• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales Thread: remember: you can actually play after buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Buy JC2, and then download this. Unlimited, and unbreakable grappling hooks will end up making you forget to even complete missions. You'll be too busy playing around with the games physics.

Red

Shambles said:
Buy JC2, and then download this. Unlimited, and unbreakable grappling hooks will end up making you forget to even complete missions. You'll be too busy playing around with the games physics.
Is there any way to have multiple weapons mods installed at once? As far as I can tell, you can only have one weapons.bin file, and each mod has a different one.

spicy cho

In my cart right now:

Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
Jagged Alliance 2 / Disciples II Gold Combo
Vampire®: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Aquaria

Anything else I should grab? That wasn't on a daily sale.

Birbo

Tempted to pick up Battlefield 2 for $5. Is it worth it for single player alone? Might try some multiplayer, but as a console-mainly player who is horrible with K/M controls, I know I'll get destroyed.

masterkajo

Anyone up for gifting my Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines from the US before it is too late. I however do NOT have paypal. I could trade you a game of about €10.- from the EU store (but it probably will be a loss on your end).
Anyway, if despite this someone is willing to gift PM me. My steam id: âklambda

Nalsh

OniShiro said:
I'm on the fence on this one too, and Magicka.

Magicka is fun, cheap, and a game that will be supported for some time. Plus, they've proven that they can make hilariously ballsy decisions on where they want the franchise to go, i.e. Magicka: Vietnam.

Talyn said:
Have you tried Saint's Row 2?

Yes I've tried Saints Row 2 on console, good fun in co-op. Might look into a cheaper PC version for that mod, looks crazy =)

Gvaz said:
You can free roam all you want in an enormous enviroment but MP has never been a needed or included component in the just cause series.

Ah ok, I have no interest in SP games so I guess I'll just have to skip the Just Cause series.

Birbo said:
Tempted to pick up Battlefield 2 for $5. Is it worth it for single player alone? Might try some multiplayer, but as a console-mainly player who is horrible with K/M controls, I know I'll get destroyed.

Actually there's no single player in Battlefield 2. You can play the multiplayer mode against bots though or in co-op with friends, that's the closest thing to "single player" you'll find.

It's an amazing game imho but if you just want SP, you should skip it entirely, there's nothing worth paying for.

Gvaz

Banned
BlindCommunication said:
Ah ok, I have no interest in SP games so I guess I'll just have to skip the Just Cause series.
I think you're missing out but if it's something you're dead set on *shrugs*

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm a victim of that ridiculous age gate thing, I can't log in that New Vegas DLC page at all. Help?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does the Steam version of games have Securom? I never bothered chceking. I'd actually never bought from Steam bfore this sale.

MNC

GuardianE said:
Does the Steam version of games have Securom? I never bothered chceking. I'd actually never bought from Steam bfore this sale.
It's on a game by game basis. I think Batman has it for instance.

Arnie

Steam is so shit, the download speeds are so erratic, it keeps flying up to about 1mb/s then dropping out completely. My internet is completely fine.

Gvaz

Banned
Arnie said:
Steam is so shit, the download speeds are so erratic, it keeps flying up to about 1mb/s then dropping out completely. My internet is completely fine.
The servers are getting hammered dude.

Rufus

Arnie said:
Try a different download region. Settings > Downloads

Chavelo

Arnie said:

Most of the time the service/servers are fine, but the sale has crippled the servers. Wait it out, or change the download zone.

EDIT: Welp, beaten.

Arnie

Cheers for the replies, yes I did change my region and it let me get another 20% done, but now that trick isn't working for me it seems. Going to have to wait it out and play some Bad Company 2 on 360 whilst the PC version downloads. Not a knock against Steam really but more of one of my pet peeves with Digital Distribution in general. Luckily there is a pre-purchase feature for Steam so for most day one games it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

BigAT

anddo0 said:
About to pull the trigger on Jagged Alliance 2.

Is it as frustrating as people say?
Is frustrating code word for awesome? Because it's awesome.

Seriously though, I've played through the game several times now and I'm not really sure what there would be to get frustrated about. Maybe combat scenarios that don't go your way, but there's a quick save/load feature that lets you quickly reload whenever you want.

Kalnos

Banned
Info about Terraria price increase:

On a seperate note, I wanted to just make an apology about my not being around for the ‘situation’ with pricing on Steam this weekend. I was at Connecticon from Friday to Sunday. As for the issue itself, we did not intend the sale price to be 75% off at any time, so when the situation was noticed, it was corrected. Hence why it so quickly changed to 50% and caused so many so much grief. We’ve received many angry emails for people blaming us personally, and calling us greedy, but that is simply not the case here.

spicy cho

final haul:
Jagged Alliance 2 / Disciples II Gold Combo - 6.24
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - 13.39
Aquaria - 5.00
Assassin's Creed Collector's Pack - Summer Sale 2011 - 27.19
Terraria 4-Pack - 7.49
X3: Terran Conflict - 4.99
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - 2.49
SpaceChem - 5.09

Total: $73.68

mileS

after typing out my final list of games from the sale in the other thread, I decided it wasn't much so I just purchased Fallout New Vegas + all the DLC :eek:

Sye d'Burns

Princess Skittles said:
How utterly ADORABLE is it that people are accusing the developers for being greedy in that scenario?

Point

Gvaz said:
It took them FIVE HOURS to change it, people thought that was the normal sale.

Counterpoint

It was just a bad situation with understandable confusion.

Petrie

Banned
Still have a copy of Terraria up for trade for w/e you might have extras of, as well as a copy of CivCity: Rome if anyone is interested/looking!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
HBroward said:
Predictions for the daily deal once the sale ends in 7 minutes? :)

I predict there will be nothing.

Spoiler:
I win.

MNC

Petrie said:
Still have a copy of Terraria up for trade for w/e you might have extras of, as well as a copy of CivCity: Rome if anyone is interested/looking!
Paypal as well or not? What price?

Jomjom

Banned
The Quiet Man said:
Urgh, how do people get so mad over a couple of dollars? smh

I think it's more the principle than anything. Because it took them so long to change the price, it seems like they looked at the demand and thought they were selling at too low a price and was leaving money on the table. If they had changed it quickly like the SF4:AE mistake, people wouldn't have said anything.

HBroward said:
Predictions for the daily deal once the sale ends in 7 minutes? :)

My guess is Peggle.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
HBroward said:
No, I mean the regular daily deal, not plural.

Ah true, I completely forgot about those.

I think after the holiday sales there were 2 weeks without normal sales, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom