• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

UltraMav

So I waited four days for a CS response regarding BW rolling back my server and costing me Cartel Coins/items only to get a form letter explaining how complimentary cartel coins were awarded for subscribers and to send another ticket if I feel my "issue was not resolved." This game has the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any service; fuck, CS reps don't even read tickets before responding to them...

RPGCrazied

So, I already have 2 purple type items, but I can't use them. I don't think I want to purchase the license. It's like $11 or so just for that. I guess sell them on the GTN. I'm almost level 17, the reduction of XP I really can't feel, but I guess it won't really hit until like 30's or something.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So, I already have 2 purple type items, but I can't use them. I don't think I want to purchase the license. It's like $11 or so just for that. I guess sell them on the GTN. I'm almost level 17, the reduction of XP I really can't feel, but I guess it won't really hit until like 30's or something.

There are lots of quests, way more than I ever need to get to 50. A lot of planets have bonus series quests that are 7-10 levels after you would have already left the planet. For example the Nar Shaddaa quests end around level 24 but there is another zone that has the bonus series which is level 31.

Alur

*cracks fingers*

Alright, time to start grinding for Elite War Hero gear.

*After I finish these fucking tests.

I still haven't seen that they added the gear in the patch notes or anything. Maybe it's coming later or I overlooked it though.

Milly79

Another question, I have these various commendations, where do you spend them or what are they for?

Are they planet comms? If so, it's in the supplies section of the fleet on the lower tier. Quesh is the only one without a vendor on fleet. These are for pieces of gear, random boxes and mods/enhancements/armorings/barrels/hilts, etc.

If it's space comms, it's in the GTN area by the starship upgrades.

Flashpoint/Ops comms are the upper tier in supplies section.

Warzone/Ranked warzone are in combat training.

Trigger

Finally got my account straightened out and resumed my Sith Marauder. I hate how slow leveling feels, but man those Heroic quests really go a long way.

The gear is still there, but the War Hero Mainhand and Offhand don't require the previous tier trade in now. Armor still does unless that just changed.

Forum folks from what I'm reading now are saying that WH gear has taken it's place as they removed the BM vendor. Doesn't seem like you need to do any gear trade anymore

Alur

Forum folks from what I'm reading now are saying that WH gear has taken it's place as they removed the BM vendor. Doesn't seem like you need to do any gear trade anymore

This is the only sensible thing to do really. The gear gulf would be too large. I don't mind newbs (and my alts) getting easy gear if it means more people playing PVP. I did my work and had my fun, now I'll just do it again and rape em some more.

BTW - Dulfy has the costs of Elite War Hero gear up and the pics. Surprise, it looks like the Dread Guard version of War Hero...aka white armor. I like it though, I've been wanting that WH gear in white or black for a while.

Heysoos

This is the only sensible thing to do really. The gear gulf would be too large. I don't mind newbs (and my alts) getting easy gear if it means more people playing PVP. I did my work and had my fun, now I'll just do it again and rape em some more.

BTW - Dulfy has the costs of Elite War Hero gear up and the pics. Surprise, it looks like the Dread Guard version of War Hero...aka white armor. I like it though, I've been wanting that WH gear in white or black for a while.

Weaponmaster's color looks pretty much the same. The only color they seemed to have changed was the legs a little bit.. Maybe I need to see in game, but I see almost no difference. That's lame.

Cystm

They needed to change the yellow on the vindicator set to black! Fuck it looks lame :(

Everyone else's sets look good.

Cystm

Oh, we are talking about the test server huh, I'll see myself out.

Are you leaving? Come out here with me. We can talk about using Speed Boots in Warzones 5 months after it's been established that they cannot be used!

iboP0IY6VZKBZ6.gif

HBroward

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you the Ministers of Misinformation!

Yeah yeah. I healed all of HM TFB for the first time tonight, beat it in 2 hours, not the fastest clear, but not bad either. Only 3 wipes, and they were all just someone having a senior moment. (I had one of them in the last fight, didn't clear the range of one of the "bomb" adds in the tentacle phase.)

Tendo

I need some help with my sniper. I'm only level 12 but I feel so worthless in a group taking time to charge my shots. My rotation seems to be - make companion attack, ambush, dart, exploding probe, snipe, auto, snipe, then from there I just kind of get lost. Everyone else kills them os fast I don't get my shots off.

What am I doing wrong? Or is sniper the pits at low levels?

Milly79

Sniper isn't that great until level 36 when you get series of shots. It's very energy heavy. Try snipe -> rifle shot. Throw in explosive probe sometimes. I wouldn't bother with corrosive dart. Frag grenade is helpful for mobs. I would spec engineering until around 40, then switch to whatever you want. It's great for the lower levels as you get to use a lot of aoe.

On a side note, scheduled delivery is on the 27th. At least I'll be able to raid next week... :(

Damn Thanksgiving! 3-day shipping my ass! Ah well. Maybe it'll come earlier.

Giolon

I need some help with my sniper. I'm only level 12 but I feel so worthless in a group taking time to charge my shots. My rotation seems to be - make companion attack, ambush, dart, exploding probe, snipe, auto, snipe, then from there I just kind of get lost. Everyone else kills them os fast I don't get my shots off.

What's wrong is you're level 12. You have no skills and you have no talented skill synergies. IMO, one of the biggest failings of this game is that most classes take up to level 35+ to really feel awesome with their talent spec (Exceptions being, IMO, the Trooper/Bounty Hunter classes).

Milly79's tips are good ones.

HBroward

When I started doing flashpoints I felt the same way, absolutely useless. Don't worry, it changes pretty fast. Once you learn the class and pick up stuff in the skill trees it gets way better.

Milly79

Thanks dudes! I felt like I was more helpful as my merc but I enjoy playing sniper more. I'll stick with it!

They're both about the same in the end. Arsenal Merc pulls high ass DPS in raids, but sucks in PvP. Pyro Merc is severely gimped and if you're gonna roll that, may as well go Powertech. Bodyguard has the best single target heals and can take a massive beating.

Marksman Sniper has massive burst, but no mobility. Engineering is the 'worst' of the specs, but isn't terrible. Great for holding nodes in PvP. Lethality pulls high DPS in raids and is great in PvP for the aoe and has good burst as well. Most energy heavy spec + the rotation is a bit longer, but you have more to work with. Also dat mobility and shorter df cooldowns = god mode.
okay, not that good. :p

Either way, Arsenal Merc/Leth/MM Snipers are good choices. You can't go wrong.

HBroward

They're both about the same in the end. Arsenal Merc pulls high ass DPS in raids, but sucks in PvP. Pyro Merc is severely gimped and if you're gonna roll that, may as well go Powertech. Bodyguard has the best single target heals and can take a massive beating.

Marksman Sniper has massive burst, but no mobility. Engineering is the 'worst' of the specs, but isn't terrible. Great for holding nodes in PvP. Lethality pulls high DPS in raids and is great in PvP for the aoe and has good burst as well. Most energy heavy spec + the rotation is a bit longer, but you have more to work with. Also dat mobility and shorter df cooldowns = god mode.
okay, not that good. :p

Either way, Arsenal Merc/Leth/MM Snipers are good choices. You can't go wrong.

Hey we beat LD50 today a couple times. It was very nice. Wish you were there, postcards incoming.

I'm having an issue with my game crashing to the desktop. At the end of the Dark Talon instance I am trying to go to Drummond Kaas and when I hit the button to engage hyperspace the game shows the classic white line streak, but when it goes black to bring up the next area I crash to the desktop. Anyone else have this issue or know how to rectify it?

Alur

I'm having an issue with my game crashing to the desktop. At the end of the Dark Talon instance I am trying to go to Drummond Kaas and when I hit the button to engage hyperspace the game shows the classic white line streak, but when it goes black to bring up the next area I crash to the desktop. Anyone else have this issue or know how to rectify it?

Thread on SWTOR forums about this.

No real useful info there, other than it appears to only work in the regular version of these dungeons, but it does appear that at least a few people are having the same problem. As for me, I have no clue, sorry.

ShaneB

Got my TOR Encyclopedia today. Thing is a frickin tome it's so big, will check out more when I get home, but just looking through it and it's very very nice.

Alur

Thanks to me being an idiot and not realizing it could be added to an active account, and then being correctly guided by one half of the Ministers of Misinformation (that's right, he was RIGHT), I purchased a decently cheap collector's edition to add to my account. Can't wait to get that black CE trooper outfit for my alts. How much is that set anyway?

HBroward

Thanks to me being an idiot and not realizing it could be added to an active account, and then being correctly guided by one half of the Ministers of Misinformation (that's right, he was RIGHT), I purchased a decently cheap collector's edition to add to my account. Can't wait to get that black CE trooper outfit for my alts. How much is that set anyway?

Ahhh, sweet vindication. Too bad you can't turn your lightsaber into a sniper rifle, we could really confuse people then. But if I recall correctly, it's only 20-25k per piece of the set. Relatively cheap.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The whole "grats on 50, here's a whole set of gear to you get you going" is a pretty effective idea at helping with how overwhelming it can be jumping into the endgame, but the method is pretty uninspired. I'm not sure I could come up with a better solution, but the idea of just flat-out giving a whole set of gear away doesn't entirely sit right with me and seems kind of, I dunno, immersion-damaging?

Alur

The whole "grats on 50, here's a whole set of gear to you get you going" is a pretty effective idea at helping with how overwhelming it can be jumping into the endgame, but the method is pretty uninspired. I'm not sure I could come up with a better solution, but the idea of just flat-out giving a whole set of gear away doesn't entirely sit right with me and seems kind of, I dunno, immersion-damaging?

I'm glad they are doing it, for my own alts and for new 50's. I can sympathize with what you're saying though - it is a little strange as a character to scrap and claw for mods and gear on your way to 50, and then BAM, here's a full set that's way better than what you have. It makes a bit more sense in PVP, but I honestly believe it's needed as much or more for PVE as it is for PVP.

PVE gear progression is shit. If you aren't in a guild raiding HM/NM versions of the two latests ops, you're pretty much pugging. There's no in between. If your guild doesn't run HM FP's, you've really got no options cause often tanks leave if the DPS is undergeared, in my experience in HM FP's. As another example, you'd join an SM KP group, get kicked for having bad gear or harassed the whole run. Not a good experience for new 50's.

Hell, I queued into one with my full modded war hero gear instead of my rakata, because the stats are just better and it's augmented...had two 15k HP nubs telling me to L2P and that my gear was worse than what dropped in the story mode EV we were in.

The only way they could fix it without the free giveaway is to downtown all the HM FP's a little more, and fix the loot so that there are multiple columi drops and only columi and daily comms dropping...or give tionese out for free I suppose lol. In reality, these HM FP's should be dropping rakata already, they gotta keep the gear going up, not back in the past.

It's Tionese gear, it's not even that good, once you hit 50 it really is best for players to run dailies and mod our your own starting end game gear as it often stats out better than the tionese stuff. Tionese was also rendered pretty worthless also when they started giving out more rewards in the HM flashpoints, you often skipped much of the Tionese gear set. Tionese set is not good gear to even start raiding with

Don't see it as immersion damaging, heck you can say it's a reward for ending your story line and much better than the reward of "thanks for saving the galaxy", heres an email with 3k credits as thanks....

And it's also bait to draw new f2p players who hit 50 and suddenly they get a cool set of purples they can't wear, as well as the gear set for pvp you are given.... so that you might want to buy the purple gear unlock.

Milly79

I think the 27th as arrival is skewed. All the parts minus the case are in SC. The case is 45 mins north of me ATM, with the same estimation. Anyone know if UPS gets days off after Thanksgiving? I wouldn't think so with all the sales going on, but who knows.

Top Bottom