• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

DBT85

You're more than welcome to jump in. And join us on race weekend for the madness in here.

Ahh yes. Race weekends.

Loldonado
Fuck you Vettel!
I wish to suck Vettel deep into my mouth. You are all haters.
"leave me alone I know what I'm doing" lol
Lolsjean
FFS these Pirelli tyres are shit

Etc etc

Juicy Bob

Ahh yes. Race weekends.

Loldonado
Fuck you Vettel!
Lolsjean

Etc etc
Let's not forget...

P2UAL.gif

Leunam

Ahh yes. Race weekends.

Loldonado
Fuck you Vettel!
Lolsjean

Etc etc

That's why I said madness. :)

Helmut Marko: “The opening race comes at least two months too early for us. This is a very serious matter. At the moment we do not know in what time frame it will be possible to catch up, or if it is possible at all.”

The Finger: “If half the drivers fail to finish, then maybe we could take a few points.”

qualifying at Albert Park should be fucking great

I still find it incredibly hilarious that Maldonado left Williams just when they got their shit together. I mean, he must've known about the development of the car, no?

Wecxic2.jpg

In that sense, yeah, good job, dickhead.

I think "My Heart will Grosjean" is the most popular in the last pages :p

Is it a take on "My Heart Will Go On"? Because if not, I'm not getting it.

Addnan

I still find it incredibly hilarious that Maldonado left Williams just when they got their shit together. I mean, he must've known about the development of the car, no?

Probably, but he managed to bag the team that was threatening Red Bull at times over the last 2 years. Lotus just happen to also become the worst team on the grid within a matter of months.

Knowing how development of the car was going wouldn't really tell you much until you saw the final package anyway. It's not like it would have been in say, 2012 when you'd have known you had a rocketship going into testing. The engines make too much of a difference to make those guesses.

Probably, but he managed to bag the team that was threatening Red Bull at times over the last 2 years. Lotus just happen to also become the worst team on the grid within a matter of months.

But I imagine that he was told about their financial situation during the negotiations. At least he or his manager should've asked. Even people here on F1GAF saw Lotus' financial troubles months ago.

Definitely not. Development of the next year's car is very much on a need to know basis. Without a Williams contract for 2014, he'd know as much as you or I.

Where he screwed up was everyone knew Mercedes was going to bring the house this year, and Lotus had been drained of all it's talent and money. I don't think anyone knew Williams would be this good, but everyone knew Lotus was going to really struggle. Even with a healthy Renault, they weren't going to be very competitive. That ship be sinkin'.

Zozobra

Guys this is a stupid question, but is it pronounced liver-y (like the internal organ) or live-ery (like a live performance)?

AcridMeat

Banned
Depends on where you reside. Since it's a primarily UK sport, it's live-ry. It's liver-y in the states. At least that's what I say.

Though I may have that backwards now that I think about it since I'm so used to it.

thechemist

I have always been a Ferrari fan but it looks like this year I will be rooting for the Williams team as well, they seem to have done a fantastic job and the car looks great.

Massa WDC 2014...

AcridMeat

Banned
I forgot to comment on the Williams. I agree I wish they had a bit more real estate of the car to work with but it looks great as is. I like what they did to the nose to draw attention away from the hideous tip. Smart. Will be rooting for them especially now that they don't have pasta. Have high hopes for them and Caterham.
Don't you always have it backwards, Acrid :p
Too god damn true.

I'm gonna leave this here because I think it might get used a lot during the actual season. lol

bidezkkcuaebdmu.png

I'd love to see this. As much as I shit on Massa during his post-crash Ferrari days, I'd love to see him beat Ferrari and give them the finger, considering how shit the team's performance in general has been.

All that, if he isn't as useless as he was during his later Ferrari days, of course.

Top Bottom