• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales Of Berseria (PS3/PS4) Announced, has female protagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

Sorry but I'm going to be too embarrassed to play as her. Gotta pass.

If you preorder, you're sure to get a costume where she's wearing more clothes!

One more shot.

yKFE6o4.jpg

dramatis

I wish Famitsu would realize we're living in an HD generation and 640x360 screenshots are just bleeeehhh.

The environments look appropriately colorful, and it seems like the team realized that if the game is going to take place where there's a lot of water, the water should look nice.

Pooya

I can only imagine her DLC costumes will look much better to get people to buy them

or maybe that's why it is called Tales of Berseria

a bear teared through her clothes before the game started

she probably goes berserk like a werewolf or something. her 'cloths' look horrible but I think they will have some narrative excuse for it.

Tizoc

It's one thing to have a female character as the main character.
It's another to have a well written and presented female character.

I personally don't see all the hype for this protag considering she'll be hit with dozens of anime cliche tropes :/

Squalor

Cross-generation disappointment.

Her clothes are fucking garbage.

Come on, Japan. She's a fucking warrior. Her tits and ass don't need to be out.

If you preorder, you're sure to get a costume where she's wearing more clothes!

One more shot.

yKFE6o4.jpg

I'm still hyped about Zestiria (especially with the PS4 announcement), but that already looks more appealing than any single screen that they ever released for that game.

Tizoc

Cross-generation disappointment.

Her clothes are fucking garbage.

Come on, Japan. She's a fucking warrior. Her tits and ass don't need to be out.

I take you've never heard of chainmail bikini :p
I think the design is moronic, but I'd look past it if her characterization is good.

First solo female character and this is her design? I mean, I don't mind the wackiness of the shreds and belts -- it's unrealistic, but I'm used to equally unrealistic designs. But, this is the kind of message they want to send? At least cover up the chest and close the shorts, jesus christ.

If the game is good, I'll pick it up used when it's dropped price. If it's even mediocre, I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom