• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT3| 1.2 many things to dig...

Grinchy

Banned
Either way, I got the trophy when he joined up, but I still have one empty NPC space....I need to figure out who I am missing..
It's probably Santa Claus. I think he only spawns in December or something.

I feel I am starting to run out of ideas of things to do, but then I remember the armor trophies, pet trophies, and more...and I get a little motivation to play. I was starting to collect more and more mats, and I plan to get as many trophies as I can, but I dunno if I'll ever plat the game. Making the world hallowed or corrupt would be a MAJOR pain in the buns, unless there was an easy way to dupe money, so I could run around throwing magical powder on everything for hours..and hours..and hours....
I have been using the Clentaminator. I spent a few plat on the red liquid and then I dug like 20 hellevators and just sprayed the liquid down each side. When I look at my map, everything is corrupted. But, since some blocks don't corrupt (like dirt), the only way to get my % up is to get rid of those kinds of blocks. I don't really recommend going after the trophy. It's tedious and annoying. I at least kind of enjoyed going after the armor sets.

On a side note, I find that Spectre armor and a Magnet Sphere is a pretty unstoppable combination of gear. The Magnet Sphere shoots at enemies really fast and does good damage, so you're constantly healing yourself (due to the Spectre armor). I keep wanting to switch to other builds since I have all the armors but they all feel underpowered in comparison.

It's probably Santa Claus. I think he only spawns in December or something.

I have been using the Clentaminator. I spent a few plat on the red liquid and then I dug like 20 hellevators and just sprayed the liquid down each side. When I look at my map, everything is corrupted. But, since some blocks don't corrupt (like dirt), the only way to get my % up is to get rid of those kinds of blocks. I don't really recommend going after the trophy. It's tedious and annoying. I at least kind of enjoyed going after the armor sets.

On a side note, I find that Spectre armor and a Magnet Sphere is a pretty unstoppable combination of gear. The Magnet Sphere shoots at enemies really fast and does good damage, so you're constantly healing yourself (due to the Spectre armor). I keep wanting to switch to other builds since I have all the armors but they all feel underpowered in comparison.
Ahh yes...that dastardly Santa...good call. Regarding the corruption, a very, very huge chunk of it in my world is in my snow biome, and it's quite enormous...I think I need to save up for quite a while, but I have been formulating some plans to try it. I am definitely going to attempt it, but it will be later on, as I still have many things to do that will help me save and make more moolah to buy more of that magic juice for the Clentaminator. I also need to expose the entire map, so that should take a little more time.

My goal for this weekend is to get some sort of pics down, either of my home in process, or my map, or something...maybe try to make that Spectre armor and magnet sphere set. I do like changing things up in my play style...from either using True Excalibur or the other True sword I can't remember the name of, to Megasharking it up, to being a magic blaster. That Magnet sphere combo seems way OP, which is a good thing in certain cases!
Really want to buy a vita just for this.
It's just like others have said, it's quite good. I tried Terraria on PS3, and found it to be fairly "meh" for me there...but the Vita gave it a new life, and it just feels different, like way better, playing it on there. Portable mining and creation, with instantaneous jumping in and out of the game due to the sleep feature helps when you are deep in the world, or in the middle of an event. I can't believe how much time I've spent on it, aimlessly running around or digging, or actually playing. I'd love to see a counter of my play time...or not...

XaeonBE

It's just like others have said, it's quite good. I tried Terraria on PS3, and found it to be fairly "meh" for me there...but the Vita gave it a new life, and it just feels different, like way better, playing it on there. Portable mining and creation, with instantaneous jumping in and out of the game due to the sleep feature helps when you are deep in the world, or in the middle of an event. I can't believe how much time I've spent on it, aimlessly running around or digging, or actually playing. I'd love to see a counter of my play time...or not...

Performance is a little spotty in parts but Terraria on the Vita is great for the most part. You can't go wrong with it.

It's definitely my most played Vita game.

Thanks for the info guys really willing to buy a vita now. Only one thing how are the controlls because I still am worried here about that... played mobile version ( Yeah that's going to be a big difference) and the PC version (like 200+ hours now :p) And yeah mouse & keyboard rock for this game how is it on a Vita?

Grinchy

Banned
Thanks for the info guys really willing to buy a vita now. Only one thing how are the controlls because I still am worried here about that... played mobile version ( Yeah that's going to be a big difference) and the PC version (like 200+ hours now :p) And yeah mouse & keyboard rock for this game how is it on a Vita?

It would definitely take some time to adjust. I played the PC version for about 60 hours before getting the Vita version (which I've played 100s of hours on now). A few things are harder to do with the Vita, like aiming projectiles. It'll just never match having a mouse in that regard. Block placement when building is slightly more cumbersome as well. But once the Vita controls click, it becomes very intuitive. Also, the lower Vita resolution will feel pretty confined at first. Playing on like 1200p and then going down to 960x544 is a huge change.

I've beaten all the bosses and done the events on Vita, so it's not like the loss of projectile accuracy will keep you from progressing. I just love being able to press a button to put my system in standby with the game running and jump immediately back into it later on. I am also a sucker for playing Vita games in bed before going to sleep.

XaeonBE

It would definitely take some time to adjust. I played the PC version for about 60 hours before getting the Vita version (which I've played 100s of hours on now). A few things are harder to do with the Vita, like aiming projectiles. It'll just never match having a mouse in that regard. Block placement when building is slightly more cumbersome as well. But once the Vita controls click, it becomes very intuitive. Also, the lower Vita resolution will feel pretty confined at first. Playing on like 1200p and then going down to 960x544 is a huge change.

I've beaten all the bosses and done the events on Vita, so it's not like the loss of projectile accuracy will keep you from progressing. I just love being able to press a button to put my system in standby with the game running and jump immediately back into it later on. I am also a sucker for playing Vita games in bed before going to sleep.

Nice does it have online multiplayer as well?

Holy crap. I started the beginning process o building my new utopia for everyone. Spent a long ass time making a new home for everyone, and moving all my mats to the new temporary location. Now to just finalize a design, an start it up...it was kinda sad destroying my first house, but with what I have yet to do in the game I feel it's the right time indeed. I got the specter armor and a deadly magnet sphere drop. It's pretty great, but the drop on armor is going to take some getting used to. Going from 78 to 38 is an eye opener, but te HP regeneration certainly makes up for it. Will need to test this out on some bosses.
Nice does it have online multiplayer as well?
It certainly does, supporting 8 people. I've only done the MP once in all my time playing it, but it was certainly fun.

I just tried the spectre armor and magic sphere combo cause I wanted to see how good it was. It really is OP. So far it's the only way I've survived doing the Pumpkin Moon event and it made beating Ocram extremely easy. At the rate I was recovering health, the drop in defense switching from the turtle armor to that didn't matter. Was at nearly full health the whole time.

Grinchy

Banned
Well, the PS4 version is out today. People who paid $20 for the Vita version do not get the PS4 version free despite the fact that people who pay $20 for the PS4 version get the Vita version free.

I was looking forward to playing this some more because it supposedly even has cross-saves and cross-play. But I'm not spending another $20.

Retro

Especially when the PC version has never been more than 10 bucks and isn't waaaaay behind in terms of content.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So in the past few weeks I've gotten myself into hardmode for the first time (after 100 hours of playing, LOL) and have slowly been working my way along the progression path, and I have to say I'm loving the hell out of it. After tons of exploring and fighting I have myself wearing full Hallowed Armor and combined / upgraded trinkets and reforged a cutlass into a good weapon, and I now have the Destroyer on farm and will soon defeat the Twin Eyes. Skeletron Prime still seems beyond me however. This game was so incredibly worth the $10 I spent on it.

My goal is to have the game "finished" before the upcoming 1.3 patch hits and adds a bunch of even more stuff. I find myself wondering if Terraria will update to 1.3 before Starbound updates at all in over a year's timeframe.....o_O

Grinchy

Banned
So in the past few weeks I've gotten myself into hardmode for the first time (after 100 hours of playing, LOL) and have slowly been working my way along the progression path, and I have to say I'm loving the hell out of it. After tons of exploring and fighting I have myself wearing full Hallowed Armor and combined / upgraded trinkets and reforged a cutlass into a good weapon, and I now have the Destroyer on farm and will soon defeat the Twin Eyes. Skeletron Prime still seems beyond me however. This game was so incredibly worth the $10 I spent on it.

My goal is to have the game "finished" before the upcoming 1.3 patch hits and adds a bunch of even more stuff. I find myself wondering if Terraria will update to 1.3 before Starbound updates at all in over a year's timeframe.....o_O

Yeah I personally ended up loving hard mode. I read bad things about it and was worried I'd ruin a nice world I had spent a lot time on, but it basically ended up feeling like the game begins at hard mode.

So I did some sort of survey that was asking a lot of questions about Terraria. Maybe they're looking at doing something with Terraria in the future.

edit. Either that or someone really wants to understand the appeal of Terraria and how to emulate it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Is achievements coming?

Supposed to be in 1.3 for the pc, whenever that gets released in the near (distant) future.

I need to beat hardmode before that happens, lol. Currently I'm working on beating the golem boss in the jungle dungeon, after that I will explore the old dungeon fully as it's packed with new harder monsters now. No idea what lies after that, maybe I'm close to the "end" of the progression ladder finally. This game just keeps on going, hah.

Grinchy

Banned
This is going to be on sale this week on PSN. You can get the Vita or PS4 version for only $4.50 separately, or you can get the bundle for only $6! *edit- it looks like only the $6 option is there

I'm definitely buying the PS4 version for $4.50 so I can continue my Vita save file.

Grinchy

Banned
Went ahead and bought the PS4 version since it was only $6. My worlds and character transferred over the cloud really easily. It's nice playing in HD again. On PC I played at 1200p and it was nice, but 1080p is definitely right for sitting on a couch in front of a TV.

Went ahead and bought the PS4 version since it was only $6. My worlds and character transferred over the cloud really easily. It's nice playing in HD again. On PC I played at 1200p and it was nice, but 1080p is definitely right for sitting on a couch in front of a TV.
Nice....this could be just thing I don't need to get back in to this.

I was thinking of buying this for Vita, but the sales prices are over and it doesn't seem like the PS4 version grants you the Vita game anymore... or does it?

I nabbed the PS4 version when it was on sale, but I'm pretty sure the Vita version was on Plus not long ago, right? You may already have it. lol

Great game, BTW. It took me a little while to get the hang of the cursor, but now I enjoy the game quite a bit. It's pretty addictive.

Grinchy

Banned
I nabbed the PS4 version when it was on sale, but I'm pretty sure the Vita version was on Plus not long ago, right? You may already have it. lol

Great game, BTW. It took me a little while to get the hang of the cursor, but now I enjoy the game quite a bit. It's pretty addictive.

The cursor was so weird to me at first, too. I had ~60ish hours in the PC version when I bought it on Vita. The low resolution and awkward controls surprisingly didn't turn me off. I'd guess I spent like 150ish hours with the Vita version!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I received Terraria PS3 for Christmas, and despite having spent so much time in the PC version, I'm quite liking the console version too. I noticed online that on the PC version, you can hammer diagonally placed platforms into proper stairs, but that this feature is not yet in the console version. Are they still updating the console version at all so that stuff like this might get into it?

bobawesome

The console versions are getting the Frost Moon event in the next couple of weeks, so worry not, content is still coming.

No clue when that specific feature may come over, though. Maybe they're saving all the good stuff for a huge update after the PC version is brought up to 1.3?

Source: http://www.terrariaonline.com/

Glad to hear that the console version is getting love still. I stopped playing this when MC came to Vita...but that game didn't hold my interest like Terraria does. Granted, I haven't touched it in months, but I've really been jonesin for it.

Quick question for all the console miners, especially the PS4/Vita ones -

I know I can port my Vita world to PS4...can I save my progress there, and transfer back to Vita? Or do all the new PS4 features not jive well with the VIta, like is the case with that "other" game like this, except in 3d..? That insane screen real estate on PS4 looks awful tempting..

Thanks all :D

You can go back and forth. Just be sure to export on one platform so you can import on the other. The only caveat is that you can't swap save slots, so "World 2" on your Vita can only saved/loaded to slot 2 on the PS4. Also keep in mind that characters and worlds are saved separately.

painey

is there a specific list of things to do in this game? If I go too far east or west I get into 'corruption' and death eaters are too frustrating to deal with, so i've been cave digging.. and aside from lots of ore I'm not really finding anything to do? I know there are bosses and stuff, but I havent found anything cool yet

VandalD

is there a specific list of things to do in this game? If I go too far east or west I get into 'corruption' and death eaters are too frustrating to deal with, so i've been cave digging.. and aside from lots of ore I'm not really finding anything to do? I know there are bosses and stuff, but I havent found anything cool yet
The beginning of the game is mainly a lot of digging and chopping down trees. Get a bunch of wood to make a crapload of platforms, and go mining. Make a furnace, make an anvil, and make a full suit of iron armor and a sword with an arcing swing (instead of the dumb poking sword they start you with).

An important thing to remember is that any item you pick up that's labled as a Material can be used to craft something else. Talk to the guide, pick crafting, and put materials in the box on the lower left of the screen (at least, this is what you do in the PC version) to find out what you can craft with those items. A lot of the bosses have to be summoned with crafted items.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Game's just got an update on Vita. Did a search on Google and no one seems to be talking about it. Anyone knows what's new?

Retro

Sorry but this asshole doesn't need additional viewers. One of the worst streamer/ Youtuber on the net.

I didn't see it, but apparently he went on a huge, obscenity-laden rant about how he was the reason Terraria has done so well, took all the credit for it's popularity, crapped on the developers... it was really ugly from what I've heard.

Froli

I didn't see it, but apparently he went on a huge, obscenity-laden rant about how he was the reason Terraria has done so well, took all the credit for it's popularity, crapped on the developers... it was really ugly from what I've heard.

Not only that, He actually cried lol. Then the Dev's intervened and asked him to stop streaming.

Nevermind that, Game is out? WOHOOO!
Pedguin is currently streaming. He got a rare wing drop and looks good
http://www.twitch.tv/pedguin

Top Bottom