• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

swear during skype call on Xbox One: go right ahead. You won't be banned for that.

FranXico

The OP should be updated to clarify that this ban resulted from online multiplayer behavior and prevents the use of Skype as a side effect, not the other way around.

Having said that, LOL @ locking unrelated basic features behind the paywall.

I didn't mind the "no cursing on upload videos" deal, but this is going too far. I don't curse much but I do every once in a while.

This is the epitome of that Family Guy FCC episode where they were censoring life, except this is just your phone calls. Shame Microsoft.

EDIT: Nvm, this seemed to be a multiplayer issue instead.

Metalmarc

Im so going into a games store, walk past their xbones and sing

Mother mother fuck, mother mother fuck fuck mother fuck fuck
Etc haha

hodgy100

the-intellegent-robot-hal-9000.jpg

You can't Xbox Live Gold is required Dave

So don't swear? I mean everyone agreed to it when they agreed to the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. :p You guys know swearing in your profile is also a bannable offense, from the entire service, for 2 weeks? Swearing in a game chat is also bannable if you're caught, just there's no way to catch you. :p

Doesn't make it right, but we agreed to it. :p At least its not a service wide ban, that would piss me off.

So don't swear? I mean everyone agreed to it when they agreed to the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. :p You guys know swearing in your profile is also a bannable offense, from the entire service, for 2 weeks? Swearing in a game chat is also bannable if you're caught, just there's no way to catch you. :p

Doesn't make it right, but we agreed to it. :p At least its not a service wide ban, that would piss me off.

Do Rockstar and DICE as developers have to Abide by the Xbox alive code of conduct too ?

A typo on an error message + some dumbshit cussing on a video he uploads = MS scans everything about you and if you cuss the system bans you and shuts down.

sangreal

So you want children to watch a Upload Studio and see or hear totally unnecessary stuff without any warning?

they have the parental controls to limit it to only show clips from friends. otherwise I don't see how its any different from letting your kids on youtube

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this, i assume, is if you are reported? or does kinect actually do the banning? it has to be the former... i've dropped a number of bombs already...

sangreal

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/25/5...skype-upload-studio-users-banned-for-swearing

It was not related to Kinect or Skype. His account was banned for profanity in Upload studio which they can simply watch. Not sure how I feel about profanity as a bannable offense. But, I also do not want it to be non moderated and my children hear awful stuff or see private body parts either.

this needs to be in the OP

Top Bottom