• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddo0

I literally just hit the purchase button on JC2, Jagged Alliance 2/Disciples pack and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Hope I don't regret these, as they were my on the fence games.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yaska said:
And that was the end of Summer Camp \o/. Steam page back to normal.

Which means we need to wait until the winners for the grand prize have been announced. How long did it take after the winter sale?

Yaska

Toma said:
Which means we need to wait until the winners for the grand prize have been announced. How long did it take after the winter sale?
Well I don't really care, chances of winning are so low anyway :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
DoctorWho said:
I see some of the deals are still up.

NOT TOO LATE!

Yup, they are all still there. Only the banner is gone.

cicero

How soon people forget that about half a week before the initial announcement for Terraria Andrew “Redigit” Spinks announced that Nintendo lawyers had contacted him BY PHONE and demanded that he take down his remake Super Mario Bros. X and hand over his site and his youtube channel. But then suddenly no mention is made of this claim again, his site and youtube channel and any download mirrors are scrubbed and pristine just in time for a new major legitimate announcement. yeah...

Nintendo legal threats...It wasn't even a plausible story.

So now when there is a sudden shift in a sales price after five hours and it is blamed on an improbable "accidental" pricing error instead of willfull decision? yeah...

Toma said:
Yup, they are all still there. Only the banner is gone.

I picked up Vampire: The Masquerade after 1. Decided I should take the plunge.

Stupacabra said:
1468 specials showing for me still - all the Summer Sale stuff, but when you add them to the cart they show up at normal retail...

Vampire showed up at sale price.

Talyn

Stupacabra said:
1468 specials showing for me still - all the Summer Sale stuff, but when you add them to the cart they show up at normal retail...
I added Eschalon: Book I to my cart and bought it for $3.75 just now. That was the sale price so seems Valve is being slow to change some prices.

Petrie

Banned
cicero said:
How soon people forget that about half a week before the initial announcement for Terraria Andrew “Redigit” Spinks announced that Nintendo lawyers had contacted him BY PHONE and demanded that he take down his remake Super Mario Bros. X and hand over his site and his youtube channel. But then suddenly no mention is made of this claim again, his site and youtube channel and any download mirrors are scrubbed and pristine just in time for a new major legitimate announcement. yeah...

Nintendo legal threats...It wasn't even a plausible story.

So now when there is a sudden shift in a sales price after five hours and it is blamed on an improbable "accidental" pricing error instead of willfull decision? yeah...

It happens a few different times every damn sale. This isn't some conspiracy, he had nothing to gain from what happened.

Benedict

Last minute purchase: GTA IV Complete edition.
over 30gb... won't play that in a while.

I have bought several games I already have for PS3 this sale:

Fallout 3 GOTY (completed twice on PS3)

Fallout New Vegas (on my first playthrough on PS3)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (bought before christmas for PS3, haven't played it yet)
Borderlands (bought vanilla, sold that and then bought and GOTY on PS3. haven't played much yet.)

GTA IV Complete. (bought vanilla, sold that and then bought Complete Edition for PS3. maybe 5-10 hrs played on PS3)

cicero

BTW, thanks for the great threads, Salsashark. I read through almost the entire thing, minus ten pages or so. Also, thanks to everyone who took the effort to write those great impressions that peppered the thread. Really helped inform my buying decisions and kept me from picking up bombs.

cicero

Petrie said:
It happens a few different times every damn sale. This isn't some conspiracy, he had nothing to gain from what happened.
Except more money... Assuming that he assumed it wouldn't backfire like it did and maybe hurt sales. I never saw a pricing error on Steam during a sale that lasted anywhere near that long. The longest has always been around 30 to maybe 40 minutes. Five hours makes an accident seem incredibly implausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom