all I get is automated bullshit.

I should've just waited on those cartel coin cards at retail stores.

That I don't know. On the one hand, I'm surprised you haven't been able to contact them because that's pretty shitty on them, but on the other hand it is strange they put the temporary charge on and never the full charge. I'd say you are probably SOL. Did you try the route of opening a ticket in game?

Their CS number has been jammed since F2P launch. My GF had to get her authenticator moved to her new phone and she left the phone on hold with speaker while playing another game. Took an hour and a half before someone answered. They have a ton of folks on their forum having trouble with subs and purchasing cartel coins.

RPGCrazied

That I don't know. On the one hand, I'm surprised you haven't been able to contact them because that's pretty shitty on them, but on the other hand it is strange they put the temporary charge on and never the full charge. I'd say you are probably SOL. Did you try the route of opening a ticket in game?

Yep, again was automated:

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Star Wars: The Old Republic Account.

In order to better protect your account, all Billing, Subscription and Account Security issues are dealt with via our Customer Service telephone support.

You can contact our Customer Service team using a mobile phone, landline or VoIP (such as Skype, Viber, Google Voice etc.).

Please note that international call charges can be avoided by using a VoIP programme, as most major VoIP programmes offer free calls to US '1800 numbers'. If you have access to a VoIP with this option, our number is +11-855-467-9867.

You can contact us using a mobile phone or landline by clicking on the following link and finding our customer support telephone number for your specific country: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200

Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.

You can also avail of our self-help section on the website which contains many articles which can provide you with further information on our most frequently asked questions. For Account and Billing enquiries, you can visit our Help Center here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1863.

If you have any questions relating to our recently announced Free To Play option, you can view them in our Help Center here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

Regards,

Protocol Droid M0-T0,
Star Wars (tm): The Old Republic(tm) Customer Service

----

So I tried again, this time it goes through! I get my coins, but I have another $1.00 charge. So around $13 to finally get it. Sheesh, if I get coins again it will be via the retail cards. What should I get? I will get the faster quick travel, should I get the speeder?

RPGCrazied

Get the speeder

I should have. :( I got more inventory space, show titles, couple of packs. Which all I got was an imperial banner, and a electric ball to throw at people. I got some consumables for faster xp in one of the packs. I also got 5 ultrachromes. Those worth anything? They are purple. How much are speeders with credits? Only have like 8k though.

daoster

So I'm a level 27 Jedi Knight Sentinel right now...and focusing all my stats on Strength...yet for some reason, when I compare my DMG on the character screen to my companion, Kira, her dmg output is higher than mine!

What gives?

HBroward

So I'm a level 27 Jedi Knight Sentinel right now...and focusing all my stats on Strength...yet for some reason, when I compare my DMG on the character screen to my companion, Kira, her dmg output is higher than mine!

What gives?

Most likely the presence attribute. If you have maxed out some characters and companions, you gain massive presence boosts. At lower levels your companions can do crazy damage then, even soloing golds and stuff.

RPGCrazied

Is there a way to get medical droids in the game, other than the cash shop? The quick travel was just a one time use, so its back to 2 hours. If you die, you have to res at the last hub or something.

RPGCrazied

Subscribing gives you unlimited med probes with a timer on reuse. Otherwise you got to buy those consumable ones in the cash shop.

Ok, thanks. I'm still kicking myself on not buying the speeder. You can't use mounts until level 25? I was reading it takes about 50k credits for the mount and training. I have 18k now. I sold those ultrachromes for 5k. I'm almost level 15.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know the Daily, Black Hole, and those PVE commendations (Tionese, etc.) cap for preferred players?

I don't like PVP at all, so I'm thinking about going F2P. The 3 lots for items in FPs a week is fine because I only do them with friends anyway.

Alur

HBroward, the trifecta is complete. I traded those 16 augment kits you made me, plus a Black Nebula Heavy Blaster, for a white war hero crystal. White crystal + mask + throne = we both win at F2P and are broke, amirite? Well, til the next influx of cosmetic items.

In other news, I ran a HM FP last night for the first time in months...or attempted to. Had a very well geared tank but was with my fresh 50 RL buddy who had no gear whatsoever. Right after the first convo in the FP I realize that I'm still in PVP bubble spec and I need to respec. I have field respec, so I was like "hold on just a minute and let me change from bubble spec to full healing spec." He pulls the first group, which is huge (Battle of Ilum). I'm in the talent screen and don't even realize he pulled anything til he was at 10%. So I'm trying to heal him with no talents, and obviously he dies, though I do manage to keep the rest of us alive. Promptly leaves the group and after 15 minutes of waiting for another tank we give up too.

Gotta love MMO's.

RPGCrazied

So I get the ship. I try out the ship missions, and I fail big time. I hope failures don't count as your 3 per week. Though I have absoultly nothing equipped on my ship, that's probably why. Where do you get ship gear?

HBroward

HBroward, the trifecta is complete. I traded those 16 augment kits you made me, plus a Black Nebula Heavy Blaster, for a white war hero crystal. White crystal + mask + throne = we both win at F2P and are broke, amirite? Well, til the next influx of cosmetic items.

In other news, I ran a HM FP last night for the first time in months...or attempted to. Had a very well geared tank but was with my fresh 50 RL buddy who had no gear whatsoever. Right after the first convo in the FP I realize that I'm still in PVP bubble spec and I need to respec. I have field respec, so I was like "hold on just a minute and let me change from bubble spec to full healing spec." He pulls the first group, which is huge (Battle of Ilum). I'm in the talent screen and don't even realize he pulled anything til he was at 10%. So I'm trying to heal him with no talents, and obviously he dies, though I do manage to keep the rest of us alive. Promptly leaves the group and after 15 minutes of waiting for another tank we give up too.

Gotta love MMO's.

So jealous. What a good trade!

Cystm

So I get the ship. I try out the ship missions, and I fail big time. I hope failures don't count as your 3 per week. Though I have absoultly nothing equipped on my ship, that's probably why. Where do you get ship gear?

The GTN or you can buy them with tokens earned from completing space missions. The vendor is right near the speeder trainer on the Fleet, if I remember correctly.

joeposh

Just started playing this and am already way too into it. Great game.

Quick question for people who might be a bit better versed in this stuff. I just went back and did a [Heroic 2] side mission based around finding and killing Lord Sadur. I completed the mission and got his ring, but the objective didn't clear from the menu -- I then went to the designated dropbox and wasn't highlighted, so I couldn't deposit ring and close out the mission.

Two things to note, I've tried to go back and see if the run respawns, but it doesn't. The room is totally clear though the mission marker is still on the map. The other oddity is that I died during the initial run, and upon respawning I went back and it hadn't reset (everyone I had killed was gone, which seemed weird), so perhaps that has something to do with it? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like a bug to me. Any way to try and resolve that or should I just move on?

Milly79

VADER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't have it all, can we? ;)

What's your build list? I need to build a new PC soon. MicroCenter had an i5 2500k for $99 that i missed out on. =(

Best I can do for now:

HiM8s.jpg

+
http://m.newegg.com/Product?itemNumber=N82E16822136769 for the HDD.

total was $540? Something earlier when I checked.

Hopefully my RMA'D 6870 works! :)

Quick question for people who might be a bit better versed in this stuff. I just went back and did a [Heroic 2] side mission based around finding and killing Lord Sadur. I completed the mission and got his ring, but the objective didn't clear from the menu -- I then went to the designated dropbox and wasn't highlighted, so I couldn't deposit ring and close out the mission.

Two things to note, I've tried to go back and see if the run respawns, but it doesn't. The room is totally clear though the mission marker is still on the map. The other oddity is that I died during the initial run, and upon respawning I went back and it hadn't reset (everyone I had killed was gone, which seemed weird), so perhaps that has something to do with it? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like a bug to me. Any way to try and resolve that or should I just move on?

Did you try to reset the quest by going to your quest log and hitting the reset button? You also got to make sure your not in the quest area/instance when you do that.

HBroward

A lot of times for those bonus missions, the last objective will be killing a gold rank mob. If it isn't in an instance (did you run through a green door?) than other people can kill the mob you are trying for. If you see the marker on the map with no mob, you usually have to wait a couple minutes for it to respawn. A tip to help speed up those situations: Open your map, and you can select a different instance of the planet if it is crowded. You can switch until you find one with the mob up. It saves a couple minutes usually.

Cystm

patch 1.6 is already up on the PTS!

• Travel to a remote Warzone to discover a brand new PvP battle mechanic. The Republic and Imperial forces are locked in an intense conflict to control two energy pylons. Fight to take control of these powerful pylons and kill enemy forces to discharge energy into your faction&#8217;s gate. The first team to open their portal unleashes deadly reinforcements to wipe out enemy players. But beware, those who attempt to control these objective points may find them to be a bit volatile!
  • Take on the best pilots in the galaxy. Navigate your ship to victory in new LeveI 50+ Heroic Mode Space Missions! With six new repeatable Heroic Mode Missions per faction, these updated Space Missions will challenge even the most skilled pilots. Players will earn Black Hole Commendations to spend on ship upgrades, high level gear, and more!

For those of you that already have a character, we encourage you to explore Ancient Hypergate and Heroic Space Missions. For your convenience, all Warzone matches on PTS will automatically be set to Ancient Hypergate. Please give us your feedback by posting on the Public Test Server forum. Unfortunately, we won&#8217;t be able to offer the ability to copy characters for this test. Be sure to visit the Star Wars&#8482;: The Old Republic&#8482; Test Center to learn more.

Yooni, you are going to be coming back at the right time!

HBroward

That is epic news, they are definitely doing it right, even if this is all just content they had held back in the pipeline. I seriously cannot wait for the new warzone, it will really spice things up. We need Elite War Hero armor stats, stat!

Ooo new space missions and warzone, nice. BH coms from the new space missions too? Can hear the cries from folks about them giving away end game gear to everyone lol

So what does that leave us that we know of coming? Assume after this will be the expected holiday event that folks found data on already perhaps since they treated the last event as one of their content updates but after that what updates can we expect I wonder since we have known about all the current stuff for a while now. There was talk of around January doing the new Illum relaunch/event thingie so that would possibly follow up any holiday event I assume.

Alur

That is epic news, they are definitely doing it right, even if this is all just content they had held back in the pipeline. I seriously cannot wait for the new warzone, it will really spice things up. We need Elite War Hero armor stats, stat!

This was my first thought, but I see nothing about the armor being in this patch. I thought it was confirmed for 1.6? PRZ BW PRZ!

HBroward

Highlights

Ancient Hypergate, a new Warzone, is available for play! Travel to an ancient ruin built around a Gree Hypergate and battle to control the precious lost technology for your faction.

New incredibly challenging Weekly [HEROIC] Space Combat missions are available!

All new Grade 7 Artifact Quality Starship Upgrades are now available!

Group Finder

Added a new Level 50 "Introduction to Group Finder" mission to the Daily Mission Terminal on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. This will be granted when players complete the Advanced Gear mission for their Class.

Group Finder categories have been updated with tooltips that provide a recommended gear rating and an outline of the rewards available from the content.

Increased Black Hole Commendations awarded by Story Mode Operations in Group Finder from 5 to 10.

Missions and NPCs

Added a new Level 50 "Advanced Gear" mission for each Class to the Daily Mission Terminal on the Imperial and Republic Fleets.

Items and Economy

Tionese gear available from the Tionese vendor no longer costs Tionese Crystals, and their commendation costs have been reduced for most items.

Ancient Artifact Storage Boxes can now be purchased for 25 Tionese Crystals from all Tionese vendors.

UI

The tooltips for several currencies will now explain how they can be acquired and what they can be used to purchase. These currencies include: Tionese Commendations, Columi Commendations, Black Hole Commendations, Daily Commendations, and Tionese Crystals.

The Flashpoint Commendations category on the Currency Window has been renamed to Endgame Commendations. Daily Commendations will now appear under the Endgame Commendations category.

HBroward

So...

Tionese gear available from the Tionese vendor no longer costs Tionese Crystals, and their commendation costs have been reduced for most items.

Please don't reduce the resell values, please don't reduce the resell values! This shall be my mantra for the next 5 weeks. Fear offhands galore!

kmz

Neo Member
More exciting than removing the crystal requirement (since I was always capped on those anyway) is that there's boxes you will be able to buy with those crystals that hopefully give good GTN/vendorable loot. Finally something to use those 1000 crystals on other than as contributing to the few Smug offhands I can buy with the comms.

Hela

I'm itching to play this, but the F2P model really puts me off.
No sprinting untill level 15? Why would they do that?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm itching to play this, but the F2P model really puts me off.
No sprinting untill level 15? Why would they do that?

<Old man voice>That's how we played the game back in the beginning and we loved it! Also we didn't have blasters or lightsabers, we had to fight with nothing but spit and if you were on Tattooine your mouth was so dry you could only kill 1 MOB every half an hour!"</old man voice>.

Seriously though, it's not that bad, the starter planets were designed with the lack of sprint in mind so they're not that big. Sprint at level 1 came in after everyone had done those planets and they wanted to get off them as fast as possible. The first time through you don't notice it very much.

Milly79

Thank you for ordering from Newegg.com. Please print this page for your records.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent to xxx once your order has processed. You will receive another e-mail with tracking information once your order has shipped. Orders are usually processed within 1-2 business days. In the unlikely event that we anticipate a delay in your order, you will be notified via e-mail.

Woohoo!

HBroward

Thank you for ordering from Newegg.com. Please print this page for your records.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent to xxx once your order has processed. You will receive another e-mail with tracking information once your order has shipped. Orders are usually processed within 1-2 business days. In the unlikely event that we anticipate a delay in your order, you will be notified via e-mail.

Woohoo!

Did you pay $2.99 to get it processed same day? Congrats though, can't wait to get you back in and learn the new mechanics, so far it's all easy stuff at least.

Cystm

Woohoo!

*NicholsonApproves.gif*

Milly79

Did you pay $2.99 to get it processed same day? Congrats though, can't wait to get you back in and learn the new mechanics, so far it's all easy stuff at least.

Nah, I didn't. I'm still assuming Fri-early next week.

And damn, that sucks. Only thing coming from TN is the case, rest from CA. Dammit Cystm!

Top Bottom