• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version announced for Vita

Tizoc

Is Ami ami still the cheapest to get this game? I may just bite and pre-order it along with DMC4 SE off play-asia =X

i wonder if they'd get mad at seeing a request for a song from iidx

nah they'd probably just laugh at the thought of konami ever agreeing to something like that

Hey, there's already a jubeat song in the game from a recent rhythm game collaboration project both series participated in, it's never entirely out of the question!

You can play the physical copy of the game and everything on cart on your US account with your US Vita. If you want to download DLC (songs, costumes, whatever), you will need a Japanese PSN account and a memory card linked to that PSN account (and a means of adding cash for paid content, like a JP PSN code, which you can get digitally online. PayPal was just added to PSN, but I'm not sure if it works for Japanese accounts). This can all be done on any region system, though.

AmiAmi's a bit cheaper, and I personally use them more often, but I think either should be fine.

Shinriji

Angel Halo....?

KoolAidOhYeahman.gif

Oops, remember when it seemed like there was no preorder bonus?

Wellll, Amazon.jp has an exclusive version of the game that comes with a bonus song, Amazing Grace. I suppose it's possible that other retailers may end up with exclusive content too, but there's no sign of it yet.

Plus, if you're in the market for the Chinese version, there are some exclusive C-Pop songs that... I guess are also for preorders? Also this lil Don-chan:

Tying to manage forwarding from Amazon.jp or getting a Chinese copy of the game is a bit too much hassle for my taste, so... I'll be sticking with my AmiAmi order, lol. Unfortunately, typically limited songs aren't made available through any other means (at least that's how it was with PSP DX), so... yeah. It sucks, but those are most likely songs you just won't get to play otherwise.

edit: Actually, the retailer specific PSP DX song was put up for download at a later time, but a song that came exclusive to a Taiko-brand PSP Memory Stick was never made available. Sooo... who knows.

Azusa

Demo is available at Japanese PSN.

I played it a little and all I can say that RPG part is hard. I couldn't complete the first quest after several tries. So fast and bombs that are mixed in between red and blue things are killing my characters.

Usual song mode is the same as in the previous games on PSP.

muteki

My problem seems to be dealing enough damage before time runs out. I worked around this by focusing on attack in my equipment and it got me through the first couple of quests but next boss is hard.

I might be missing something, or if all I have to do is play well my combo chains just need to be higher.

Some of the quests only require you to reduce their life at least half. You don't have to defeat them.

I'm sure that in the full version, when you can properly get new equipment and level up more, you'll be able to defeat them more easily. But you're not supposed to now, and can't even if you FC unless you grind a ton.

Shinriji

Some of the quests only require you to reduce their life at least half. You don't have to defeat them.

I'm sure that in the full version, when you can properly get new equipment and level up more, you'll be able to defeat them more easily. But you're not supposed to now, and can't even if you FC unless you grind a ton.

That's when multiplayer comes into play.

aitakute

You can preorder the game on PSN now. I dunno what pre-ordering actually does since it doesn't download the game or charge you, but... uh... it gives you a PSN exclusive preorder song (Namco Original song Takara no Oka)

But more importantly...

this game music genre is fucking absurdly stacked

So the only way to get that song is preordering on PSN? Are there any other preorder bonuses? Also, the previously announced "Megaman 2 Willy stage theme, Tutti! and Uchouten Vivace aren't preorder bonuses but early purchase bonuses, right?

Aerocrane

The demo version doesn't seem to work on my Playstation TV. Has there been any official information regarding compatibility with the Playstation/Vita TV?

So the only way to get that song is preordering on PSN? Are there any other preorder bonuses? Also, the previously announced "Megaman 2 Willy stage theme, Tutti! and Uchouten Vivace aren't preorder bonuses but early purchase bonuses, right?

Yeah, that's right. These are the retailer exclusive preorder songs (which should hopefully also be offered as paid DLC), and the ones you mentioned are songs being distributed for free until the end of August.

aitakute

Yeah, that's right. These are the retailer exclusive preorder songs (which should hopefully also be offered as paid DLC), and the ones you mentioned are songs being distributed for free until the end of August.

They did say those preorder songs will be offered as paid DLC in the link you gave. Those songs are really good though

Tizoc

What are these songs exactly? I'm getting the JP retail ver. soon via pre-order.

SHarris78

Oh man, just been watching vids of this on youtube and I need it now!!!!!!!!!

In (what for me is) an incredible stroke of good fortune, I created a Japanese account on my UK Vita just a few days ago in preparation for IA/VT Colourful, so i'm downloading the demo as I type!!! Anyone know how big the full game is, waiting for my 16gb memory card to arrive and am using a 4gb for the time being.

I need this game for my VITA, can someone provide me a link on how to get it through PSN JP?

Something like this? You'll also need to get a Japanese PSN card to pay for the game, which you can buy digitally through sites like play-asia.

What are these songs exactly? I'm getting the JP retail ver. soon via pre-order.

I think this should do a decent job of explaining everything that's going on with pre-order songs.

Anyone know how big the full game is, waiting for my 16gb memory card to arrive and am using a 4gb for the time being.

606 MB, according to PSN. And then however much else for DLC.

OK.

So I preordered it via amazon.JP for the Preorder Bonus, and using Tenso to get it forwarded to me in America.

However, the preorder bonus is a code for a DLC song that can only be redeemed on the Japan PSN right? I don't have a Japan PSN.

How do I enjoy the DLC song while playing on my USA PSN?

SHarris78

Looks like the rpg part of the game is going to be impossible for non-Japanese speaking people - do songs uinlock as you go throught it? Probably never get to hear newer songs if thats the case - unless some kind soul posts a walkthrough.

Tizoc

Aw man Dr. Wily Stage 1 from Megaman 2?!
Curse you Sonty for not making the Vita have account function like PS3 ToT

Actually this being my first Taiko game I gotta ask...what's the difference between red and blue dots and do I need to press a different button for each color?

OK.

So I preordered it via amazon.JP for the Preorder Bonus, and using Tenso to get it forwarded to me in America.

However, the preorder bonus is a code for a DLC song that can only be redeemed on the Japan PSN right? I don't have a Japan PSN.

How do I enjoy the DLC song while playing on my USA PSN?

You can't.
Vitas only allow for 1 account on it. You'd need a Vita with a JP account to play the DLC songs :p

Aerocrane

Actually this being my first Taiko game I gotta ask...what's the difference between red and blue dots and do I need to press a different button for each color?

Check out the Taiko series discussion thread for explanation of the different note types. You have to hit different buttons for the red (Don) notes and the blue (Kat) notes.

Here's the control scheme selection screen of the V Version demo. This is the B scheme, in which you use L&R, left, up, triangle and circle buttons for Kat notes and right, down, square and cross for Don notes.

It seems the Vita's screenshot feature is disabled in the demo. I hope that restriction is removed in the full version of the game.

here come the day 1 dlc packs lol

Popular Song Pack 1 (500 yen):
Ai Uta
Daydream Cafe
Atatakain Dakara♪
Chain Chronicle Normal Battle Medley
DEBSTEP!

Popular Song Pack 2 (500 yen):
maximum the hormone
Sousei no Aquarion
Ultraman X
Sengoku BASARA BGM Medley
Joubutsu2000

Looks like the rpg part of the game is going to be impossible for non-Japanese speaking people - do songs uinlock as you go throught it? Probably never get to hear newer songs if thats the case - unless some kind soul posts a walkthrough.

The RPG mode should be pretty easy to get through without language knowledge, I'd imagine. It seems as though it just involves accepting Quests and Missions and then playing songs to clear them, though I suppose selecting and equipment and whatnot may involve a bit of reading. If you can manage it in the demo you should be fine, and if not I'm sure people can provide help at launch. But yeah, songs will definitely be unlocked through Donder Quest, at the very least a final boss song.

Takao

Banned
If there was ever a game that could've put Vita's touch panels to good use Taiko would've been it. C'mon Namco, not even an alternate control scheme?

Tizoc

Check out the Taiko series discussion thread for explanation of the different note types. You have to hit different buttons for the red (Don) notes and the blue (Kat) notes.

Here's the control scheme selection screen of the V Version demo. This is the B scheme, in which you use L&R, left, up, triangle and circle buttons for Kat notes and right, down, square and cross for Don notes.

It seems the Vita's screenshot feature is disabled in the demo. I hope that restriction is removed in the full version of the game.

Thanks I'll look it up.

eastx

No word on PS TV compatibility yet?

My preorder should ship from Play Asia within the next day or two... Can't wait. Well, except when I think of the DLC songs I'll have to miss out on since I'm not dedicating a system to a Japanese account.

it is a mystery

There are some signs in favor of it having PSTV support, such as the game appearing on the PSTV homepage and the settings menu including timing offset, which is in every console Taiko but no handheld Taiko thus far, and some signs against it having PSTV support, like the demo not supporting it and there being no indication at all of it being compatible. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

eastx

Bad news. I got Taiko no Tatsujin V and discovered it's not PS TV compatible. In fact, you can't even take screenshots while playing on the Vita. Thanks Bandai Namco!

So annoying! I really wanted to stream it.

Top Bottom