• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Tntnnbltn

The mouse itself is still at large. In the meantime, I am hiding inside my shower. It's the most mouse-proof location I have.

I do not like mice.

wtf why did they do a non-live streamed episode?

It probably has to do with the CBS deal.

I assume this is NA only?

As long as you can deal with latency to the NA servers and find an account to use, then you can play. I have one spare account so long as the person borrowing it doesn't fuck me.

NeoGAF SC2 2012 Tournament

Casters (tentative):
Hazaro
NiX
Scogoth

Player Roster:
PhoenixDark
Zzoram
Hazaro
demosthenes
Pandaman
fanboi
Spl1nter/Proven
(._.)
Pancakes
Tashi
867-5309
Hugoboss21

Quote and let me know if you want in.

I'm skipping out on GAF night tonight to continue planning this shit. If anyone wants to drop me some info on setting up the bracket, do so. That way there's less of a chance for me to fuck it up and result in Ultra Extended Series Micro/Macro sets.

Generally, do you want this to be taken seriously through and through? Right now the banner I'm making is somewhere in between serious and joking. Nothing too obscene and no literal ponies.

If yous need numbers to fill the brackets i will join in otherwise i'll probably sit this one out. I've played 1 or 2 games in the last few months and just don't have the time to play.

Edit: Getting my hand crushed at rugby didn't help either :p.

well then, enjoy setting up your brackets by yourself.

Thanks Panda <3. I didn't say there wouldn't be a horse, I just said there won't be the literal representation of ponies.

i can play depend on the day/date.
need to stop LoL and start sc2 though ;/

I'll poke around for dates that work for people over the next few days.

Update list:
NeoGAF SC2 2012 Tournament

Casters (tentative):
Hazaro
NiX
Scogoth
Ultron

Player Roster:
PhoenixDark
Zzoram
Hazaro
demosthenes
Pandaman
fanboi
Spl1nter/Proven
(._.)
Pancakes
Tashi
867-5309
Hugoboss21
Ultron
Q8D3vil
*AdventureRacing

(*In the bullpen)

Deadman

If they kept extended series after the group stage then every single match would be extended series, because everyone plays everyone else. Thats how far extended series has to go before they will remove it, 100% of games.

Zzoram

Is the tournament going to be Round Robin with 2 groups then seed top 2 of each group into a championship bracket, or a double elimination bracket?

ultron87

Doing a group stage could actually be kind of fun. Do it like GSL Code S groups so it doesn't take quite as long as round robin. That does make seeding a bit more complicated however.

Edit: Or I guess it doesn't really. Just do seeding the same way so group one in a 16 player tourney is seeds: 1, 8, 9, 16 and first matches are 1 vs 16 and 8 vs 9.

scogoth

why am i not in yet! add me !

terrible organizer. I say we get him drunk and gif him.

qWaVS.gif

Deadman

Is the tournament going to be Round Robin with 2 groups then seed top 2 of each group into a championship bracket, or a double elimination bracket?

Its one group of 8 players, they all play each other. 7th and 8th position are eliminated. 1st and 2nd get a bye straight to the semi finals, 3,4,5,6 play each other in a "round of 6".

In the group stage they will play 3 games, even if someone wins 2-0 they will play to make it 3-0 or 2-1.

Birdman02

I never post in this thread, but this is what I got from SOTG...

Bottom 2 are eliminated after round robin. The top 2 go straight to the sem-finals and the next 4 are seeded in a lower bracket. I assume the winner of the lower bracket will play the loser of the 1st semi for the grand finals spot, but I'm confused since they said no loser bracket.

EDIT: Beaten by Deadman

terrible organizer. I say we get him drunk and gif him.

Pfft, he didn't say he was in. I'm doing my job TO A TEE.

If this thing gets planned for a day, I'm picking your ass up, demanding you wear a suit and we cast.. illegitimately. With alcohol. We can sit facing the balcony to get the NY Arena vibe.

scogoth

Pfft, he didn't say he was in. I'm doing my job TO A TEE.

If this thing gets planned for a day, I'm picking your ass up, demanding you wear a suit and we cast.. illegitimately. With alcohol. We can sit facing the balcony to get the NY Arena vibe.

Sounds awesome, I'm in.

Zzoram

So someone got back to me really late about a room rental with a much better price and better location for my summer job. I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch this this place.

There goes my holding deposit for my other rental :'(

Oh well, this new place is so much cheaper that even losing the holding deposit, going with the new place will save me a lot of rent money over the 4 months, on top of gas money and time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm sorry man. He texted me this morning to inform me. I didnt know how to bring it to you....
Well I guess it was just a matter of time :_:

Top Bottom