• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Does anyone agree with the opinion that the game looks ugly? (character models)

The models seem almost entirely untouched, outside of characters with redesigns.

Just look at Alisa's blue rose, or the flowers in her hair

ibuSlHcdrHxi6X.png

It's not something you would notice during gameplay, sure, but it's absolutely something that you notice in these intros. If they're supposed to look like papercraft, uh... good job?

Rheon

No the models have definitely been touched, it's just that they seem to have ignored the 'extra' stuff.

It's pretty disappointing that we're still seeing such low quality assets this gen but meh.

Creaking

The faces (for the females, at least) and some of the hair has been altered, textures have been improved here and there, and lighting is better where it isn't misused, but the core models themselves look like they were pulled straight from Tekken Tag 2, which were basically pulled straight from Tekken 6.

GrayFoxPL

Doesn't she have like... 30 moves or something? To me, Eliza was just Namco trying out projectiles in Tekken. I wouldn't mind seeing her as a real character in Tekken 7.

Good games yesterday, GrayFoxPL. We played a lot better than last time. Playing more patient really helps a lot.
Good games to Doomshine, too. Sorry I didn't have much time when I invited you.

Good games. I messed up bad in combos because of buttons. Jin's filler b+3 F+1+2 I forgot this button is 3+4 now so b+3 F+3+4 aaaa! I was like "Jin why?" Lol. week or two and it's gonna be ok.

I agree. The models are not impressive (for a game made 7 years after Tekken 6), though the clothes look good, faces are super smooth and clean with little detail like they were made with Soul Calibur editor. The eyes still look wrong and dead. Hair looks like piece of plastic and it shines, everything shines. Maybe just the trailer but it looks like everything has some color tint or filter, in loctest the game had clearer colors so maybe that's just "artistic edit.".

The stages are pretty cool, especially the snowy (Russian?) military base, but did you notice? There is not a soul alive on them. We know Tag2, Revo removes most of the moving background stuff and uses these cpu reserves for better netcode. Do T7 have barren backgrounds by default for netcode boost since the game runs online in arcades now? Does it mean the engine is so unoptimized they still have to do it, because Jesus still not enough cpu power to handle backgrounds and netcode? Maybe PS360 port incoming after all.

What is ironic in all this is that the only flashy things in T7 graphics were the insane procedural sparks that seemed to fly in all directions bouncing from objects and shit and slomo that made the power moves look really powerful. Now the sparks are simplified and pathetic with likely no physics, slo mo is toned down as well. Because the engine is shit. (Not UE4 itself but how the unoptimised version for this game.)
So what's left now?

Kazuya's coat(hopefully physics slider not turned down to 2/10).

Yes, I most certainly want Vampire girl to return in Tekken 7. I unlocked her twice on two accounts and had a blast playing her. Only lost a bit of interest because she is simply incomplete.

I am personally not sold on Xiaoyu's new look, but I am giving it more time. Just like her new voice actor took me some time in TTT2. Not really sure why the change other than perhaps to make Xiaoyu easier to be cosplayed. Overall, I like the look of the game. The serious tone is very welcomed. Chloe bothered me for a time, but I am over it.

I only hope for a Tekken Revolution like release for Tekken 7 on consoles, so the world doesn't have to sit idle while Asia explores the game. I'd consider it a slap in the face if I was Arabic and knew I could not touch this new Arab character for a year. If Harada doesn't remedy this arcade/console situation. His words about the worldwide appeal of Tekken is a lie to me. But what do I know, I am just a dumb American who only wants buff skinheads in my games.

AAK

So Chloe isn't Japanese, just a fan of the culture. Well that changes everything, I have to support a weeaboo character.

T7 |OT| We're up all night to get Lucky Chloe

OH wow... Despite how depressed I get everytime I see that character... this was pretty damn good haha.

I think people should vote on it.... and if no one has anything to say, I guess this one wins since a few people already liked it.

TTT2 |OT2| Eliza and Chloe sitting in a tree, wishing they could be in T-T-T.

Turrible.png

I LOL'd :)

Brand new sealed copy of ttt2 360.

Online pass is rejected. Try again carefully and no dice.

Bring it back to the shop and they tell me since it opened I could have used the code already.

For fucks sake. Another $10 to play online?

Sigh. Back to Killer instinct I go :(

What? That's ridiculous. Do the online pass codes have an expiration date or something? Sorry to hear that, but there has to be something someone can do. Did you try to contact Namco?

I've said this before but if Tekken 4 got a Bloodline Rebellion style re-release patch with some new characters, I wonder things would have been. But alas we'll never see it considering how much Harada hates it.

I think the game looks beautiful... but it's just so hard to see because the characters (except Lars and Kazuya) are wearing the exact same shit we've been seeing them wear forever. The homogeneous artstyle for 10 years is hurting the visuals.

And this is before those putridly ugly butterfly wings, aura's, 10 ft topknot hairstyles start polluting the screen.

It's character evolution, it's the result of all the deathfists landed on Bryan's face between Tekken 6 and 7.

Knee Twitch stream! http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee

Holy Shit am I seeing this right... Nobi and Knee are having a deathmatch???

Awesome thanks for posting :)

Yes, I most certainly want Vampire girl to return in Tekken 7. I unlocked her twice on two accounts and had a blast playing her. Only lost a bit of interest because she is simply incomplete.

I am personally not sold on Xiaoyu's new look, but I am giving it more time. Just like her new voice actor took me some time in TTT2. Not really sure why the change other than perhaps to make Xiaoyu easier to be cosplayed. Overall, I like the look of the game. The serious tone is very welcomed. Chloe bothered me for a time, but I am over it.

I only hope for a Tekken Revolution like release for Tekken 7 on consoles, so the world doesn't have to sit idle while Asia explores the game. I'd consider it a slap in the face if I was Arabic and knew I could not touch this new Arab character for a year. If Harada doesn't remedy this arcade/console situation. His words about the worldwide appeal of Tekken is a lie to me. But what do I know, I am just a dumb American who only wants buff skinheads in my games.

Damn, you unlocked Eliza on 2 accounts? How much did that cost you and how long did it take???

AAK
Didnt take that long with the Mokujin Rush. I guess they cost me $10 in the premium coins. Which for me and my arcade history, Premium Coins are dirt cheap. I would go for her Bikini, but the increased stats and levels has dropped my interest in TR. Still love the game, but winning games with my NO stat Xiaoyu has gotten to be pretty hard. The stat difference is just too hard to overcome now. Beating somebody at 200 power and a few stat points elsewhere was doable. Beating somebody with 200 power and 50-100 extra health takes everything I've got.

What? That's ridiculous. Do the online pass codes have an expiration date or something? Sorry to hear that, but there has to be something someone can do. Did you try to contact Namco?
Yeah it's really annoying. I've emailed Namco customer service about the issue so well see what happens.

I was looking forward to playong online though :(

Degen

T3's visuals didn't improve enough from T2, 4 was too close to TTT, 5 didn't improve enough from 4, 6 didn't look a generation above 5, etc.

Only the Tag games are the improvements

Pachimari

Some textures on the models clothes are blurry and washed out, like the flower on Alisa. The characters have dead eyes, and the skin shaders are way too clean.

They could have added pores, scars and all sort of things to make it more detailed. But let's see how it looks with sweat and dirt.

I don't think it'll look much different but I'm alright with it.

Creaking

T3's visuals didn't improve enough from T2, 4 was too close to TTT, 5 didn't improve enough from 4, 6 didn't look a generation above 5, etc.

Only the Tag games are the improvements

Tekken 3 to Tag, sure, but Tekken 6 to Tag? Nuh-uh. Only small improvements there. And I would say that Tekken 6 did look a generation above 5, and 3 was a pretty nice step up from 2.

In any case, between Tekken 3 to Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5 to Tekken 6, and now Tekken Tag 2 to Tekken 7, this most recent jump seems like the smallest improvement.

AAK

Tekken 3 to Tag, sure, but Tekken 6 to Tag? Nuh-uh. Only small improvements there. And I would say that Tekken 6 did look a generation above 5, and 3 was a pretty nice step up from 2.

In any case, between Tekken 3 to Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5 to Tekken 6, and now Tekken Tag 2 to Tekken 7, this most recent jump seems like the smallest improvement.

Have to disagree with you there, I think T5DR - T6 had the smallest increment of graphical improvements.

Same amount of characters as the 20th Anniversary version as well. Oh well, hope they'd at least have some of the new stages.

Just a random question (spur of the mind kinda thing):

If there was a new military fighter from Africa added into Tekken, what kind of Martial Art would he be based on?

GrayFoxPL

Woo Murray tweeted that Chloe is ARCADE T7, but later revealed the context is not that she won't be on console but that console version is "ways off".

Damn when someone from developer says "ways off" it's damn way off.
Forget 2015, likely forget 2016. Late 2017 release?

Creaking

Have to disagree with you there, I think T5DR - T6 had the smallest increment of graphical improvements.

Really? I mean, maybe under the hood there wasn't that much going on, but the new lighting system, the addition of motion blur, and the suite of new and redone animations & models really set the game apart, especially in motion.

I mean, look at Kazuya

Look at the texture on his pants. Look at how the light shines on everything, giving it new dimensionality, making his skin look realistic and less flat. Look at the roundness of his arms; they're much less blocky than before.

And that's not taking into account how things look in action, with motion blur and whatnot.

Woo Murray tweeted that Chloe is ARCADE T7, but later revealed the context is not that she won't be on console but that console version is "ways off".

Damn when someone from developer says "ways off" it's damn way off.
Forget 2015, likely forget 2016. Late 2017 release?

You crush me.

On the one hand, more development time means more features, new editions of the game with new characters and stages, and potentially (lol Tekken 6) improved graphics.

On the other hand...

devestated.gif

Dereck

Just watched the ATP podcast, I'm at a point where I really think Harada is using the "Oh no no no, it's still 80% done blah blah", as a way to excuse how good this game does not look. I just don't think sweat and dirt is going to be able to masquerade the somewhat ugly character models. Before I didn't really care, but after people constantly and nearly incessantly pointing it out to me in the Gaming Section, it's been hard to ignore it. The game looks not good, and it annoys me. I don't believe that the game will look that different by the end of 2015.

The DOA5 crowd likes to bust Tekken fan's balls about the character models looking awful, that's all good and fun, but at this point, they have a point. Now, DOA5 character models aren't the best, but god damn, they're more pleasing to the eye than TTT2-T7 models, and I'm plainly not understanding the reasoning behind the way Tekken 7 looks. Are they reusing assets because it would take more time to release the game?

Just imagine, people getting bent out of shape, Tekken 7 might not come out on consoles until 2016, OK, but if ALL of the character models did not use T6/TTT2 assets, and were made from the ground up, wouldn't that mean that Tekken 7's development time would have been multiplied by 2?

Tekken 7 will not release in arcades until October 2014, because we are remaking all of the character models, interesting thought.

GrayFoxPL

I think all the fault comes from using UE4 off the bat without having any prior experience.
Second thing is the game is rushed as fuck. Sometimes I think it's a joke because it seems every 2 weeks game gains 5% of completion. Or more.

UE is not bad. I think MKX looks insane. I one of newer vids with Raiden and Kano tthe details like electricity look crazy good. But to get that point they first made 3 games using UE3. Ever since MKvsDC.

They had to learn that shit gradually for years.

What does Tekken Team do? Throw away their very own engine and jump onto UE4 like hot potatos. Then they are likely surprised why this shit runs so bad and doesn't look that good.

Btw do they use Nurbs for this? This makes polygons "rounder" from distance to make things look better while using fewer polys. But it's not ideal. Check out things like Steve's ear in new trailer, very low poly. Or Dragunov alternative spy costume in official screenshot. Very visible.

Rheon

Yeah, I share the 'it doesn't look so good' sentiment as well.

I was so excited about the move to UE4 because I thought we would get vastly improved graphics but I don't see why the move was needed if T7 was just gonna look like this.

AAK

Mortal Kombat must have a significantly higher budget than Tekken 7, hence why that game is able to redo every character's animations.

As for the graphics, Rip had a point that since they're jumping from 720p to 1080p. That is 2.25 times more pixels. Hence if they just ported Tekken 6 by itself to 1080p I assume it'd take that much power alone. And then you have to consider how much more detailed the environments will become, increased hit-effects, and such. But on the topic of character models, yes there's LOTS of room for improvement, but I'm just going to blame the budget.

And even then, the Tekken 6 engine is beautiful. It's just the art style and costumes being recycled from Tekken 5 makes it so hard to appreciate. And I think Thespian said it best, Tekken is the king of inconsistency. some moves are so beautifully animated and when the models don't do the animation justice it just looks so jarring.

And as for Dead or Alive 5, I think their female character models are definitely better than Tekken's, but the male ones for Tekken are far superior. They are way more detailed, be it in body muscles, scars, veins, clothing. The hair is definitely still a problem as we saw in the Chloe trailer.

But in the end, I understand the lack of detail like we see in Uncharted 4 and such because they just don't have the budget for it. If they spent that much money on it they probably won't make it back considering Tekken's niche market now. But the only thing I want them to do, is to update the art direction like it was in the PS1-PS2 era.

suupabuu

Banned
Just watched the ATP podcast, I'm at a point where I really think Harada is using the "Oh no no no, it's still 80% done blah blah", as a way to excuse how good this game does not look. I just don't think sweat and dirt is going to be able to masquerade the somewhat ugly character models. Before I didn't really care, but after people constantly and nearly incessantly pointing it out to me in the Gaming Section, it's been hard to ignore it. The game looks not good, and it annoys me. I don't believe that the game will look that different by the end of 2015.

The DOA5 crowd likes to bust Tekken fan's balls about the character models looking awful, that's all good and fun, but at this point, they have a point. Now, DOA5 character models aren't the best, but god damn, they're more pleasing to the eye than TTT2-T7 models, and I'm plainly not understanding the reasoning behind the way Tekken 7 looks. Are they reusing assets because it would take more time to release the game?

Just imagine, people getting bent out of shape, Tekken 7 might not come out on consoles until 2016, OK, but if ALL of the character models did not use T6/TTT2 assets, and were made from the ground up, wouldn't that mean that Tekken 7's development time would have been multiplied by 2?

Tekken 7 will not release in arcades until October 2014, because we are remaking all of the character models, interesting thought.

Apart from the new characters, Tekken 7's models are looking better than Dead or Alive 5's character models. The lack of character shaders on the models are present in the Tekken 7 trailers/alpha builds and that's only going to make them look even better.

av2k

I don't know.. I think the graphics look fine to me and this is coming from a guy who owns 2x 970s and plays with Skyrim graphics mods all day. The improvement in graphics becomes less and less visible when going to a new installment of any game. Granted there are some ugly parts of a character and strange shininess on Bryan but it looks gorgeous in motion and some of the backgrounds look spectacular. I especially like the new particle effects when getting attacked against the wall and the dirt that kicks up. As much as I love Mortal Kombat, the attacks just doesn't have the "OOMPH" that Tekken is able to conjure up except when it comes to fatalities/x-rays.

Pachimari

No seriously, it does look ugly, at least the characters. And Harada IS using that stupid percentage as an excuse. It went from 50% to 80% in no time whatsoever. I think he's just throwing numbers out there. And yes, dirt and sweat won't be magical.

I'm still excited but I can't deny the graphics disappoint.

sasuke_91

Guys, I'm extremely desperate right now. I bought a new LAN cable because I thought that would solve my connection problem. It didn't help, so I came to the conclusion that either my PS3 is the problem, or my router.
So... I uninstalled Tekken, the Update data and reinstalled the game. Before the game was installed, the Update was downloaded.
Now it says that my savegame is not compatible with the Update. I deleted the Update, reinstalled it and still had the problem. I wanted to see if the update was installed correctly, so I uploaded my save game to the cloud (PS+) and deleted it from my PS3. The game started, but of course all my replays and customs are gone! I deleted the new save game and wanted to download my old one, but it says that I can only download it every 24 hours although I never downloaded it, but uploaded it. I guess it means that I can only touch it every 24 hours...

My problem is...
First of all, how do I make my old savegame work after reinstalling the game?
Will my replays reappear after I have my old save game? Seriously, that's the only thing I want. I had replays that were more than a year old. My whole progress in this last year can be seen through watching my replays. I would be devastated if I were to lose them.
Should I let the PS3 synchronize with the cloud? I deleted the new Tekken savegame, but I'm afraid it'll screw anything up.

I hope this problem can be solved :(

GrayFoxPL

Guys, I'm extremely desperate right now. I bought a new LAN cable because I thought that would solve my connection problem. It didn't help, so I came to the conclusion that either my PS3 is the problem, or my router.
So... I uninstalled Tekken, the Update data and reinstalled the game. Before the game was installed, the Update was downloaded.
Now it says that my savegame is not compatible with the Update. I deleted the Update, reinstalled it and still had the problem. I wanted to see if the update was installed correctly, so I uploaded my save game to the cloud (PS+) and deleted it from my PS3. The game started, but of course all my replays and customs are gone! I deleted the new save game and wanted to download my old one, but it says that I can only download it every 24 hours although I never downloaded it, but uploaded it. I guess it means that I can only touch it every 24 hours...

My problem is...
First of all, how do I make my old savegame work after reinstalling the game?
Will my replays reappear after I have my old save game? Seriously, that's the only thing I want. I had replays that were more than a year old. My whole progress in this last year can be seen through watching my replays. I would be devastated if I were to lose them.
Should I let the PS3 synchronize with the cloud? I deleted the new Tekken savegame, but I'm afraid it'll screw anything up.

I hope this problem can be solved :(

Damn, that's messed up, buddy.

I don't think you've should've deleted the update, just the install file. This likely messed it up. I'm not sure where the game stores replays. Is this separate file in game save on ps3 menu?

Is the game config still yours, ranks and button configuration? Go to accounts - transaction management - redownload the online pass. I don't remember how many patches Tag2 had. 2 I think one for Clone dlc characters the other for bugs with eg. Kunimitsu. But that first patch worked after a game reset, not right away.

To be clear: Make sure you have the same content as before you deleted it. Like did you download official dlc music for tekken tunes or dlc movies from old games. I don't think non dlc music(own mp3) in tekken tunes would mess up save data but anything is possible.

Then download the save from the cloud. I don't think it's gonna be compatible until all the content will match. I never used the cloud btw.

I just listened to ATP as well, and Aris said Dan (I assume DTN) watched that trailer and said it looked like Tekken5 upgraded, lol. I think that is a bit extreme though. But that person hasn't played tekken in a while.

Dereck

I just listened to ATP as well, and Aris said Dan (I assume DTN) watched that trailer and said it looked like Tekken5 upgraded, lol. I think that is a bit extreme though. But that person hasn't played tekken in a while.
I think people that have played video games from PS1-era to PS4-era are spoiled, and have too high of an expectation for "better" graphics. The huge jump in graphics has already happened, people ignore the minor details, that someone like me would notice. It's not surprising. I find myself only discussing graphics with people who understand that it's not just about wow factor anymore, that expectation is unreasonable.

Tekken 5 looks great, it was a PS2 game, this is what I'm saying, that graphics have looked great since when the PS2 was released. It just means that graphics have looked so outstanding, that it's become harder to make them above outstanding, that is reaching a limit I think.

Anyway, guys, I'm just talking about the character models here, you all know that, besides that, the environments/lighting/sparks look great. I hope though however that there is a little more put in the backgrounds, Tag 2 had tons of background activities in a lot of the stages. We can see that in the T7 Snow stage, so I'm not discouraged.

sasuke_91

Damn, that's messed up, buddy.

I don't think you've should've deleted the update, just the install file. This likely messed it up. I'm not sure where the game stores replays. Is this separate file in game save on ps3 menu?

Is the game config still yours, ranks and button configuration? Go to accounts - transaction management - redownload the online pass. I don't remember how many patches Tag2 had. 2 I think one for Clone dlc characters the other for bugs with eg. Kunimitsu. But that first patch worked after a game reset, not right away.

To be clear: Make sure you have the same content as before you deleted it. Like did you download official dlc music for tekken tunes or dlc movies from old games. I don't think non dlc music(own mp3) in tekken tunes would mess up save data but anything is possible.

Then download the save from the cloud. I don't think it's gonna be compatible until all the content will match. I never used the cloud btw.

Everything got resetted except for Online ranks of course.
There are 3 Tekken files on the PS3. The install file and the update in the game file folder and your savegame in the save file folder, so I guess the replays are saved with the save file. I'm not entirely sure though.
The only file that wasn't installed when I wanted to start the game is the Online Pass. I have no DLC music and my Tekken Tunes music is still saved on my PS3.
I bought the game when all the updates were out already. My savegame should have always been compatible with the newest update.
Tommorow, I'll try downloading the Online Pass and after that, I'll redownload the save file from the cloud. If that doesn't work, I'll have to begin a new game and forget about all my replays :(

EDIT: Just checked a new savegame and it's 1219 KB. The savegame in the cloud is 19 MB. I guess that's because of the replays.

Manbig

They give more of a shit about making the game run at a consistent 60 FPS than they do about huge graphical leaps.

And that is exactly how it should be.

Sayah

I think they will still be improving that.

These things that I (and others) noticed from the trailer.

Next-gen flowers?
jbmTLXkF7Fufws.jpg

Excessive hair clipping/Next-gen hair?

jF15sI1kAhnFu.jpg

No facial movement while laughing. Bryan's lips/mouth are stuck in a static position and it comes off looking VERY awkward.

jw9aznkrNxZPD.jpg

More Hair Clipping/Next gen ear?

jp4ZwO7XWZO3E.jpg

Next-gen armpits?

jb20DMjK67Z5ZX.jpg

Even more hair clipping

jvY296NhQfYBV.jpg

With that said, the game looks really beautiful imo. Just character models need these tweaks in areas that I've mentioned above. And BRING BACK THE SPARKS.

Honestly, DoA5 models look better and they are running on an inferior engine.

Edit: somebody show this post to Harada. I don't want these things to go unnoticed.

Sayah

So Lucky Chloe turned from the most hated character to the most anticipated character in a week. lol. I can't believe gaming news sites went so far as to report on it, hahahahaha.

I had an annoying and stress filled week but Chloe related posts made it better.

Particularly, these posts.

Tekken is my favorite serious fighting game series. I love how it's always taken itself super serious.

180px-PJackT1.JPG

After defeating Kazumi Mishima, Chole traps all of the Mishimas in a ball of yarn and cutely plays with it on top of an active volcano because that's a thing cats do, but since she is such a ditz she drops them into the boiling magma, ending the Mishima saga once and for all.

"Oops~nya!" she says. With that, she becomes the CEO of the Mishima Zaibatsu, and a new epic saga about the new "Moe Gene" begins!

Fighting games have long been plagued with stupid bitch characters and Tekken is no exception. Lucky *KAWAII* Chloe, is the antithesis of manly violence, the focused embodiment of everything that's wrong with Tekken, the polar opposite of everything that is cool about fighting games.

Through the twisted looking glass of a fever dream Namco was able to conjure a skinny white girl that spins and flips and pirouettes while flapping her little hands and improbable angles, and we the Tekken audience are supposed to believe her unlikely gesticulations are inflicting damage to badasses like Heihachi, Brian, and Paul? If this doesn't bother you, you are the problem.

Every time someone wins with Chloe the gods of Tekken die a little. This is the King of the Iron Fist Tournament, not the Newport Beach Cotillion. This is a game where dudes punch each other in the face and stomp each other into the ground. If rhythmic gymnastics is more to your liking, go attach a pretty ribbon to a stick, put on a sundress, and go frolic in a god damn field. Your bullshit has no place in the world of Tekken.

I miss when Tekken was nothing but respectable characters like Kuma, Panda, Alex, Roger, and Roger Jr.

And they kept it realistic with the Jacks, Combot, and Mokujin

What happened to anime-free characters like Lars, Raven and Alisa

Now we have to deal with this girl who wears clothes I don't like. Way to drop the ball, Harada

Next you'll tell me she shoots lasers out of her forehead or some goddamn impossible shit like that

suupabuu

Banned
I think they will still be improving that.

These things that I (and others) noticed from the trailer.

Next-gen flowers?
jbmTLXkF7Fufws.jpg

Excessive hair clipping/Next-gen hair?

jF15sI1kAhnFu.jpg

No facial movement while laughing. Bryan's lips/mouth are stuck in a static position and it comes off looking VERY awkward.

jw9aznkrNxZPD.jpg

More Hair Clipping/Next gen ear?

jp4ZwO7XWZO3E.jpg

Next-gen armpits?

jb20DMjK67Z5ZX.jpg

Even more hair clipping

jvY296NhQfYBV.jpg

With that said, the game looks really beautiful imo. Just character models need these tweaks in areas that I've mentioned above. And BRING BACK THE SPARKS.

Honestly, DoA5 models look better and they are running on an inferior engine.

Edit: somebody show this post to Harada. I don't want these things to go unnoticed.

These aren't really model issues, it's more of a rigging/weight mapping issue. Flowers and hair issues could be corrected through shader. If Harada is really going to have his team correct these issues, then these should be easily fixed through texture refinement.

Sayah

These aren't really model issues, it's more of a rigging/weight mapping issue. Flowers and hair issues could be corrected through shader. If Harada is really going to have his team correct these issues, then these should be easily fixed through texture refinement.

I consider hair, ear, mouth, armpits, etc. as part of the character model. I don't know in what universe those things are not.

Good eye suupabuu. It is rather sad how the status quo has fallen. They want to excuse themselves by saying it is so expensive to make triple A games these days. Yet, I know of several in the modding community who would fix such oopsies in a matter of minutes. I of course epicly fail at 3d modeling, but not without trying. I have messed around quite a bit with the Xiaoyu 3d models I have. I look forward to a possible Tekken 7 PC release to see modders show Namco how it's done. They have already schooled Capcom, Decapre is a clear rip off the modders.

Top Bottom